Let’s Beat Cancer – 4 free dlM VST if donations reach £1000 – Slix, Erratic2, loophole & Impakter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
erratic Impakter loophole slix

Hello! This post is to announce something I’m doing to try and raise £1000 for Cancer Research UK, a deserving charity that funds scientists, doctors and nurses to help beat cancer sooner.

If I can raise £1000, then I will release 4 plugins for free, for everyone. The plugins are;
  • Slix – randomising loop slicer
    Erratic 2 – drum sample player
    loophole – midi loop player
    Impakter – vintage drum module
These are all 32 bit Windows VST, previously only available to buy and currently unavailable.

You can help to reach this goal by donating via my JustGiving pagehttps://www.justgiving.com/de-la-mancha/

The great thing about using JustGiving is that your donation goes directly to Cancer Research UK, so you can be certain that all funds will put to good use. I don’t see, handle or earn any money from this.

Some info on the plugins can be found here - http://wp.me/p40U26-4W

*** UPDATE 28 Sep 2014 ***

Thank you to the 44 wonderful people who have donated so far! You have helped me to raise over £500 (against a target of £1000) for Cancer Research UK, a deserving charity that funds scientists, doctors and nurses to help beat cancer sooner.

As we made it to the half way mark, I am releasing 2 of the 4 plugins for free, for everyone.

loophole – midi loop player – download here (84 MB)
Impakter – vintage drum module – download here (15 MB)

These are both 32 bit Windows VST, previously only available to buy. More info on these plugins is here

If more generous people donate enough to reach £1000, then I will release the other two
Slix – randomising loop slicer
Erratic 2 – drum sample player

If you didn’t already donate but wish to do so, you can still help to beat cancer by donating via my JustGiving page – https://www.justgiving.com/de-la-mancha/

The great thing about using JustGiving is that your donation goes directly to Cancer Research UK, so you can be certain that all funds will put to good use. I don’t see, handle or earn any money from this.

Please, please, please, please, please, consider any small donation you can make, it will go directly to Cancer Research UK who fund scientists, doctors and nurses to help beat cancer sooner. They receive no government funding and rely on donations.

If you have ever used and liked any of my free plugins in the past, please consider my request for this small gesture to a cause I believe in and brings hope to humanity of beating this disease one day.

Many thousands of people have downloaded and used my freeware, I simply ask that a small percentage of the good-hearted and community-spirited amongst you support my cause in return. Thank you.
Last edited by de la Mancha on Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4 great plugins for a good cause !

I got an e-mail 2 weeks ago when I was in Germany from my sister telling me a routine scan showed my dad has stage 2 lung cancer. I was on a plane back to London within 24hrs.He paid in to the Marie Curie fund for years whilst he worked and ended up getting this NASTY disease. This tears family's apart, it's the waiting, the treatments and so on and it makes you angry (well me anyways) cause this thing comes on so fast. Anyways I wish you the best of luck with this.

All the best

Rob

:tu: Thanks sink for all your support in making some of these plugins and most of the loops and samples that go in them too!

Rob, really, truly sorry to hear your bad news and I know exactly what you mean about the waiting and the treatment. I sincerely wish the best of luck to your Dad in fighting cancer and stay positive for him.

Thanks a lot for that mate.

I'm using a mac and mostly hardware synths now but i'll stick £100 your way on the 1st August toward this.
I'll send it via paypal and maybe you could donate those 4 synths to the "One Synth Challenge" here on KVR if possible cause there's always good talent there.

Best

Rob

@ rob_lee

Good luck for you father! Did you at least enjoy the time in Germany? - We even have British weather here nowadays... :wink:

------------------

Nice idea, delamancha, I'll see if I find some bucks to donate...because I'm extremely poor at the moment and I don't even have enough for food.

My mother died because of stomach cancer (with only 35 years), my grandmother (who was chain smoker) because of colon cancer (with 57) and my uncle who was a painter died because of lung cancer (with 69) - he was also a chain smoker for nearly 50 years!

I'll say it again - even if some smokers here will reject it - by stopping smoking we can reduce cancer, especially lung cancer, to a great amount!

Yes Tricky I liked it. Was very very hot when I was there. I'll be going back for a few weeks in September after he's had some treatments. I must admit the care has been top notch. This is a great appeal so I hope people will donate to this one.

PS
My dad smoked a pipe but inhaled it.. he then smoked most of mine but i stopped smoking a while ago. Beer was always my favourite anyways pffft Lung Cancer sucks mate as does any other type. It puts all things on hold. Sorry about your mother Tricky.

Rob

rob_lee wrote:Beer was always my favourite anyways
Be careful, Rob, it's KVR, after all! :o

If I praised our pure Bavarian beer here, some chain smokers will appear to claim how dangerous alcohol were and how harmless tobacco... :nutter:

Nevertheless, drinking a beer (in reasonable amounts) in a nice beer garden or at home can be very relaxing, and as there is no passive drinking like passive smoking, no other people are involved/harmed!

de la Mancha wrote::tu: Thanks sink for all your support in making some of these plugins and most of the loops and samples that go in them too!
Thank you for creating these wonderful plugins !

thanks everyone for their efforts with this.

bump for a good cause!

A big thanks to the 22 generous and wonderful people who have donated so far

Latest info is;
  • £246 raised
    25% of the target to raise £1000
    22 donations
A reminder that the money goes directly to Cancer Research UK and helps fund research that has a worldwide impact.

Please spread the word to whatever audio forums and blogs you participate in or run. I only need another 80 people to donate £10 each and the plugins get released.
£10 = €12.64 = $16.93 (US) = $18.08 (AUS) = $18.41 (CAN)
You don't need to donate £10 however, anything you can afford is appreciated

Here is a little more info for context. In the 10 months since I made all plugins on my site free, there have been;
  • 465,019 visitors
    181,281 downloads of VST
    360 clicks on the 'donate to Cancer Research UK' link
I give my plugins for free without condition, only a suggestion to donate, so I'm not complaining, everyone has the right to download and not donate. But with an average of 18k downloads per month, I'm hopeful that more than 22 people would donate a small amount to get another 4 plugins released.

Edit:
Forgot to mention that even if you are on a mac or have windows 32bit issues, you might still find the included 1800 drum samples and 466 loops useful - or maybe you just feel like supporting a worthy cause :D

:pray:

My wife has been fighting this for 5 years now...some drugs she has taken recently have been available for less than a year. Research is vital and makes a difference. Thanks for doing this - just donated some, and hope you make the target.

I might not be able offer money, but you'll definitely have my support.

I just posted this on twitter:
4 plugins for a good cause. Developer de la Mancha tries to raise fund to fight cancer. http://is.gd/3rAjwb #fightcancer #fuckcancer
These two hashtags are read a lot, which is why I used them. Maybe this will help you kick cancer where it really hurts!
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

some data

from http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/cancer- ... statistics

There were 159,178 deaths from cancer in the UK in 2011.
169.9 people per 100,000 of the population died from cancer in the UK in 2011 (European age-standardised incidence rate).
Cancers of the lung, bowel, breast and prostate account for almost half (47%) of all cancer deaths in the UK in 2011

from http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/cancer- ... statistics

50% of adult cancer patients diagnosed in 2010-2011 in England and Wales are predicted to survive 10 or more years.
46% of men and 54% of women cancer patients diagnosed in 2010-2011 in England and Wales are predicted to survive 10 or more years.
Cancer survival rates in the UK have doubled in the last 40 years.

Research is working

Return to “Instruments”