Is there a TG500(sy85) virtual instrument or sample Lib?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I really love my sy85 sound.
I like sy85's pad sound and amped guitar sound. but didn't find an alternative virtual instrument.
Is there an virtual instrument or sample Lib which can reproduce TG500(sy85) sound exactly or alternative VI?

If you mean the Yamaha TG500, I guess the only real alternatives would be either the MOTIF (Halion One, bundled with Cubase 4 and up, not externally available), or the S-YXG100 Software, which is discontinued.

I know that's not even close the TG-500 (sy85), but these are your only alternatives unless we talk DX or TX. I really wish that Yamaha would have made their software synth (the S-YXG) an "official" VSTi - all other ways are not really legal.

This thread screams for MaliceX's attention for sure.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I have SY-85, and I agree some sounds are great; WusikStation 5 has many sampled sounds from it, though they don't actually do real justice to the original.

I'd love to know if there's a real SY-85/TG-500 VI too.

- Mario

mabian wrote:I have SY-85, and I agree some sounds are great; WusikStation 5 has many sampled sounds from it, though they don't actually do real justice to the original.

- Mario
Don't think there is a real TG500 VSTi, unless Yamaha releases a software version of it. The internal samples are copyright.
You could recreate the presets/performances with another sample library, but I guess these are also copyright.

Maybe this could happen one day since Korg (M1/Wavestation) and Roland (D50) also did it with great accuracy.

Peter.
My band : The Black Tartan Clan (celtic punkrock)

Because Yamaha's TG/SY series uses samples, it would be illegal to commercially create samplesets out of them. However, if you want to sample one for your own personal use and not spread it around, I am sure no one would care.

Because of the sampled nature of the instruments in question (I used to own a SY55 and a TG33), you will not find a virtual instrument of those for purchase unless Yamaha decided to come out with it.

Mike

pschelfh wrote:Maybe this could happen one day since Korg (M1/Wavestation) and Roland (D50) also did it with great accuracy.
Please cite or post a link to where the Roland D-50 has been emulated?
I never heard of a software solution.

Of course, I'm still looking for a JX-8P or Super JX-10 solution as well...

lionscub68 wrote:
pschelfh wrote:Maybe this could happen one day since Korg (M1/Wavestation) and Roland (D50) also did it with great accuracy.

Sorry, the D50 is only emulated in (my soon to arrive! :D ) V-Synth XT and the VC1 cards for the original V-Synth, so not really software. Well, actually it's software running in hardware, you know what I mean. :wink:

Peter.
My band : The Black Tartan Clan (celtic punkrock)

lionscub68 wrote:

Roland had a card that could turn the Vari-OS rack module into a virtual D50. It also worked in the V-Synth (the original) and it's built into the V-Synth XT module. I remember years ago reading that someone had done a Reaktor ensemble to emulate the D50, but I don't know if it's available now or not.

bluesjeon wrote:I really love my sy85 sound.
I like sy85's pad sound and amped guitar sound. but didn't find an alternative virtual instrument.
Is there an virtual instrument or sample Lib which can reproduce TG500(sy85) sound exactly or alternative VI?

Do you still own your SY85??, if so why don't you sample it and then recreate the patches with kontakt or something. I've done this with mine. For instance if you are talking about that guitar patch that feeds back when you hold a key down, ...what the SY85 did was layer a guitar sample with a sinewave and edit the attack of the sinewave to get that slower whine, you could then feed it into a distortion plug of your choice and some delay...job done.

I still have my SY85, though it is in storage and in rather poor condition...far to chucky to have around in the studio now days with all this VSTi tech :lol:

I've actually sampled lots of my (Digital hardware) and recreated it in software with Kontakt...takes a bit of time, but its worth it...and is practically like the original...and then some.

You can get a lot of milage out of sampling hardware....which is all they do at times anyway..like the big rompler products (Omnisphere, Absynth, Alchemy, an so on), some stuff is so cheap you could ...buy it....sample it...sell...NEXT!

Cheers.

is there any news if there is a vst or sample library for the SY85?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Hi

I would say keep looking - I had an SY85 and really liked some of the sounds (AZTEC?).

I do remember a smallish free sample pack that came up several yewars ago - I think I have it somewhere.

Unfortunately my music PC is boxed up and not likely to see the light of day for some time as I am refurbishing my new home.

Perhaps I will come back to this thread in a couple of years with a present!

thanks a lot mate :D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

mabian wrote:I have SY-85, and I agree some sounds are great; WusikStation 5 has many sampled sounds from it, though they don't actually do real justice to the original.

- Mario
The soundset in Wusikstation you're thinking of is called "Famous Keys Plus 3"
The description says its based on the Yamaha SY 85 keyboard, and is multi-sampled.
http://www.wusik.com/ww/products/wusiks ... soundslist

Indeed, Wusik Station has several TG and SY samples. ;-)

AW2 is Sampling

any sampler will sound better with less aliasing
especially for synth sounds

and the emulations of real instruments will be much more realistic
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Return to “Instruments”