Which fab filter plugins are the best value?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been making music on a pc for 3 years and I could use any kind of mastering or effect plugin because to this point I've mostly used freeware. Are any of the fab filter plugins a can't miss because of quality or value?
Last edited by Cole1012 on Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All of them.
Genuinely.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:All of them.
Genuinely.
+1
But you'd probably get the most use out of Pro-Q and Pro-C for effects and Twin2 for synths.
The rest of the effects are more for spectific purposes.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

If your a student they offer 50% off on all their plugins and bundles.
:borg:

Definitely Pro-Q and Pro-C for me. Those two get used for 90% of my EQ/comp needs. I actually use Simplon for a large majority of my most basic filtering needs and I'm pretty hard-pressed to think of a project I've completed in the last few years that didn't include at least one instance of it. It's not deep or sexy on the surface, but it's pretty flexible (3 different filter types, low/hi pass, three different slopes), gets the basic jobs done, uses almost no CPU, and sounds great doing it. And, it's cheap!
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

This is what I would pick if i had to pick a few based on value.

Pro-C - Easy to use compressor

Pro-MB - Awesome Multi-band compression

Pro-L - Limiter

Pro-Q - Excellent EQ

All of these would let you craft some very good mixes and they are easy on the CPU like Cryophonik said.
:borg:

I'm not sure the prices as I bought a bundle, but Pro-Q, Pro-C and Saturn are the things I use a lot. Pro-L is a very good Limiter, but Limiters have a lot lower use since I rarely use them on tracks and usually just for my crappy mastering.

xfghjcxf hjcfgthyjkctgky
Last edited by Obsolete317542 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mushy Mushy wrote:All of them.
Genuinely.
+1

I have most of them (except the Gate and the DeEsser) and I use them all the time. The price may seem a little steep but it's totally worth it in my opinion. Great sound, arguably the best GUI's in the industry, which really helps a lot in using the plugins and understanding what they do to the sound.
Most use get the plugins that one uses the most (doh!! ;-) ) so the Pro-Q and Pro-C would be on the top of my shopping list. Pro-C also because the graphical display really helps in setting up the compression as you see how it impacts the audio. Saturn is another favourite, really much more than a simple distortion unit. Oh and don't forget Timeless, which I use for 90% of my delay needs.
Pro-MB is more specific and probably what you want to get last, but Pro-L is widely acclaimed as one of the best (transparent) limiters.
Twin is getting a bit long in the tooth, but I still use it regularly. Volcano is great as a filter and for all kinds of modulation effects.
Oh well, get them all!

Pro Q is excellent. Probably on par (or near enough) with Equilibrium.

But if you are looking for a really good EQ at a stupidly low cost demo the toneboosters EQ.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

All of them apart from the synth and Twin. It's not that they're bad, they just have GUI's designed for those that understand Klingon.

Pro-Q is simply indispensable for me.

I love Timeless, very creative!

Master bundle for sure!

Arent they all kind of different, Should you choose what you need. Ive always been looking at the saturation one.

But if your into value, scroll down to the bottom of their page and see the cheap stuff. It right there, hey its way cheaper. Doesn't mean value but maybe it is way more inexpensive if that's what you want is the fabfilter sound.
Ableton Live 8 Suite 64 Bit, Sylenth1 64 Bit,Rapture, Zeta+2,Synthmaster, Dimenison Pro, Mo' Phatt. and Waves plugs.
DELL i-3770 3.9ghz, 12GB RAM, INTEL SSD,
M-Audio Bx8 D2
Oxygen 49
TC ELECTRONIC impact twin 64 Bit
Fast Track Plus
Grace and love

I use all their products for my books and articles.

The MB and G are probably two of the best on the market. L, Q and Saturn are lovely. Pro C is nailed into my DAW.
I have other products to handle the more coloured sounds but I always end up with something fro FF on my tracks.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”