Calling all color editors....

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Did you have one of the track colour chips selected perhaps?

No, I doublechecked. All Tracktions skins, yours, mine, factory, have this yellow tint in the track area on my machine:
I would really like to get rid of it but haven't found the cause. So when I saw your screenshot without it I was baffled.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

That's definitely the exact colour you get if you have the orangy yellow colour chip selected in the track colours selector - in the properties tab. I just tried it and mine looks the same when it is selected but I have it off by default - just select each track and select the one with the X which is no colour as below:

No, with the colour selected it is getting even more yellow:
All tracks are neutral but Track 5 which is yellow and Track 7 which is red to show the difference.
This is your skin BTW.
It must be something else, but so far I was unable to figure it out.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

Im baffled too then, it looks like like it is per track - obviously there is something more but I can't see what else it could be. It can't be related to colour scheme because that would be in the skin.

After your comments I wondered if something in the prefs could be wrong and searched for them. They are in a folder called Tracktion 4 in AppData/roaming - that made me suspicious (I updated from Tracktion 4) and I deleted the whole folder.
Now that ugly overlay is finally gone (Although Tracktion 5 recreated the "Tracktion 4" Preferences folder).

-> Tracktion 5 seems to keep some old colour settings from version 4 in its preferences that the colour editor doesn't make accessible ... :roll: :dog:

Thanks a lot for nudging me in the right direction! :-) :tu:

Now if only the text in the VST Tab could be made bright instead of dark...

Cheers,

Tom

Glad you got it working

I just made a few minor updates to make it more consistent - same link as before

Go to Settings:Control Surfaces and make sure you don't have a control surface with it's "colour" [ sic ] :wink: turned on.

Hey Rock - that could have been it. Thanks, didn't know that setting.

Cheers,

Tom

Hum strange i can change all the color in tracktion 5 there's only one thing i can't change, it's the text color of property panel who is always white.
T5 team please make something for this :)

Return to “Tracktion”