Cubase 7 instrument track

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

^^ Hmm... teach me, i'm not sure i understand. A kind of workaround with the Vst Connections from the "devices" menu ?

budweiser wrote:Hmm... teach me, i'm not sure i understand. A kind of workaround with the Vst Connections from the "devices" menu ?
Yes. You can route instruments to vst connections. So add an audio track and set the input as the vst connection.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote: Yes. You can route instruments to vst connections. So add an audio track and set the input as the vst connection.
Oh, i understand. I think i'll be lazy and wait for cubase 8 to fix that ! :hihi:
I'm pretty sure we'll have a new dockable arranger view, a new freeze and a red button on instrument tracks... :D

budweiser wrote:I'm pretty sure we'll have a new dockable arranger view... :D
It should be a very entertaining day when or if that happens. :hihi:

All (or most) of the guys on the Cubase forum who argued almost non-stop about how the current MDI windowing is fine and how they literally hate unified interfaces and docking will do a rather quick about face and proclaim it as the new model for sliced bread.

Bet on it. :lol:

budweiser wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote: Yes. You can route instruments to vst connections. So add an audio track and set the input as the vst connection.
Oh, i understand. I think i'll be lazy and wait for cubase 8 to fix that ! :hihi:
I'm pretty sure we'll have a new dockable arranger view, a new freeze and a red button on instrument tracks... :D
Your kinda being REALLY lazy :hihi: Once you setup the connection it stays. I have a folder with a mono and stereo track in it as part of every template. Guess what is ALWAYS routed to them? So, if I ever want to catch anything really, I just set the out to the VST buss, either stereo or mono, monitor and arm the track in the folder. I use it all the time.

With Cubase 7.5 there are actually three different ways to activate additional outputs for any multitimbral instrument that is in the instrument rack:

1. check output assignment in the inspector of the instrument
2. in the instrument rack every instrument has a little instrument output button (to the right side of the window)
3. right click on the VST instrument in the rack and chose the option activate output.

The third option isnt very handy because as soon as you choose an output the window vanishes. Hence for adding multiple outputs you need tomreopen this window. With options 1 and 2 the window stays open and you can add all needed outputs in one window. The added outputs then of course will appear in the mixing console.

LawrenceF wrote:
budweiser wrote:I'm pretty sure we'll have a new dockable arranger view... :D
It should be a very entertaining day when or if that happens. :hihi:

All (or most) of the guys on the Cubase forum who argued almost non-stop about how the current MDI windowing is fine and how they literally hate unified interfaces and docking will do a rather quick about face and proclaim it as the new model for sliced bread.

Bet on it. :lol:
lol, no one argued the existing MDI is fine. However, many argued ... me amongst them .. that the docking paradigm in programs like Reaper and Sonar is not a step forward. And somehow that got twisted into to proclamations that we were saying we were anti-docking. It's like republicans arguing with democrats. Both sides accusing the other of saying things that neither actually said.

SJ_Digriz wrote:And somehow that got twisted into to proclamations that we were saying we were anti-docking.
:lol: No, some (not all, nothing is ever all) literally said exactly that, equated docking with Garageband and similar and kept implying that those apps that dock are "single window interfaces" where they implied nothing floats, and argued that, repeatedly, even though those apps don't work that way. They argued they don't like being forced to work in a single window, as if any pro level apps actually forces anyone to do that.

Really, not kidding. :lol: I can quote some of that but I'd rather not go digging around in the Cubase forum for those recurring straw man arguments. I seriously doubt if it was - you - doing that, so it doesn't apply to you.

You can probably already see the way Cubase might go by looking at Sequel, the docking there, but of course all of those windows would be detachable in Cubase, they're permanently docked in Sequel. I mean, there's only one or two good ways to dock something like MediaBay so they'll be likely doing the exact same thing that almost everyone else but them is already doing.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”