Very disappointed
37%
I want my money back
8%

Total votes: 90

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
MickGael wrote:Final judgment reserved until it plays as stand alone and loads without crashing crashing Cubase 7.52. :roll:
Has support been helpful? Please let me know what your ticket number is and I'll see what is going on.
Thank you for asking. They did respond. ASIO4ALL was offered as a possible temporary solution. Alas, it did not play nice with my system, so that is not an option for me. They followed up by saying that engineers are aware of the problem and are working on a fix.
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

The poll choices do not look unbiassed to me.

If you're going to select "very disappointed" or "money back" just ask yourself the questions first:
-- did IK Multimedia publish misleading information? (once the prices were announced and pre-orders could be placed the release date was set and was met, give or take a few hours)
-- were features promised that are not present?
-- didn't IK Multimedia provide enough audio demos? (there are hundreds now on the product Sounds page),
-- if you were unsure about a Pre-order then why did you decide not to wait?
-- did your expectations exceed what was released? If so, why?
-- are there any show-stopping bugs?
-- have you reported the bugs you have found? After all, all new software will have bugs.
-- Is your discontent related specifically to ST3?

At the very least, your answers will allow you to make an informed choice in the poll. (NB: there's absolutely no need to post your answers here, they are, after all, your own personal views).
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I guess at least 50% of the "very disappointed" and "money back" voters are just haters, probably they don't even own ST3...

gone
Last edited by jacqueslacouth on Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jacqueslacouth wrote:
mhog wrote:I guess at least 50% of the "very disappointed" and "money back" voters are just haters, probably they don't even own ST3...
That a boy, just dismiss anyone whose view is different from yours. :roll:
Nobody chimed in with this sentiment when it was implied that there was "gaming" going on with results that were leaning more toward the positive, though... hmmm. Starting to sound like American politics at this point. Two sides equally blinded and biased to the extreme not doing themselves any favors or moving toward progress or change.

We do welcome real data and input, so those that are that unhappy with their purchase have direct contact options available where they can express it to IK, and if done from or referencing their account information we can clearly see there was a purchase made. Easy enough, there. Visit our site for more information and to contact us - http://www.ikmultimedia.com

I'll be off to see who's rising on the Beatport charts now too, for some reason ;)

The poll lacks the "as good as I expected" option (the real reason why people buy ST3). On the contrary it tends to be a "fanboys vs haters" game ("ultraenthusiasts" vs "it sucks"). Now, ST2/ST3 are for: (1) general purpose (so, expect "bread an butter" sounds); (2) creating original/personal/innovative/whatever patches through multi+efx chain: it works like that in any workstation on the market (Trinity, Triton, Fantom, Motif, Sampletank etc.) and it's called "creativity".

mhog wrote:The poll lacks the "as good as I expected" option (the real reason why people buy ST3)...
+1

I would have changed my vote from "OK, but not as good as I expected", to "As good as I expected". So far - it's just exactly what I was expecting.

jdoo wrote:
mhog wrote:The poll lacks the "as good as I expected" option (the real reason why people buy ST3)...
+1

I would have changed my vote from "OK, but not as good as I expected", to "As good as I expected". So far - it's just exactly what I was expecting.

That would be "Very good glad I upgraded".

lotus2035 wrote:
jdoo wrote:
+1

That would be "Very good glad I upgraded".
? For me... not so much. I think the sounds are ok, and am not disappointed. If you think things are very good, and you're glad you upgraded. You should vote that way.

Still on ST2.x, actually I'm not even using it as I moved to x64 DAW and got Komplete Ultimate. It's a pity since I own 15+ IK products (Amplitube, T-Racks + Single plugins, SampleTank + 11 sample libraries) but for whatever reason I didn't qualify for the introductory promo offer for upgrading to ST3 for 99 bucks. Anyway... I might consider upgrading if I will see some good offer in the future.
resistance is futile. Check my latest mix: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=532758

OUCH. But, people should've seen this coming given the history of this company. Very unfortunate. Hopefully somehow they will fix it for the better, but I don't think anyone believes that.

dp

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
jacqueslacouth wrote:
mhog wrote:I guess at least 50% of the "very disappointed" and "money back" voters are just haters, probably they don't even own ST3...
That a boy, just dismiss anyone whose view is different from yours. :roll:
Nobody chimed in with this sentiment when it was implied that there was "gaming" going on with results that were leaning more toward the positive, though... hmmm. Starting to sound like American politics at this point. Two sides equally blinded and biased to the extreme not doing themselves any favors or moving toward progress or change.

We do welcome real data and input, so those that are that unhappy with their purchase have direct contact options available where they can express it to IK, and if done from or referencing their account information we can clearly see there was a purchase made. Easy enough, there. Visit our site for more information and to contact us - http://www.ikmultimedia.com

I'll be off to see who's rising on the Beatport charts now too, for some reason ;)
You should be a spinmeister for a politician, Peter. Of course there is the chance (and probability) that there are people who've participated who don't have ST3. But, I also don't see people doing handstands in the other thread over the quality of ST3. I always see a conflict of interest in situations like this when a representative of a company gets involved in what us consumers think.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I'm really disappointed with all the sound demos I've heard from it. I guess I expected it to sound significantly better than its decade-old predecessor. Are my expectations simply too high from owning a lot of specialized libraries? I really do have a soft spot in my gut for ST2, it was one of the very first products I bought when I was getting into music production, and I really wanted to be excited for ST3 instead of extremely underwhelmed. :shrug: The thing that really disappoints me is it took so long to develop and release. It's the Duke Nukem Forever of sample libraries.

aMUSEd wrote:Needs a fish option so I can vote
+1
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Return to “Instruments”