the future of synthesis

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

remembered another fascinating anecdote relating to my thesis..

i developed ourdoorverb after listening to a rifle volley north of marana, the earth is like a giant pinball table for sound there, rock cliffs and pokey hills on a flat plain. so i see the threads.. maybe every two or three months someone asks for a reverb for outdoor spaces.

....another place... wash, desert.. say 50' packed earth and rock walls with creosote and mesquite scrub, convoluted foothills with a maze of sandy washes. birds are chirping in the next wash over, and the wash on the other side.. there's plenty of reverb, and it's all open to the sky, so it's loud and airy sounding..

if one wanted to emulate this for a composition, instead of despairing for the lack of a quality outdoor reverb product, the task could be divided into workable portions if we do not expect to be catered for by the marketplace. the ideal of "outdoor spaces reverb" is easy to conceive but the pragma must address the diversity (if it isn't as utterly absurd as a generalised solution for indoor reverberations.. what we have is a cultural accustomisation for accepting methodologies as products capable of providing complete satisfaction). connect several rudimentary reverbs in an appropriate arrangement to construct a larger reverberation scape that presents the arbitrary nature of a real instance more effectively than a generalisation.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I still don't quite get the point of this thread, frankly :?
Is it about synthesis, or about reverb, or what?
Are you making heavy use of the new marihuana freedom in the US? :)

i like to f**k with my points.

you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote:if you don't appreciate it you can go off and write some horseshit post about how i'm an attention whore if you like or think such warding will contribute to the greater good.
Never! I stumbled upon a Dancetech video yesterday and followed it to their new forum. There was Kilo and Jock having a conversation about some new song Jock had done. Old times! Actually, I often wonder about you, Sedusa66, and Influx. You seem to be doing the best of the 3 of you, which is sort of ironic.
so if you're still staring at this for meaning after the last paragraph, i'll simplify it again.. don't wait for something else to make a difference. buy xoxos synths today.
Love it! :clap:

sinkmusic wrote:It sounds a bit like the music Angelo Badalamenti's 56k modem should have played at night ;)
Bravo! :clap:

Yes, I enjoyed that, too.

xoxos wrote:the task could be divided into workable portions if we do not expect to be catered for by the marketplace.
Not here in Southern California. The constant and rather loud hum of cars and the city can't be escaped except with indoor soundproofing. Oh well, at least it blocks out my tinnitus.

Nice one rurik.

Dunno why but this reminds me somehow on Money Marks "Mark's Keyboard Repair ". Definitely not the same "sound" but the same mood. :)

And I think people like Jake Slazenger aka µ-Ziq ("Das Ist Ein Groovy Beat Ja"/WARP) would have some fun with it as well.

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Uncle E wrote:
xoxos wrote:the task could be divided into workable portions if we do not expect to be catered for by the marketplace.
Not here in Southern California. The constant and rather loud hum of cars and the city can't be escaped except with indoor soundproofing. Oh well, at least it blocks out my tinnitus.
You might be rid of that problem sooner than you wish. I read that the SW might be at the beginning of a 200-year drought that will basically render the SW uninhabitable. According to tree line analysis such 200-year droughts occur there in big intervals and the current drought might just be the beginning of yet another one.
In that case you better sell your place and buy something in the Midwest as long as prices are low, Detroit maybe :hihi:

Today it says in the news that if the Lake Mead water level drops by just another meter, a set of severe new restriction on water use will kick in.

Uncle E wrote: Old times! Actually, I often wonder about you, Sedusa66, and Influx. You seem to be doing the best of the 3 of you, which is sort of ironic.
..! couple months ago i looked around for influx's music.

i remember everyone commonly aligned to promote awareness of resources and technique. maybe memory..

maybe not :) will find a moment..

xoxos wrote:..! couple months ago i looked around for influx's music.
He spends more time in pool halls watching MMA fights these days. I think he rides a Harley now. Very, very nice guy who I'm extremely fond of but none of us can seem to reach him.

Return to “Instruments”