shortcuts for "initial" selecting a track or clip

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a shortcut to select a track or clip in edit window?

I can navigate to the next items (tracks or clips) per hotkeys, but how can i select any clips ot tracks without mouse?
It can be the top first track in the edit window or the first clip in the first track.

weird! nobody uses shortcuts in tracktion? only mouse-lover? ))
or maybe my english is to bad )))

The short-cuts are listed on the Settings page, but I couldn't find one to select an item.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

thanks for the reply!

Thenn the possibility to navigate to the next item per hotkey is pretty useless.
If i'm forced to use mouse to select one item, there is no sense for using shortkeys for mousless workflow .. ((

I've just had a try and I've cut and copied clips that I've just navigated to.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

jabe wrote:I've just had a try and I've cut and copied clips that I've just navigated to.
yes, i know, copy-paste is the great feature in tracktion and it works well.

But before i do any manipulation on an item i must navigate to this item or select it directly.
That's the point i'm missing. I'm forced to use mouse for selecting items and it slows down workflow.

My wish is selecting any item per shortcut (for example Track 1, or first clip in my "edit window" and then i could navigate per alt+left arrow or alt+down arrow etc. to my preffered item.

Ah, I see. So you're saying there appears to be no way to make an initial selection from which to start navigating elsewhere.

You should have said.

It may be no help, but if the browser section has been hidden, the Enter key seems to do the job. Ctrl-Shft-L hides and unhides the browser section.

Return to “Tracktion”