IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

kbaccki wrote:Actually, have had a ff800 myself for many many years (2004, 2005?), and it has always come up in latency related discussions... Particularly when discussing daw recording offsets w/ asio drivers etc. :)
I've had mine for a long time too--until now, I didn't even think about how old it really is :lol:

And, yes, latency has been a lifelong challenge with this unit :roll: Other than the not-so-fun-to-read manual, if you know of any other resources where I can get tips please share 8)

Oh, and apologies for the OT :oops:

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
BBFG# wrote:Dated Aug. 01:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
BBFG# wrote:Do you have a date on when the demo will be available now?
Now that the maintenance release it is out, it should be a short wait but don't have a specific date yet. I'll let you know.
Aug. 19:
Maybe it's time for me to cut this loose...
You do have that option, but we're shooting for the end of the week and it should be good to go barring any major issues.
Seems like you said that before, but I'll give it to the end of this week.

Teksonik wrote:
jazzin wrote:Guys from Fl Studio Technical Support said.......DAW - Fl Studio 11.1.0 64 bit
Have you tried selecting or deselecting "Use Fixed Size Buffers" in FL Studio ?
( "Use fix size buffers" checked )

THANK YOU VERY MUCH ! Thats solved the problem , but i had checked and I had to deselect that option.
Now, as I have not checked, nothing clicks. Why it caused any problems ?

I have another question. Perhaps it occurred earlier, but did not pay attention. The idea is that as I add another instruments, the noise from monitors increases. With each instrument increasingly roar. It does not have anything to play, just that I add another plugin Sample Tank 3. It's normal ?

On the free version/demo front, some bad news. At this time, there was a strange bug that resurfaced so it looks like we will have to delay it until next week as we'd like to release a tip-top version for you. All I can do is let you know, and we'll have this resolved and up as quickly as possible but realistically that is looking like next week.

Obviously we're working on it and since it was supposed to be there as soon as tomorrow you can check your IK User Area in case I don't announce it immediately here but keep the previous statement in mind, of course.

This is weird.... I got three of the Macros auto assigned somehow.....

Let me start at the beginning...

I am porting Anomaly for Alchemy over to SampleTank 3 format.

I tried to import directly using ST3 but would not work. So I tried using ST2 to import but again, would not work. Only by using ST2 as admin and then importing the sounds one by one would it work.

Okay, Used ST3 to import Legacy Instruments and everything seemed to work. The sounds would play in ST3 so I started adjusting the Instrument sounds and then later making Multis.....

Until I got the idea to offer the ST2 raw conversions for sale with no presets, just the conversions, for anyone who may want to p-lay with these sounds in ST2.

Tried to load them in ST2, the converted sounds would not load.....

After looking for a solution from about 2 to 5 AM this morning and trying everything I could think of to get them to load, I finally gave up. Then a thought hit me.

When I converted Anomalies 1 through VI I most likely used ESC to make the conversions for ST2. So I tried converting Anomaly for Alchemy using ESC and all of a sudden the files would load in ST2.

So I ditched the previous conversion I had made and used these files instead. So now I am back to, in ST3, going through the instrument files one by one and fixing them up and I had to re-make all of the multis I had made as of yesterday. But in doing so I noticed that three of the Macro knobs are now assigned to VelFilter, Touch and Pitch.

Fun, huh?

^^^^
Did ExSC do that? Is there anything special about those 3 parameters in the .sfz files?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Same thing here at Dangerous Bear, those macros are assigned to those parameters in conversion to ST3 format. I have converted both Kontakt 3 and SFZ instruments to ST3 using ESC conversion to ST as an intermediate phase then imported to ST3. I will see if any macros are activated in the loops I loaded directly to ST3.

By the way, ESC converts to ST1 and not ST2 format. IK blocked Wlodzimierz from doing ST2 conversions. In any case, it works.

It is ESC doing it....

I just converted Anomaly XX to ST2 via ESC and then thought - what if the Macros pick up on things set in the preset?

Si I took one of the sounds and saved a user preset with envelope and fx settings, but none of that was assigned to a Macro when I imported into ST3.

So somehow ESC is setting the Macro values. I checked in ST2 as well. Those same Macros are assigned but all of the others are greyed out...

