ACE 1.3 released!

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ACE (Any Cable Everywhere)

I'm also just around the corner for per voice expression / multi-MIDI-channel support
:tu: :clap:

Unless I am mistaken something, I found a bug in Ace 1.3 windows x64 (and probably the other U-HE plug-ins).

When I resize the UI window via the drop down menu with the plug-in, to say, "1536 x 864" should not effEditGetRect return a rect 1536 x 864? It is still returning 1024 x 575.

Hi Since using v1.3 I'm getting loud clicks at the start of notes, in mono and legato mode, if the old note is still playing.

as if there is a some sort of pulse when the oscillator is starting the new note, but it's after the filter stage as the filter has no effect on it. The attack and release setting also do very little to affect it.

I've rolled back to a past version and it doesn't do it with that one.

I get the same in both Reaper and Ableton

anyone else getting this?

its very noticeable when playing a fast arpeggio

gillianyeah wrote:Hi Since using v1.3 I'm getting loud clicks at the start of notes, in mono and legato mode, if the old note is still playing.

as if there is a some sort of pulse when the oscillator is starting the new note, but it's after the filter stage as the filter has no effect on it. The attack and release setting also do very little to affect it.

I've rolled back to a past version and it doesn't do it with that one.

I get the same in both Reaper and Ableton

anyone else getting this?

its very noticeable when playing a fast arpeggio
We're working feverishly on an update.

For now, try switching "singing envelopes" on.

New public builds can happen any day!

Hi Urs, thanks for the quick reply, I hadn't actually noticed those new options. Singing envelopes didn't help, but changing the filter reset from None to Full has fixed it.

Is there some way to set that as the default for all the patches?

gillianyeah wrote:Hi Urs, thanks for the quick reply, I hadn't actually noticed those new options. Singing envelopes didn't help, but changing the filter reset from None to Full has fixed it.

Is there some way to set that as the default for all the patches?
You can right-click and lock it, and then it doesn't change while you browse presets.

That's great, thanks loads for your help

Here is a build (rev2566) for all users having trouble with crashes when switching presets:
ACE 1.3 rev2566 Win
ACE 1.3 rev2566 Mac

This build contains many other important fixes but has not been thoroughly tested yet.
You should hopefully -not- run into any severe issues.

We're working hard on releasing an official update.

Please report any issues you encounter with this version.

Cheers,
Michael
u-he team

ooh, this has voice per channel enabled... unlimited fun for the weekend :)

Thiswas produced using ACE rev2566 Winx64. I used one of the new 1.3 patches: 'HS Tyne and Wear' with the only modification being a change of the pb up and down both to 5.

The MP3 is a loop whereby the same exact MIDI is played 3 times. Notice how the bend sounds like it has vibrato on it on the 2nd iteration and the third iteration sounds the way, I think, it should.

If I keep the loop going it will randomly add the vibrato on the bend about 50% of the time. If you need a MIDI file let me know.

@Jeremy: Yes, we noticed a MIDI-control problem in that revision (IIRC). Fixed.

SaganTech wrote:Thiswas produced using ACE rev2566 Winx64. I used one of the new 1.3 patches: 'HS Tyne and Wear' with the only modification being a change of the pb up and down both to 5.

The MP3 is a loop whereby the same exact MIDI is played 3 times. Notice how the bend sounds like it has vibrato on it on the 2nd iteration and the third iteration sounds the way, I think, it should.

If I keep the loop going it will randomly add the vibrato on the bend about 50% of the time. If you need a MIDI file let me know.
Hey SaganTech,
you are right, there is a little flutter left in 2566. I filed a new bug. Many thanks!
Cheers,
Michael

Why is Ace priced in Euro on the website, everything else is in dollars ?
Also no VAT info? A bit confusing.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

woodsdenis wrote:Why is Ace priced in Euro on the website, everything else is in dollars ?
Also no VAT info? A bit confusing.
VAT will be added according to your country.
i wondered myself why it is priced in $$$.

Is ACE going to get a nice smooth retina update too?

Return to “u-he”