Ample Sound releases "Ample Bass P" Electric Bass

Official support for: amplesound.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ample Sound has announced the release of Ample Bass P (ABP), a new electric bass instrument based on samples of a Fender Precision Bass.
Ample Sound is dedicated to reproducing the exact sound of classic instruments in virtual instrument software with accuracy and pristine clarity.
ABP has a 3.6 GB sample library which is naturally recorded on every single fret. No destructive editing and dynamic processing are applied (which leaves more room for users' modification).
Ample Bass features 14 bass articulations: Sustain, Palm Mute, Natural Harmonic, Hammer On & Pull Off, Legato Slide, Slide in & out, Pop, Slap, Tap, Accentuated, Staccato and Dead Note. The Legato articulations can be used to achieve legato notes of any duration, pitch and polyphony.

Features:
  • Redesigned Tab Player for bass tab. All articulations and notations are supported by the tab player. Realistic Tab playback can be achieved through fine parameter adjustments and humanizations.
  • Auto Buzz System. Buzz noises can make bass performance more expressive and realistic. Ample Bass buzz system enables users to arbitrarily control of start position, duration and amplitude of a buzz. Alternatively, Ample Bass could also randomize the whole buzz sound process.
  • Groovy Single-Note Bassline. Repetitive one-note basslines are a common technique in bass performance, particularly in the rock genre. Ample Bass contains a unique method of delivering one-note bass lines, One-note loops have been recorded for every fret with a groovy, tasty feel and lossless quality as the tempo is changed. No more bland and robotic 'machine gun effect'.
  • Slap & Sustain in one MIDI Track. Using keyswitches, users can switch between Sustain (normal group) and Slap and Pop on the fly. Ample Bass also provides a "combined keyswitches" feature, which allows users to play both Slap and Pop articulations on specific strings. For example, you could assign the Slap articulation to the G and D strings, and the Pop articulation to the A and E strings.
  • Alternate Tuning. Ample Bass supports alternate tunings to the lowest note of a 5-string bass.
  • Carefully designed left hand techniques and sample groups.
  • Legato with variable duration, pitch and polyphony.
Price and Discount
ABP is priced at $119. An introductory price of $99 is available until September 4th, 2014. For existing users, please log into your MyAmpleSound account to check for eligible discounts.
All demos are available for download as projects for different DAWs (e.g. Cubase, Logic, Pro Tools, Live, Guitar pro, etc.).
ABP is available for 32- and 64-bit Windows and Mac OS X in VST, AU, RTAS and AAX plug-in formats.

Demos
Billie Jean
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQmuWgNtH8w

Casablanca
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ul7CCJkeTQ

Yesterday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V85WaOfIi5c

Em Slapping
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrKrlkCRLNA

Demo Songs
https://soundcloud.com/ample-sound/sets/abp

Sounds great. Glad you finally did a bass. Will you be adding a pattern sequencer to it similar to the guitars, or is it already there?
Last edited by Musical Gym on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi, a strum sequencer would be useless for bass. We will consider to add a sequencer for bass in the future, which would be a lot different from guitar.

The discount is based on full price but it's still cheaper than the introduction price, which will resume to $119 after September.

Like ample guitar, you can download (http://www.amplesound.net/en/download.asp) and try for 7 days before decide to buy.

Thanks, yes, I meant bass pattern sequencer, not strum.>>"Will you be adding a pattern sequencer.."<<
Last edited by Musical Gym on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

I've been playing with the demo, and it sounds phenomenal with AmpliTube.

Was disappointed as well though that there isn't a sequencer. You've raised the bar in audio quality. I'd love to see you raise the bar on the guitar and bass sequencers as well. The Halion Sonic flexphraser does a pretty good job of semi-realism since it includes CCs and keyswitches in it's phraser, though the phrases sadly aren't customizable. Spectrasonics Trillian has a super easy to use sequencer, but doesn't have the same level of realism as the flexphraser. There haven't been any advances in this department in a long time. Not bass, but Sugar Bytes Guitarist has a fairly advanced sequencer (though horrible sound quality), but since there was no way to drag the sequences into your DAW the whole thing remains a novelty.

Cheers and grats on the new release.

I think I've mentioned it before, but if you guys implement refined sequencers who's riffs/phrases are easy to modify and drag into the DAW I would be more than happy to shell out $20 a pop for packs of high quality riffs, e.g., a funk pack, country pack, alt rock, pop rock, etc. They just need to be a step up in realism from the current offerings; more on par with XLN Audio's Addictive Drums.

