ReFine support topic

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ReFine

Feel free to post any questions, feedback, bug reports or other things that come to your mind about ReFine here.

can you elaborate on the operation of the plug ?

There are meter surrounding each knob but how does one set the values ?
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

By ears ? :tu:
It is based on psycho-acoustic, so there will never be any rule or metering.

Adjust to taste.

Doesn't load in EnergyXT 1.41

On Mac Os X that vst looks like folder. I dont know how to change it. So no daw will load it...

15% cpu load in idle. Intel E7500 @2.93Ghz

Thanks for your feedback. The meters give an estimate about the release (warm), level (space) and transient (punch) amounts, which are also used for the color in the history display.

I only have EnergyXT 2.6 at hand, where it seemed to work OK. Won't it load at all or can't you see the user interface?

I also noticed the vst/vst3 folders instead of bundles, but I was able to test the plugin in Reaper and a vst3 test host (I'm currently still using a 10.7 machine where I don't have other VST3 hosts installed). What OS X version and DAW are you using?

The high cpu load seems to be a denormalization problem. I'll have a look right away.

The high cpu usage wasn't a denormalization problem but a bug that got triggered when silence was put in after non-silence. An update with a fix is now available.

lkjb wrote:I only have EnergyXT 2.6 at hand, where it seemed to work OK. Won't it load at all or can't you see the user interface?
EnergyXT 1.41 says: "This is not a VST plug-in: ReFine.dll".
Cubase loads it fine.

WinXP SP3 32bit

lkjb wrote:The high cpu usage wasn't a denormalization problem but a bug that got triggered when silence was put in after non-silence. An update with a fix is now available.
Well now when I play some sound the usage drops to <5%. When I stop playing, after 5 seconds of silence goes back to 15-20%.

Please add a "main" entry point, it doesn't load in some hosts because of that.

There was an additional denormalisation issue which should be fixed now.

I'll also have a look about the main entry point. Is there any free host that won't load a plugin without it that I can use for testing?

lkjb wrote:I'll also have a look about the main entry point. Is there any free host that won't load a plugin without it that I can use for testing?
Cantabile Lite 1.2: http://classic-web.archive.org/web/2008 ... eSetup.exe

I use mac os x 10.6.8
and Renoise 3 and Tracktion 5.
Btw i love your EQ, so it is surprise for me that you've released this kind of plugin. I am very curious how it sounds. Is it something like soundgoodizer by image-line?

It's a subtle one, I've been running full songs through it, the middle knob makes the snares stand out, the last knob affects transients. I have to turn the knobs up all the way to definitely tell they're on.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”