KX77FREE > major updates > Kx-Modulad, Kx-Synth-x16, Kx-PolyMod and Kx-PolyM-CSE - Go to Berlin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kx-Modulad Kx-Polym-CSE Kx-PolyMod Kx-Synth-X16

Re,
An EQ bypass option on one of the channels could serve the same function.
In fact you can select the outputs of the Meter signal with the output selectors on the "sequencer-lfo-aux" panel.
By default the Meter output is muted (Out1, Out2, Out12 or Mute).
There are no equalizer on the Meter signal.

Xavier

kx77free wrote: In fact you can select the outputs of the Meter signal with the output selectors on the "sequencer-lfo-aux" panel.
Ooops!!
(I can think of other words …)
Six years, and I’m still asking dumb questions about this synth …!
And I actually knew about the o/p selectors … a few versions ago, I experimented to see if routing the Out1/Out2 signals to the Meter outs would by-pass the Eqs (two mod signals!); but as it didn’t, the default routing has always worked the way I wanted it to – so I guess I just forgot the feature was there. (I’ve probably forgotten more things about the Kx-Synth-x16 than most other synths have ‘things’.)
Sorry to have wasted your time.
(I think I preferred your previous post, where you called me a ‘musician’ – that’s going straight on my c.v.!)

The Mod output thing is important, though – and probably for a lot more people than just me.
I don’t really see the FX version as just an effects processor, but as a whole second (, third, fourth, etc.) set of modules for the Mono synth.
You said from the start that this wasn’t intended to be a straight VCS3 clone, and that’s how I’ve always seen it. While it was always – and is now, more than ever – the best Synthi-style emulation out there, I’ve always seen it (in some strange way) as a kind of Arp 2500, too.
When I’m not pretending to be Roxy-era Eno (I’ve got the boots, and the cape – now, if I can just do something about the talent …) or Schnitzler, I like to imagine I’m Eliane Radigue. (For anyone not familiar with her work, the unspeakably beautiful Adnos trilogy is freely available on UbuWeb/Sound: http://www.ubu.com/sound/radigue.html ) I know of no other VSTi that could get close to making those kinds of sound. (Though nor, to be fair, do I know of any other composer who could do so, either.)
Being able to pass audio, a mod signal, and the step-sequencer o/p (via midi) between instances makes this one of the most powerful – and certainly best-sounding – giant modulars I could ever dream of.
(Of course, some of the later Synthis had a PrestaPatch port, which could be used to connect the matrices of two instruments together. So if you ever feel like making a version with 16 Outs and 16 Ins … ?)
(Sorry, I don’t use smileys – so you’ll just have to guess whether I’m joking…)

Not quite in keeping with the title of this thread, but while I’ve got your attention …
The midi-learn on your Kx-Midi-Filter doesn’t appear to be working (VSTHost, XP).
I normally use the parameter mapping in VSTHost (and I use VSTHost for just about everything – even in slave mode in other hosts) so I’ve never noticed it before. Choosing ‘edit’ from the right-click menu doesn’t have any effect either.
This is a fantastic tool – I use it to switch channels as I play, so I can map even a small control surface to many times as many parameters. (Thanks to Seib’s ‘rel’ modes, even a busted Evolution UC-16 [Midi-Filter told me which knob was sending out the spurious, random CCs – thank you!] is enough to control all the ‘front-panel’ knobs on the -x16, and as many behind-the-pin mini-knobs as any reasonable human being should ever care to use.)
Certainly not a problem for me – but maybe worth a look?

And Thank You for the rapid bugfix update.
Two Trapezoids?
I may be gone some time …

And for anyone who might have missed it:
kx77free wrote:Hi All,

I compiled a simplified version of my Kx-PolyM-CSE (only the main engine) in VST3 64 bit this day!
So because SE 64 bit will be fine the next year and the Kx77free sounding is done with C++ hand coding work, Kx77free have a future in native 64 bit!
So, keep the faith - these are most definitely worth waiting for!

Just a bump, I added 4 new tracks.