No, nothing special in the .SFZ files. Here is an example:

<group>
ampeg_release=0.1

<region> sample=Alone in Wasteland.wav

lokey=0
hikey=127
pitch_keycenter=60

jazzin wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
jazzin wrote:Guys from Fl Studio Technical Support said.......DAW - Fl Studio 11.1.0 64 bit
Have you tried selecting or deselecting "Use Fixed Size Buffers" in FL Studio ?
( "Use fix size buffers" checked )
THANK YOU VERY MUCH ! Thats solved the problem , but i had checked and I had to deselect that option.
Now, as I have not checked, nothing clicks. Why it caused any problems ?
I have another question. Perhaps it occurred earlier, but did not pay attention. The idea is that as I add another instruments, the noise from monitors increases. With each instrument increasingly roar. It does not have anything to play, just that I add another plugin Sample Tank 3. It's normal ?
You're welcome, glad I could help. :) As for your other question the only thing I can think of right off the bat is do you have a Guitar Amp Sim loaded in one of the effects slots or master ? Some other effect that might cause the noise ? Are you adding additional instruments in one ST3 or are you adding additional instances of ST3 ?

Other than that I'll have to look into it further......I don't experience the same thing here.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

dnekm wrote:what if the Macros pick up on things set in the preset?
I don't want to have to change the numbers my controller transmits.....I want to change the numbers ST3 responds to permanently. Then on a per Instrument basis they can control different parameters....Filter Cutoff on a VA patch......Delay amount on a Pad etc..........

Obviously there is a "SDK" for ST3 Instruments but there may be financial reasons why IK wouldn't release it.....

As sample content providers you guys need to access to key ranges, switching, layering etc etc but as an end user all I need is the ability to program an Instrument by loading a sample set and then edit it as needed rather than just tweaking existing instruments.

Maybe if you guys can work with IK they will give you access to the tools required to easily create ST3 sample set.....but I have the feeling there will be some financial conditions........

I don't blame IK for keeping the ST3 Format proprietary....the shopping cart on the GUI gives you an idea of what plans they have for ST in the future.....maybe you guys can strike some sort of deal ? I hope so because I've used sample content for Wusikstation from both of you and it has always been top notch professional quality......... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Makes me wonder - are there some settings in the .SFZ file we could add that would assign Macros?

Right now, I am exhausted, but it does bear thinking about....

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:On the free version/demo front, some bad news. At this time, there was a strange bug that resurfaced so it looks like we will have to delay it until next week as we'd like to release a tip-top version for you. All I can do is let you know, and we'll have this resolved and up as quickly as possible but realistically that is looking like next week.

Obviously we're working on it and since it was supposed to be there as soon as tomorrow you can check your IK User Area (http://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea) in case I don't announce it immediately here but keep the previous statement in mind, of course.
I read in the reaper forums that the free version wont be able to import.Is this still true? If it is, im not understanding why we wouldnt be able to. Ive spent hundreds of dollars on Sampletank 2, Sonik Synth 2, Sampletron, and lots of sound libraries and not being able to import these into the free version seems kind of like a screw you to us users. Lots of users have been wanting an update with a bigger and more user friendly gui and just when it seems like all us IK users are gonna get what we been asking for all these years we get a screw you, we dont care about you old IK users. Im not dissing IK at all, i really like your products, im just a lil saddened and disapointed. Im actualy willing to pay for a fully funtioning version of sampketank 3 without the library. Why not offer that?

A clue....

I used ESC to convert a SampleTank 2.5 file to .SFZ:

<group>
ampeg_release=0.1
pitchlfo_freq=5
fillfo_freq=5
amplfo_freq=5

<region> sample=Dwelling in Darkness.1.wav

I really need to sleep now....

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:On the free version/demo front, some bad news. At this time, there was a strange bug that resurfaced so it looks like we will have to delay it until next week as we'd like to release a tip-top version for you. All I can do is let you know, and we'll have this resolved and up as quickly as possible but realistically that is looking like next week.

Obviously we're working on it and since it was supposed to be there as soon as tomorrow you can check your IK User Area in case I don't announce it immediately here but keep the previous statement in mind, of course.
Okay, guess that's it.

Return to “Instruments”