Sonic Cat Calliope is out now.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Calliope

Edited!
Last edited by HaganeSteel on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:08 am, edited 5 times in total.

I like luxonix a lot too! For $50... why not? :D

Okay, the sax sucked, but the rest were not too bad.

(BTW, probably the wrong forum since this is for Kontakt?)

Zoom.
Last edited by HaganeSteel on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

HaganeSteel wrote:
BBFG# wrote:Okay, the sax sucked, but the rest were not too bad.
(BTW, probably the wrong forum since this is for Kontakt?)
It's for the free player. You don't need to own Kontakt to use this. I don't own Kontakt. :P
I can overlook things like saxes and harmonicas. :hihi:
Those strings! :party:
On the site it says: "Powered by Kontakt engine.
Even if you are not Kontakt user, everyone can use Calliope by free Kontakt Player."
Which makes it sample-based more than individual instrument.

But I agree, the strings seem nice. I liked the bass too.
Brass was a little too synthy to call brass, but nice for synth-brass still.

Edit: For rambling. :hihi:
Last edited by HaganeSteel on Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

alvfaria wrote:I like luxonix a lot too! For $50... why not? :D
So the promo offer is good for Luxonix customers too?

For example those who bought Ravity recently?

Zoom.
Last edited by HaganeSteel on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks to HaganeSteel and Everyone.

Luxonix name changed to Sonic Cat. So all Ravity/Purity customers are Sonic Cat's customer now. And please call us Sonic Cat instead of Luxonix. :D
Maybe Calliope's sounds will be different Ravity/Purity. I wish talked a lot about Calliope after released. :wink:

Zoop.
Last edited by HaganeSteel on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

It would have to be a whole lot better than Purity, which turned out to be a disappointment, I don't remember when I last opened it, like half a year ago. The demo audios don't really convince me so far.
And one can't even sell Luxonix/Sonic Cat stuff.

Does the free Kontakt Player limit the features one can use in any way, compared to a commercial Kontakt version? Player usually means one can't use/save certain things...

Hmmm...1400 multi-samples and 1000 presets...
I reckon there aren't many multis/patch?

Anyway the patch layering tutorial looks f***ing promising

fluffy_little_something wrote:Does the free Kontakt Player limit the features one can use in any way, compared to a commercial Kontakt version? Player usually means one can't use/save certain things...
You can use all Calliope's functions with Player version. Player version just can't use internal extensive editing for making Kontakt Library. Users can adjust all parameters on GUI. :)
Please see this page: KONTAKT 5 PLAYER VS. KONTAKT 5

fluffy_little_something wrote:Does the free Kontakt Player limit the features one can use in any way, compared to a commercial Kontakt version? Player usually means one can't use/save certain things...
No, it means that it will run perfectly fine in the free Kontakt Player, no time limitations, load and save as you wish.

You can probably even use it to upgrade with a rebate to full Kontakt.

cocoazenith wrote:Hmmm...1400 multi-samples and 1000 presets...
I'm not that interested in sounds for Bass, Guitar, Brass, Wind, Percussion or Drums

Would be nice if there could have been a Synth version for stuff like Lead, Keyboard, String, Pad, Synth.

Think I'll stick to my Ravity...

Return to “Instruments”