IK Multimedia SampleTank 3.0 warning - it's 64-bit only

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mysticvibes wrote:Another way to handle something like this instead of defending in multiple posts is simply suggest he get a refund. At times it kinda sounded like you were saying 'outta luck' or nothing I can do for you, with such lengthy 'we did nothing wrong' arguments. Just saying :neutral:
I've stated that I've relayed the concern about how it is stated on our site multiple times now. I'm not defending, I pointed out what is there (multiple times) and again that I've relayed the concerns because some people did not find it clear enough. If there is a change, that's great. It is not my decision, and it has been relayed. If OP wanted something that I was not offering, there are more direct methods of communication available on our web site.

fese wrote:
WOK wrote: 
Always when I publish a Synthedit plugin someone will complain on the first page "What, no 64bit? I'm out."....   :roll:

Yeah, as a software publisher on KVR, everything you do is wrong :hihi: (except maybe when your company name starts with "u" and ends with "-he" :D)
- "it's free"
"mmh, just another plain vanilla xy plugin..."

- "it's 49$"
"that's way too much for this kind of plugin...."

- "made with Synthedit"
"Ugh, just another crappy....."
"what, no 32 / 64 / Mac / Linux Version"?

- "it's a pay what you want donation release"
"so it's not actual freeware...."

- "all payments go to charity"
"is there actually a proof for that?"

- "there is a demo version"
"I can't test something if there is a noise burst every 2 minutes"

- "a new synthesis...."
"only 512 presets??"

- "it's free to download from my Facebook page"
"I hate Facebook and will never join there even for the greatest plugin in the world"

- "after 2 years of development I release this 4GB sample library as freeware"
"your server is so damn slow, it takes me ages to download it. Can you imagine my provider fees?"

:lol:
ImageImage

@ WOK, that is hilarious :lol:, especially the last one :D
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

dsan@mail.com wrote:I own Live and can only run plug-ins designed for the version I run.

If x32 then I must use x32 plugs.

If x64 then I must run x64 plugs or use a bridge, like j-bridge, to be able to use x32 plugs in the x64 host.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
That's the way I thought it worked, (and I was right) but some people on here are making it more confusing.

Welcome to my world, Examigan. I live in the state of Confusion. Right next to the state you live in :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

64-bit only. This is just the stupidest move I've ever heard of. That'll really make a dent in the ROMpler market... :dog:

Was just reading about the AIR native synths, which apparently 64-bit only as well? So IK has some ... uh ... competition in the "64-bit only" market.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Pro Tools 10.3.10 is a 32bit host app, and WILL NOT work with 64 bit plugins like Superior Drummer 3. Steven Slates Drum sampler has both 32bit, and 64 bit versions, and works with Pro Tools 10..

it's not the developers' fault that you use ancient DAWs and OS's. at some point you have to move on with the times. as a software developer i sure hope that 32-bit software will die a painful death as quickly as possible. it's a bitch to program anything serious for a 32-bit target.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

foxwoodmastering wrote:Pro Tools 10.3.10 is a 32bit host app, and WILL NOT work with 64 bit plugins like Superior Drummer 3. Steven Slates Drum sampler has both 32bit, and 64 bit versions, and works with Pro Tools 10..
Sounds like you've narrowed down your choices. Problem solved. Get Slate Drums.

BTW, thanks for necro-ing a four-year-old thread that wasn't about Superior Drummer in the first place.

WOK wrote:
fese wrote:
WOK wrote: 
Always when I publish a Synthedit plugin someone will complain on the first page "What, no 64bit? I'm out."....   :roll:

Yeah, as a software publisher on KVR, everything you do is wrong :hihi: (except maybe when your company name starts with "u" and ends with "-he" :D)
- "it's free"
"mmh, just another plain vanilla xy plugin..."

- "it's 49$"
"that's way too much for this kind of plugin...."

- "made with Synthedit"
"Ugh, just another crappy....."
"what, no 32 / 64 / Mac / Linux Version"?

- "it's a pay what you want donation release"
"so it's not actual freeware...."

- "all payments go to charity"
"is there actually a proof for that?"

- "there is a demo version"
"I can't test something if there is a noise burst every 2 minutes"

- "a new synthesis...."
"only 512 presets??"

- "it's free to download from my Facebook page"
"I hate Facebook and will never join there even for the greatest plugin in the world"

- "after 2 years of development I release this 4GB sample library as freeware"
"your server is so damn slow, it takes me ages to download it. Can you imagine my provider fees?"

:tu: reminded me of my very ancient 'official KVR plugin assessment form'.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Well 4 years down the road from the OP...

It's a 64-bit world now. :tu:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

20 years down the road from the existence of 64-bit home processors... :)

But, hey, won't complain. At least now people seem to have almost entirely adapted.

Return to “Instruments”