IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

MickGael wrote:
Vocalpoint Studios wrote:
MickGael wrote:Stand alone loaded, but crashed when I selected the RME ASIO and Multiface I/O.
Hmm...this is my exact RME interface and I am all good now in Standalone or any other mode.

Wonder what's up with your scenario?

VP
Me too! :pray:
Cubase 6, 7, and 7.52. All 64-bit versions, all crashing.
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

Cubase 6, 7, and 7.52. All 64-bit versions, all crashing.
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

Disregard weird triple post.

Hey KVR users

Here are two videos from my Facebook page: Synth Anatomy about the SampleTank 3 Lead Synth Sounds

Enjoy the videos and like my page for more new sound reviews ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r0LK_vUmEk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-G7-j8slzc

Thanks in advance
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

@ Vocalpoint Studios: what level do you have your RME DSP buffer set to as your default?

The problem I'm having seems to be connected to the buffer size. I set the RME to the lowest buffer size (which I use 99% of the time, unless mixing when latency is not an issue) and ST3 crashes and will not load.

However, when I set the buffer to 64, it plays.

I've got to think this can (and will) be fixed. There is no other plugin on my PC that crashes or fails to work (at all!) due to a low buffer setting. Are there some that tick up the CPU usage? Sure. But none die.

I will pass this along to IK tech staff.

MickGael wrote:The problem I'm having seems to be connected to the buffer size. I set the RME to the lowest buffer size (which I use 99% of the time, unless mixing when latency is not an issue) and ST3 crashes and will not load.

However, when I set the buffer to 64, it plays.
Innnterrrresting... could be a plug or effect within ST3 itself that doesn't like the ultra low buffer. Like the convo resonance whosiwhatsit or maybe one of the included t-racks fx. Should be easily reproducible then...
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Other oversights ?!

1)
- "PLAY" tab
- fill the parts on the right, with a few instruments.
- load from the ST3 library as well as from imported sounds.
- select them one after the other, on the right.
- the browser, on the left, will sync/jump to the location of the selected ST3 sounds.
( like it always did in ST2 )
- the browser does NOT jump to the location of imported sounds !

Makes navigating the thousands of sounds a bit more tedious ...

2)
- "PLAY" tab
- scroll down in the Instrument browser and open some sub 'folders', to find a certain sound.
- load it
- change to "MIX" or "EDIT" tab and back to "PLAY"
- the browser has scrolled back to the top.

Makes finding the right sound a bit more tedious ...
( Most of the time, I'll have to change FX settings, to see if the current sound fits.
Then go back to "PLAY" to try another ... but the browser is somewhere else, now )

Can others repro ?
Is this known, or do I need to contact support ?

Jan

dsan@mail.com wrote:
mhog wrote:The sound exists, only it has long Attack (you have to wait 4.5 seconds before it starts). Otherwise, go in the "edit" page and put Attack to lower value.
Thank you both fmr and mhog for taking the time to look into this! :tu:

I would never have expected such a long delay.

Kind of an interesting patch ;)

Happy Musiking!
dsan
I took a listen to the "Instruments > Synth Pad > Pluck Orchestra > Orch HP" preset with my ST3 installation. It takes less than two seconds to begin hearing it and maybe 4.5 seconds to reach peak volume -- not unusual for a synth pad. I suppose if your volume control is set too low or if you play the keys too quickly, you might not hear anything.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

