Spectrasonics: News/updates coming 'for sure' in 2013!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Every time I read "Omnisphere sample import" I have uncontrollable body spasms maybe I should go see a doctor :hihi:. Even if they don't add it I will at least need a few more years to go through the library... but I really hope they do.

I should email them and ask them for drag and drop on the FX racks, sometimes I just want to change the order of an FX chain but I have to write down all the parameters and manually move everything. That's really my only other wish for Omnisphere.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

I wish there were more EDM geared presets for Omnisphere. Hopefully new products/versions expand on this. I do own some of the so called EDM banks, but IMO ~90% of the sounds don't even come close to the "EDM quality" of stock sounds in Sylenth 1, Spire, Nexus ect...

Awwwwww, thought maybe there was some news after being bumped :x :hihi:

I hate it when this thread gets bumped. Damn I did it again.

Maybe 2013 was April Fool's Year? :shrug:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Oh well :shrug:
Maybe next time :D

THIS JUST IN!!!!!!

there is nothing new from spectrasonics

I just happened to look at my Omnisphere file yesterday. It said 'Last updated July 2012'.......

Was very excited to see the thread title - until I realised it was about 2013 :cry:

Since we're all gathered here once again and while we wait...
GMusic wrote:I wish there were more EDM geared presets for Omnisphere. Hopefully new products/versions expand on this. I do own some of the so called EDM banks, but IMO ~90% of the sounds don't even come close to the "EDM quality" of stock sounds in Sylenth 1, Spire, Nexus ect...
For Dubstep and Trap, the new Toxic bank from PluginGuru is in another league from all the other 3rd party libraries I have (including from PluginGuru itself). Still waiting for the killer Trance / Pop bank though cos I agree much of the EDM third party stuff is weak. I have issues with PluginGuru's patch naming conventions, but at their suggestion I used Advanced Renamer (Windows freeware) to successfully get rid of the horrible category prefixes - took about half an hour to sort it all.

Those sorts of things can be an issue with 3rd party stuff, but I'm glad the market has finally opened up, keeps things fresh while Eric P re-invents the musical wheel. As mentioned, Toxic is superb sonically (and the tagging otherwise is solid), and everything that Matt Bowdler touches (The Unfinished) is golden - perfectly named and tagged too.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Still waiting for the killer Trance / Pop bank though cos I agree much of the EDM third party stuff is weak. I have issues with PluginGuru's patch naming conventions, but at their suggestion I used Advanced Renamer (Windows freeware) to successfully get rid of the horrible category prefixes - took about half an hour to sort it all.
Yes and yes! Those are the sounds I'm talking about (Trance, pop, house, progressive house...) And I also am not a fan of the prefixes of some banks. I used a batch renaming program to get rid of those things. To me they are redundant. Omnisphere has a tagging and filtering system built in already... Yes it could use improvement (I think EP said he was reworking the tagging/category system) but I sure hope we don't end up with things like ARP- AMAZING WORLD, BS- SUPER BASS, PAD- COOL ARCTIC BREEZE, BSWBL- DUBBY STEPPY, ect...

delete dupe

Did something happen I'm not aware of?

First rule of Spectrasonics thread: Do not bump Spectrasonics thread with no new updates :cry:
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

+11eleventy.

Return to “Instruments”