I just registered on this forum exclusively to say that I think your plugins are awesome and very underrated. After trying one of your plugins awhile ago I proceeded to go back and download the rest and have used them regularly ever since! The interfaces of your synths sometimes confuse me but the sounds that come out of them are gorgeous and complex. Perhaps all your synths need to get some serious attention is a couple good tutorial videos? I looked awhile ago and I couldn't find any, but maybe someone has made some since.
Anyways, thank you again and keep up the awesome work!

tylab wrote:I just registered on this forum exclusively to say that I think your plugins are awesome and very underrated. After trying one of your plugins awhile ago I proceeded to go back and download the rest and have used them regularly ever since! The interfaces of your synths sometimes confuse me but the sounds that come out of them are gorgeous and complex. Perhaps all your synths need to get some serious attention is a couple good tutorial videos? I looked awhile ago and I couldn't find any, but maybe someone has made some since.
Anyways, thank you again and keep up the awesome work!
Yes you can find demos and tutos in video.

Here on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kx77free
(but avoid the videos from Uproar24... they are totally crap)

And you have excellent demos and tutos more especially on Xavier's channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/KX77FREE/videos
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Hi,

05/10/2014 - 2 new tracks and minor Kx-Synth-x16 update.
Kx-Synth-x16 - ver 5.0a - only Poly:
Fixed bug: the CV sequencer output was not connected to the voice two.

Have Fun!

kx77free wrote:I recently done some tracks, one of them is more KS like. All tracks are done with my cheap Cubase 5 essential which I use for its great Midi functions.
The main inconvenient of this kind of software is the track summation of the audio engine which done a poor result if you use a lot of VA with rich sounds like strings or pads with a lot reverb fx. I believe that I may have a better result if I mixed each instrument on analog mixing console by used an audio interface with multi xlr outputs.

Anyway the final encoding in Youtube kills all!
Yeah, YT is no respecter of music ... any chance you could add these to the .WMAs on your site?

For mixing, have you considered Harrison Mixbus?
I know what a chore it can be exporting audio from Cubase (on the increasingly rare occasions I need to record/edit MIDI, I still use Studio 4). But you're clearly a man of infinite patience.
And mixing with a mouse is no-one's idea of a good time.
But the sound really is worth it - I think it would suit your music very well.
I know it's listed at over $200, but there are fairly regular 'no-brainer' deals at around 10% of that - and your music is certainly worth it.
Just a pity they don't have a demo version.

Thanks for the KX-Synth-X16 updates - except for the KX-PolyM-CSE, I think it's the only instrument I've played in the past 2 months or more. And I've been playing a lot.
None of the really dumb people I knew when I was young are young any more.

Hi,

I will test the Flac encoding and probably add some tracks on my URL.

Actually I'm working on an alpha 64 bit version in VST3 of the Kx-PolyM-CSE with some limits:
-No help text and internal tips
-No sequencer because it's not actually 100% functional on the VST3
-No Midi Learn but I think that Jeff will add this feature in the next SE 64 bit releases
-No scope because SE 64 bit uses the VST GUI layer for the Mac compatibility, the native GDI windows code is now incompatible with the windows SE VST3.
Note: this is the apple compatibility which delayed the SE 64 bit development, so I hope that the Mac users will pay Jeff for that by supporting SE and the Jeff 's work!
-Limited font attributes (no background, no bold) but that is temporary.

But to compensate the actual limits of SE 64 bit I will add more filters and waveforms.
And if all is fine, I will do a Mac version if I find an apple computer to compile my SEM with xcode.

Xavier

The midi learn is handy, at first in Reaper I went into the automatable controls and everything currently visible on the monitor were envelope controls, so I decided to see if anything was built in (right click).
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Kx-Synth-x16 (poly) updated to v5.0b, Kx-PolyM-CSE to v1.1e.
Minor bugfixes, plus some new patches for the -x16 (poly).

And a couple more tracks made with them added http://kx77free.free.fr/English-page.html (.wma format).

... just a thought, M. Kalensky - why not put a few of your tracks on BC? Might earn a few euros towards that second-hand Mac you were thinking about buying ...

[edit]
The Kx-PolyM-CSE also now has the option to detune the Sine oscillators (slightly ... positive values only ...)
Anything else I missed?