Thanks for your suggestion, in fact we do have a plan for a super seq, and we believe that we can do it since we have had one for guitars.

Greg Houston wrote:Not bass, but Sugar Bytes Guitarist has a fairly advanced sequencer (though horrible sound quality), but since there was no way to drag the sequences into your DAW the whole thing remains a novelty.
I agree with how SB Guitarist sounds, but I was sure it has drag/drop to host. That was one point that had me considering getting it awhile back.

"Patterns can be dragged and dropped into MIDI sequencer tracks..."

Ample Sound wrote:Thanks for your suggestion, in fact we do have a plan for a super seq, and we believe that we can do it since we have had one for guitars.
Super!!

Musical Gym wrote:I agree with how SB Guitarist sounds, but I was sure it has drag/drop to host. That was one point that had me considering getting it awhile back.

"Patterns can be dragged and dropped into MIDI sequencer tracks..."
I don't want to derail this thread, but the reviewers were either confused or didn't say what they meant. In SB Guitarist you can trigger patterns from the DAW, but an actual pattern itself cannot be dragged to the DAW where it can be slightly modified each measure such as can be done with MusicLab's RealGuitarist.

For the developers regarding UI possibilities, something to check out might be the micro edit functionality in BreakTweaker. BreakTweaker has your basic sequencer UI almost identical to that found in Trillian and Thesys. The problem with Trillian is the lack of functionality. The problem with Thesys is that a UI that big might not integrate all that easily into a bass or guitar VI. Breaktweaker takes a middle path and packs their added functionality into the micro edit pane. So each note/chord/effect placed in the sequencer has other parameters other than velocity and length that can be found in the micro edit pane. So for bass and guitar more advanced note expression functionality could go here in order to create patterns that sound more realistic. For notes you could add expressions like bends, slap, tap, slides, etc here. For chords you can add things like strum time, inversions, and what strings are strummed (2-4 for instance). Little things like note bends can make arpeggios sound much more natural. Throw in a harmonic and other expressions here and there and you start to get the idea. As for chords, the steady strum times that don't actually adjust with the groove is one of those things that makes sequencers sound so fake, particularly with slower, more dynamic patterns. The little touches add up to make a more realistic sounding bass line, rhythm guitar, arpeggio, etc.

Will you be adding a Pick option on ABP in addition to Finger?

Is the Finger button/icon there for any reason other than letting users know it is solely a finger technique sounding bass?

Yes, it's a slot for extended library.

thanks, future update w/ ext. lib.?

Just a random suggestion. No idea if it would interest others, but often I don't need anything too fancy with my bass line and would love a simple "Kick Follow Mode". In this mode you would create notes on the piano roll that span the length of time that note would be appropriate just like when using the strum sequencer on the guitar, only in this case that note is only played when input is received from the kick sidechain.

For example, I'm starting to compose a song, beginning with a chord progression, E B C#m A. Let's say each chord lasts one measure. So on my bass piano roll I create an E note in the first measure that lasts the entire measure, a B note on the next measure and so forth. Now as I try out different drum patterns Ample Bass plays along in perfect sync with the kick drum regardless of what I do. I would love this feature.

Cheers!

Greg Houston wrote:Just a random suggestion. No idea if it would interest others, but often I don't need anything too fancy with my bass line and would love a simple "Kick Follow Mode". In this mode you would create notes on the piano roll that span the length of time that note would be appropriate just like when using the strum sequencer on the guitar, only in this case that note is only played when input is received from the kick sidechain.

For example, I'm starting to compose a song, beginning with a chord progression, E B C#m A. Let's say each chord lasts one measure. So on my bass piano roll I create an E note in the first measure that lasts the entire measure, a B note on the next measure and so forth. Now as I try out different drum patterns Ample Bass plays along in perfect sync with the kick drum regardless of what I do. I would love this feature.

Cheers!
Ample Bass plays just the root at varying intervals simultaneously with kick's note on events?

Would it make sense to have an option to select additional pieces of the kit to follow?

For example, follow hi-hat as secondary.
Beats Drop-down choices: 1 and 3, 2 and 4, etc;
Alternate note(s) Drop-down choices: 2nd and 5th, 4th, 5th, 4th and 5th, etc;
Frequency Drop-down choices: Every measure, Every Other Measure, etc.

That may be going a bit over-board, though. Look forward to hearing what the devs think about your original idea. Sounds like it might be fairly easy to implement.

I would like the option to include additional notes in all measures affected by the automated kick notes.

Return to “Ample Sound”