Would you buy ST3 for 239 Euros?

Yes
13%
No
88%

Total votes: 56

RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, having read the numerous posts reporting problems of one sort or another, and very, very few posts praising ST3 in general, I thought about the fact that from now on, most people are going to be looking at paying 239 Euros for ST3, if they aren't doing an upgrade or crossgrade. That's a lot of money, for a product that hasn't received very many 'Wow, this is amazing and I'm so glad I bought it' posts, even when those people were paying a much lower price. So would you buy it now for 239 Euros?

I voted "no" but it wasn't because of quality.
The passage of time waiting for v. 3 has forced me to augment my plugin arsenal with some pretty cool tools that plugged up all the holes in my "needed sounds" category.

ST3 is, at this point to me, just another sound library. I've got a few of these already, and some are pretty great.

Is it worth the asking price? Yes. But not to me. Thanks to the Sweetwater sale, I paid a bit less than the upgrade fee, and that's OK by me.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

You forgot the Taxes which are 21% @ IKM. :lol:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

We don't control any government (darn it!) or taxation and charge what we have to which is why we also sell our product through dealers and distributors. We charge what we have to legally, and don't like it as much as you don't like it.

Of course, this poll should link to where one can buy SampleTank 3 if interested, or at the least get the appropriate amount of information with which one can make an informed decision: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/sampletank3

(p.s. thanks for the traffic and interest)

I love polls! And girls on poles! And Polish polka! Polls polls polls!!!!!!
You need to limit that rez, bro.

kbaccki wrote:I love polls! And girls on poles! And Polish polka! Polls polls polls!!!!!!
Polls are quite useful. By design they are supposed to represent what consumers want in the products they buy.

Unfortunately, complainers (or those that vote negatively), are often looked upon with disdain, beings that are unyielding, belligerent, unsavory creatures that just can't get along with the rest of the populace.

Sometimes, this may be true, but mostly people are just trying to tell companies "Here, TAKE my money....just GIVE ME what I want and need in the products you make."

If only the messages would penetrate. :shrug:

Happy Musiking!
dsan

Oh, forgot why I quoted you.....I do too kbaccki :hihi:
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Nope cause what would I do with two copies?

Seeing as Komplete 9 is only £319, and STank 3 is £239, would anybody recommend STank 3 over Komplete 9? (Obviously it costs a third more, but in my opinion you get a hell of a lot more in Komplete 9 than in STank 3).

update for 99 Dollar was ok , just wanted to use Miroslav in 64 bit (but in general complettly dissapointed about ST3)

i voted no , because i would never buy this for the full price !

for this money you could decide to buy Halion Sonic 2 or MachFive 3 Crossgrade !

I voted no, but only for that full price...I wouldn't mind the ugprade price, I have ST2xl already

I like Sampletank 3. My advice is if you disliked Sampletank 2 then its a good chance you won't be happy with Sampletank 3. Its very much so an upgrade to Sampletank 2, as opposed to say a Kontakt killer that a lot of people were looking for. Although, I haven't touched Kontakt once since getting Sampletank 3.

KevWestBeats wrote:I like Sampletank 3. My advice is if you disliked Sampletank 2 then its a good chance you won't be happy with Sampletank 3. Its very much so an upgrade to Sampletank 2, as opposed to say a Kontakt killer that a lot of people were looking for. Although, I haven't touched Kontakt once since getting Sampletank 3.
in one of your videos or producers videos... you stated that you were expecting ST 3 to be a "kontakt killer"... remember?

:tu:

Return to “Instruments”