_dada_ wrote:1)
- "PLAY" tab
- fill the parts on the right, with a few instruments.
- load from the ST3 library as well as from imported sounds.
- select them one after the other, on the right.
- the browser, on the left, will sync/jump to the location of the selected ST3 sounds.
( like it always did in ST2 )
- the browser does NOT jump to the location of imported sounds !
I was able to confirm this behavior.
_dada_ wrote:2)
- "PLAY" tab
- scroll down in the Instrument browser and open some sub 'folders', to find a certain sound.
- load it
- change to "MIX" or "EDIT" tab and back to "PLAY"
- the browser has scrolled back to the top.
I am sorry, but I was not able to confirm this behavior. Does it happen in standalone mode after you first start up ST3, navigate to a nested preset (e.g. Instruments -> Synthpad -> Emotionality -> Breathy Atmosphere), and then select it for the first instrument slot? This is all I did to try to reproduce your issue, but I was unsuccessful -- the browser stays put after switching to "Edit" or "Mix" and then back to "Play" tab.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

UliH wrote: So I list thre errors I got with specific files in Sonik Synth 2. I cut them and the import errrors are gone.
- Modulator Radio MW.ikmp
- Wheel In Motion MW.ikmp
- 130BPM_ailing.sti
I can confirm. No preset for SS2's "130BPM_ailing.sti" preset is created for ST3. Like you, I also experienced conversion errors for those two SS2 combis while importing into ST3:

I had received an e-mail response from IK Multimedia Customer Support:
The issues with importing some Sonic Reality presets will be resolved in the 3.0.1 update.
While this made me feel hopeful that some of my ST2 presets that had been crashing ST3 would now finally import into ST3, my cynical side encouraged me to queue up the track "Welcome To The Jungle" by Guns 'n' Roses before I set out to re-import those troublesome ST2 presets again. Unfortunately, these presets still bring ST3 to its knees. On a positive note, the import dialog box does show me exactly which instrument preset it was trying to import at the time of the crash:

Just what is it about these five particular ST2 presets that causes the ST3 legacy preset importer to crash badly? Whatever it is, SampleTank 2.5 is offering no insight:

After some days using ST3 some feedback:

1. First and foremost: it is good to finally have a 64bit one stop shop for all IKM samples. Well done IKM!

2. Soundwise one of course gets all the rompler sounds you will ever need to make music. But from a sound quality perspective it doesn't match e.g. Halion Sonic. However, I am having some good fun with the construction kits which are real value!

3. Import of Legacy instruments like Sonik Synth, Rare Instruments and ST 2.5 gave problems. After deleting the problematic samples the import was fast and smooth. Again: having everything in one place in a 64bit environment is why I bought it. And this mission is finally accomplished.

4. GUI-wise I would have expected a drastic improvement from ST 2.5. But that is not the case. This is odd as the GUI design of e.g. Amplitube and T-RackS is top notch. Given ST3 was years and years in development one can't seriously say it was lack of time that the GUI and the lack of some fundamental rompler functionality falls short of current standards.

5. ST3 works fine for me in Cubase 7.5 and Studio One Professional. I have problems with the standalone version though as I cannot choose my RME Asio driver in the Audio settings. The RME drivers tend to be rock solid and I have never experienced a similar problem with any standalone VSTI. Hence I guess this is a ST3 issue.

FrankT wrote:After some days using ST3 some feedback...
Thanks for the report, Frank. Welcome to the beta team :tu:

downloading and installing ST3 now. i have installed first three parts of ST3 sounds and imported about half of my ST2 sounds now, no issues whatsoever (but then i didn't really have any custom instruments, and i'm sure they've tested ST3 on importing stock stuff, so that should be expected). the only gripe i have is IK's distribution - i can only download a single part of ST3 sounds at a time. come on, move into 21st century! if you were using BitTorrent distribution, i'd already be playing right now!
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:downloading and installing ST3 now. i have installed first three parts of ST3 sounds and imported about half of my ST2 sounds now, no issues whatsoever (but then i didn't really have any custom instruments, and i'm sure they've tested ST3 on importing stock stuff, so that should be expected). the only gripe i have is IK's distribution - i can only download a single part of ST3 sounds at a time. come on, move into 21st century! if you were using BitTorrent distribution, i'd already be playing right now!
You should be able to download multiple parts at a time. I was, as were others that reported doing so. Odd.

Return to “Instruments”