Available NOW - The Red Box - New Presets for Omnisphere

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.

Some good news!

Red Box will be release early.... :)

Stay tuned.

PatchAdamz wrote:Some good news!

Awesome-sauce! :D
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote:

Ladies and Gentleman,

Red Box is NOW available.

Use code, "Red" to get the intro special for a short time.

So, is there a patch in there called "For America" ? :wink:

Numanoid wrote:So, is there a patch in there called "For America" ? :wink:
Mmm, no, I thought the American flag was Red, White and Blue.... 8)

BUT, the good news is Azerbaijan has a flag with Green, Blue and Red. :D

PatchAdamz wrote:
Ben H wrote:

Ladies and Gentleman,

I applied the code and got a $2.80 discount. Is this really the "special price" ?

Also, is the mod wheel programmed in these?

spirit wrote:
PatchAdamz wrote:
Ben H wrote:

Ladies and Gentleman,

I applied the code and got a $2.80 discount. Is this really the "special price" ?

Also, is the mod wheel programmed in these?
For the last month this was on sale with a big discount.
Now it is released and has an introductory discount but not as large as the pre-release discount.
Also, the overall price has ranged between $19-25, not expensive by comparative standards.

There is mod wheel programing on ALL of the pre-sets for Red Box, Blue Box, and Green Box.
I noticed you missed this in a previous posts, stating there wasn't much.

Let me correct this, there IS extensive mod wheel programming on ALL of the presets and done individually for each one.

The Mod wheel programming is MUCH more complex then simple turning up the wheel to make the sound modulate.
That's fine for some sounds but can be redundant and un-nessesary for say percussion as well as other sounds.

I do incorporate simple modulation on the mod wheel (for many presets) BUT if you look, you will see that very often, effects, tone, patch morphing, cutoff, sample start,mix, etc has been implemented to the mod wheel.

This allows for much more expressive playing then simply adding vibrato to the patch.

Every preset has detailed programming.

Sorry I missed your answer before - but it never hurts to reiterate about such an important aspect! :-) Thanks for the info.

It seems that a number of presets in The Red Box use Trilian soundsources and wont load in Omni. :?
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote:It seems that a number of presets in The Red Box use Trilian soundsources and wont load in Omni. :?
Correct. I'm only part of the way through playing with the bank but so far ARP - 777 loads one sound source only, and ARP - Red Means Red loads nothing because of Trillian sound sources.

Also, perhaps I've got the "pre-release" version again like with BlueBox, but so far 8 of the patches are programmed too hot and are clipping with two or three key polyphony. For example ARP - Red River, and GUIT - Singing Harmonics.

Some nice programming here though with interesting textures.

spirit wrote:
Ben H wrote:It seems that a number of presets in The Red Box use Trilian soundsources and wont load in Omni. :?
Correct. I'm only part of the way through playing with the bank but so far ARP - 777 loads one sound source only, and ARP - Red Means Red loads nothing because of Trillian sound sources.

Also, perhaps I've got the "pre-release" version again like with BlueBox, but so far 8 of the patches are programmed too hot and are clipping with two or three key polyphony.
Was Bluebox updated then after the release?

aMUSEd wrote:
spirit wrote:

Also, perhaps I've got the "pre-release" version again like with BlueBox, but so far 8 of the patches are programmed too hot and are clipping with two or three key polyphony.
Yes, quite a few patches were too hot in the initial (prerelease?) bank that seemed to have been accidently made available. They were fixed later. The download should be marked bluebox-final.zip on your download page.

Hello Ben,

We added some bonus presets from the advertised 80.
These are for extended Spectrasonics users.
They are in addition to the Red Box 80 (and FREE). :wink:
Last edited by PatchAdamz on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aMUSEd wrote:
spirit wrote:

Yes, Blue Box "final" was released on the 1st (release date).
All customers were emailed about the release.

Return to “Soundware”