What format do you use to exchange files?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to send someone else a tracktion project I made but they can't open it. The formats are very confusing, even though I have used T for years I have never tried to send someone else a file before and have tried sending it as a trkedit and as a trkarch and neither can be opened. It should just contain a track and vst loaded anyway - no wavs.

Possibly this is a demo limitation as the other user is using a demo?

There are 3 ways to import an archive; have they tried all 3?

Not sure - they are new to Tracktion so there may be some user error. So is archive the best even if there aren't any wavs to collect? - would just a trkedit file be openable? (even in the demo - can't find what the demo limitations actually are - that may be the problem but it's hard to know as they aren't documented anywhere)

You can't simply send an tredit because it is part of a projectfile. Although I am not sure about the demo limitations, I guess importing an archive should work.

Another possibility is to send the complete project folder and they can open the project. As long as there are no references to files on other places than the projectfile, even wavs should open correctly.

I've always just exported the project as a Tracktion Archive File (.trkarch). The receiver just has to "Open Project" and it will prompt for where to extract/create the project locally for them. I've collaborated on several projects using just this and a handy dandy Google Drive share. If your friend needs help I would be happy to do a GoToMeeting or Google Hangout screen share and walk him/her through :)

Make sure that you have checked "Include all files" when you created the archive.

Regards,
theoldguy
It is time to come together in the middle of the road.

Return to “Tracktion”