SquaredHeads Nora 1.4 - Phrase Arpeggiator + Harmonizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nora

squaredheads wrote:Yes, it is.
thank you
The installer is a bit confusing. I was trying to check the 64 bit box, but it is greyed out.
Then I finally found the drop-down choice box. Other installers just let you choose the boxes you want by clicking directly inside them. Also, when checking Both 32 and 64 bit versions, the installer should ask which two folders (locations) for installing each of them, rather than just one folder location.

squaredheads wrote:Thanks, and more is comming :)

btw, in few days I'll create an important public poll/discussion for Nora development. I'll email all of you.

Thank for such a great plug...
Can we have a peek of what to expect in the future of Nora..
All I am missing is, patterns, drag and drop midi (to host), and groove quantized.. Well, and maybe a way to import a midi pattern that I can manipulate.. And some type of Randomizer could be nice too..

Peace..

Rajah wrote:
squaredheads wrote:Thanks, and more is comming :)

btw, in few days I'll create an important public poll/discussion for Nora development. I'll email all of you.

Thank for such a great plug...
All I am missing is, patterns, drag and drop midi (to host), and groove quantized.. Well, and maybe a way to import a midi pattern that I can manipulate in Nora.. And some type of Randomizer could be nice too..

Peace..

The comment text on your videos on your website is really hard to read, can you change it to something clearer?
I still don't know how Nora compares to BlueArp, can somebody who owns Nora tell me? What does BlueArp do that Nora doesn't, and vice versa?

basslinemaster wrote:The comment text on your videos on your website is really hard to read, can you change it to something clearer?
I still don't know how Nora compares to BlueArp, can somebody who owns Nora tell me? What does BlueArp do that Nora doesn't, and vice versa?

There is a demo of Nora on the site..

So nobody knows how Nora compares to Blue Arp then? It's too difficult to explain in a few sentences?

Musical Gym wrote:The installer is a bit confusing. I was trying to check the 64 bit box, but it is greyed out. Then I finally found the drop-down choice box. Other installers just let you choose the boxes you want by clicking directly inside them. Also, when checking Both 32 and 64 bit versions, the installer should ask which two folders (locations) for installing each of them, rather than just one folder location.
I understand you. We did it in that way because Nora.dll uses external files like presets and in the next version an ini file, and we wanted x86 and x64 versions share it. It would be very bad if you save a preset in x86 version and you don't have it avaliable in x64 or viceversa. We thought into place Nora data in the User Documents folder, but if someone wanted to run Nora from a USB drive or similar would have problems.

As a temporary solution, you can manually copy Nora_xXX.dll, .key, manual and folders with presets to the desired folder.

So this is the plan for the close future: allow to the user decide where are the presets from Nora interface. That will allow create a better installer. However, continue reading below:
Rajah wrote:Thank for such a great plug...
All I am missing is, patterns, drag and drop midi (to host), and groove quantized.. Well, and maybe a way to import a midi pattern that I can manipulate.. And some type of Randomizer could be nice too..
I'm currently working on patterns. The future of Nora is: a new version soon with a little "candy", then a major release with patterns selector. Then I will divide my efforts into create some user requests, like preset name visible/editables in their editors, randomizer, humanizer, quantizer, finishing OSX version, etc. Everything should be done before end of this year.

basslinemaster wrote:So nobody knows how Nora compares to Blue Arp then? It's too difficult to explain in a few sentences?
As I told you in the past, I'm not the best person to compare, because I created Nora to fill my needs to make music. And, I never used Blue Arp. All I can advice you is open a new thread asking for that, maybe someone that uses both can help you :)

Thanks for clarification about installer. I know you're working hard on improvements, much appreciated.

basslinemaster wrote:So nobody knows how Nora compares to Blue Arp then? It's too difficult to explain in a few sentences?
Nora gives you complete control over the arpeggiator pattern (note lengths, overlapping notes/chords, velocities, spaces between notes etc etc). It can (probably) do everything Blue Arp can, but it might take more time to set it up. Download the demo!

Thanks, Firepile. I did download the demo but I'm new to arps and I thought maybe somebody with more experience could help me, many thanks.

firepile wrote:
Nora gives you complete control over the arpeggiator pattern (note lengths, overlapping notes/chords, velocities, spaces between notes etc etc). It can (probably) do everything Blue Arp can, but it might take more time to set it up. Download the demo!
basslinemaster wrote:Thanks, Firepile. I did download the demo but I'm new to arps and I thought maybe somebody with more experience could help me, many thanks.
I've been using both NORA and BlueARP and agree with Firepile. I'll also add that NORA is polyphonic whereas BlueARP is monophonic. BlueARP is great for real time performance and tweaking and NORA is better for pre planned arpeggios and patterns. Having said that, I use both during live improvisations (often linked to my hardware analog sequencers). Their individual characteristics make both worth having.

Thanks for your reply too, AusDisciple, I will find some time to play around with the Nora demo some more, alongside BlueArp, to give me a better idea of what it can do.

Hello there,
i want to share my final suggestions once again in one post.
this two still most important to my humble opinion:

1__"Multi Arpeggiator " with midi out channel selector for each.
so one (chord) input and multiple sequence output
this would be fantastic to create, save and load complex multichannel sequences in one instance!
push the chords and listen the (almost ready) backtrack(s) instantly!

2__ CC parameter edit+save with phrases...
especially
cc1 modulation ,
cc7vol,
cc11 Expression....
cc2 and cc21 (some of the orchestral patches uses this two for the Vibrato control),
but!
if user can define the CC s , would much more flexible/useful.
for example 6 cc parameter slots, ready to define cc numbers by the user.

and bonus :)
2x, 4x fast ... 1/2, 1/4 slow as an Arpeggiator function.

Honestly i would gladly pay even double if you even decide to release as separate product!
fingers crossed for the "Nora Multi" . :pray: :D

Warm Regards
Nevzat.

I'm not sure if I will have the time to implement some of these before Nora 2.0. Maybe the easiest one should be your speed change request. I cannot promise nothing, but they're on my to do list :)

Return to “Instruments”