Hi Syntilla,

I will update this subject.
Kx-Synth-x16 (poly) updated to v5.0b, Kx-PolyM-CSE to v1.1e.
Minor bugfixes, plus some new patches for the -x16 (poly).
The bug on the Kx-PolyM-CSE (done with the 1.1d) is not really minor because the "Hi" limit of the Midi sequencer input depended of the "Low" limit of the main synth, you could not record the CV of your Midi keyboard with the sequencer, for example if the Low limit was 0 or very low.
And a couple more tracks made with them added http://kx77free.free.fr/English-page.html (.wma format).
I tested several formats and the WMA professional stays good because I can encode in 24 bit and the VBR can be unlimited.
I tested the FLAC but for 90 mo (12 min) in 16 bit/44.1k, the FLAC size is around 50 mo.
The WMA size in 24 bit/48k unlimited VBR is 18 mo, this is why finally I keep this format because I prefer to work my CUBASE sessions in 48k. You can read these tracks with VLC.
The Kx-PolyM-CSE also now has the option to detune the Sine oscillators (slightly ... positive values only ...) Anything else I missed?
The Sine 1 detune value is positive (0 to 0.03 volt) and the Sine 2 value is negative (0 to -0.03 volt) . I use mini knobs because I have not the place to use numerical fields and by this way it's easy to set them to 0.
The tune of sine oscillator in the CS70 depends of the main VCO of each channel but in the CSE channel structure you can use it like an independent oscillator even if its master tune follows the main VCO. You can change also its waveform by using the main waveform selectors. Now there are 6 detuned oscillators per voices with many Note On synchronization options!
... just a thought, M. Kalensky - why not put a few of your tracks on BC? Might earn a few euros towards that second-hand Mac you were thinking about buying ...
I will develop to Mac only when SE 64 bit will be OK on Windows because my priority is to translate my SE work in 64 bit on Windows. I'm working on a limited 64 bit version of the Kx-PolyM-CSE but before to provide it I prefer to wait the next SE releases because there are some bugs or missing features which need to be solved or added by Jeff.

As always: Thank you very much. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

kx77free wrote:The bug on the Kx-PolyM-CSE (done with the 1.1d) is not really minor ...
No, of course not!
I guess I just fell into the trap of thinking that as I hadn't noticed it, it must be minor ... if the v2 connection on the -x16 had affected the Mono versions, I wouldn't have thought that was minor, either!
That's what comes of posting before properly trying things out ...

And thanks for the new demos.
I strongly urge everyone to download the .wma versions - YT really gives you no idea of the quality of these synths.
I had these tracks playing on a loop for more than an hour while I was working last night. And I'm pretty sure the Just do it remix is the first 'software demo' ever to have made it onto my mp3 player.
Nice work all round, sir!

Hi,
Syntilla wrote:
kx77free wrote:The bug on the Kx-PolyM-CSE (done with the 1.1d) is not really minor ...
No, of course not!
I guess I just fell into the trap of thinking that as I hadn't noticed it, it must be minor ... if the v2 connection on the -x16 had affected the Mono versions, I wouldn't have thought that was minor, either!
That's what comes of posting before properly trying things out ...

And thanks for the new demos.
I strongly urge everyone to download the .wma versions - YT really gives you no idea of the quality of these synths.
I had these tracks playing on a loop for more than an hour while I was working last night. And I'm pretty sure the Just do it remix is the first 'software demo' ever to have made it onto my mp3 player.
Nice work all round, sir!
Thanks Syntilla.
I do not know if I'm a good musician, I'm an autodidact, I do not know to read or to write a partition, all I done, my music and my VST work is just to follow a dream started when I discovered the electronic music at the end of 70's.
I'm not here to sell something and I appreciate when the KVR's members understand that.
This is why I love SE which is a cheap shareware and without SE I didn't do my VSTs and didn't share with all my instruments.
Also because I sell nothing, I can share the main features on all KX77FREE Vsti. I have not a commercial logic to segment the products.
For example, you can create waveforms with the Kx-Modulad and use them with all my recent Vsts. I share the filters between all also, etc...
I share with all my experience of sound design, all presets are done in the same way when I work on my music.
When some people will not want to pay 14€ (the price of a Pizza in Paris) to use my actual 32 bit vsts in Live 64 bit with jBridge for example, they could pass out of important knowledge around the way to design a sound because I share my experience, not a technologie.

Xavier

Return to “Instruments”