Spring Reverb - Necklace v. SpringAge?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a spring reverb plugin (to used with guitars, mostly). SKNote's Necklace is priced right, but I don't see many reviews on it. Overloud SpringAge has some good reviews, but is much more expensive. Does anyone have any thoughts on either of these two?

Thanks!

Don't forget PSP SpringBox, it's somewhere in the middle of the other two in terms of pricing, and I believe it was well met when launched. http://www.pspaudioware.com/plugins/rev ... pringbox1/
Haven't used any of those though, so I'll leave advice to others in the know ;)

Thanks!

+1 for PSP Springbox.

You can get it for $32.99 on the JRR Blowout page...

You shouldn't have said that.

No really, you shouldn't have said that.

:hihi:

+1 for Springbox
I also like the Softube's spring reverb ! :)

Thank you everyone!

I can't get Spring Box to respond it a stereo input like I expect. If I pan something hard left into springbox, I expect an output that somewhat refects that. I like the 2-2-2 setting on necklace for stereo stuff.

I've tried a lot of spring reverb emulations (including all the ones mentioned so far), but never found anything that competes with the real thing. A guitar amp with a spring in would be the best solution, even cheap ones sound a lot better than emulations.

If it has to be in the box, there are quite a few free spring impulses around and some of those can be pretty convincing for the right parts.

It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

Thanks again, everyone! I think I'm going to purchase SpringAge this weekend from JRR. If I wanted to set this up to mimic a real amp, I assume that I would run the chain like this (for example):

Guitar Amp VST with cabinet disabled ---->SpringAge---->Cabinet emulator (such as Recabinet).

Does that sound right? In other words, the spring reverb should probably come before the cabinet, correct?

Thanks again for your help!

bharris22 wrote:I think I'm going to purchase SpringAge this weekend from JRR.
Its cheaper from Overloud at the moment.
Im seeing $89.10 at JJR and $77 direct from Overloud
Amazon: why not use an alternative

TH-2 has some of the Spring Age algos.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

GSi Type 4, Softube Spring Reverb and NI's Guitar Rig 5 all sound pretty nice to me ;)

Return to “Effects”