Dune2
74%
Sylenth1
26%

Total votes: 243

RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3 Sylenth1

I pick hardware over both. Much more fun.

fisherKing wrote:i loved sylenth1, but abandoned it when i moved to logicX. for the record, i begged lennard for a 64bit AU for years. sad it's taken so long, and now...probably late 2014. still, it's a great, great synth.

dune2 is it's own thing, and lovely. a deep, musical sound. am using it a lot, and have barely scratched the surface.
one of my new faves...
I don't suppose you've tried out Soundradix 32lives? It works perfectly in logic-x with sylenth.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:
fisherKing wrote:i loved sylenth1, but abandoned it when i moved to logicX. for the record, i begged lennard for a 64bit AU for years. sad it's taken so long, and now...probably late 2014. still, it's a great, great synth.

dune2 is it's own thing, and lovely. a deep, musical sound. am using it a lot, and have barely scratched the surface.
one of my new faves...
I don't suppose you've tried out Soundradix 32lives? It works perfectly in logic-x with sylenth.
it didn't exist yet when logic X came out. so i chose to sell sylenth1...which i am fine with. otherwise, 32lives is a great idea.

Kriminal wrote:I pick hardware over both. Much more fun.

I'm trying not to limit myself.

thunderkyss wrote:

Neither am i 8)

Let's not talk about Sylenth (it's bullshit) but Dune2, the only admiring word is it's GUI.
That's all.

I think I could purchase Dune 2 soon to replace old Sylenth1.

How about CPU usage? The main advantage of Sylenth1 is that it's lightweight and I that's my first choice for most of sounds, even simplest ones.

On the other hand, Dune 2 does not need stacking.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

V0RT3X wrote:
I use Sylenth in Logic Pro X with Vienna Ensemble Pro - works great!

For me it's about the character how the audio sounds and Sylenth1 sounds more right in my ears and to many other producers i think.

One more question: can anybody confirm that full Dune 2 works with Ableton Live racks?
Demo does not and I need that feature :/

EDIT: Nevermind, I managed to run a test:
https://soundcloud.com/djwarmonger/syle ... ne2-roland
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: EDIT: Nevermind, I managed to run a test:
https://soundcloud.com/djwarmonger/syle ... ne2-roland
Sylenth - authentic, phat!
Dune - Cheezy, thin

Sylenth wins again!

TBH though, was not quite an apples to apples test as Dune had some kind of weird verb on it

No offence, but most of these comparison clips make me wonder how much time people spend to match the sounds. 5 minutes? I used to have the Sylatnh1 demo installed, and with a bit of work, i was able to match the sound to 95% with Dune 1. I don't know where to start with this sound demo... the attack doesn't match, the detune doesn't match, there's much more reverb on the Dune 2 part than on the Sylenth part, and and and. I'm sure you can get much closer than that. That said, of course Dune 2 won't sound exactly like Sylenth, why should it? I must admit i wasn't really stoked on the Dune 2 demo either. It somehow has a certain "artificial" vibe to it, which i didn't like. Shame the dev didn't decide to port Antidote. I like the overall character of it much better. At least from what i heard from the sound demos.

The reverb settings should be same on both synths as far as the knobs can tell. Sylenth reverb is just smooth and Dune huge by design. I actually like it on Dune, to be honest.

Keep in mind that I just installed demo for Dune and don't know how it feels. Just wanted to check if it's capable of creating this sound at all.

A general request for developers: keep all your time readouts in miliseconds and frequencies in Hz, so presets can be easily ported between synths.

foster911 wrote:Let's not talk about Sylenth (it's bullshit) but Dune2, the only admiring word is it's GUI.
That's all.
Ehhh? What?
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Return to “Instruments”