1176, LA2A, FC670 Help needed!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AC222 wrote:
I have everything Quinto did probably the Bus plugin is revisited from what i know with proper 1176 interface and will be stronger to the uad thats for sure..The bus also was bonus plugin to the Strip .Check the SSL into the Bus it has huge balls in the low department blew out the uad one.I ve tested the SKnote STA during beta with Uad 1176 revisions plus couple hardware comps and the STA just sounded like a beast(more fat and punchier and wild).Also i suggested him the parallel mix and side chain filters as for me this make this type of limiter comps magic happen as u can compress the hell out of everything and blend it in(Uad doesn't have don't get it its software no limitations of the hw should be applied here).The Uad 1176 revisions on other hand are very nice emulations too i find them to sound similar to the Lindell Audio 1176 500 comps with a bit advantage to the Uad ones as they are more versatile but the Lindell i guess saturates a bit harder witch sometimes is what u look for(they are the same price anyway).So if u are up to the sound of 1176 and very fast compression check out Sknote STA u will be surprised.If u have good converters for dirty cheap a Drawmer DL 221 can give u this very fast compression with nice tick tone..
Cool. Thanks for the good information. I forgot how good that Sknote SSL comp is. Definitely a little darker/dirtier-sounding than some of the other SSL types I've tried but handles source material well.
Well the mix bus 4000 hardware sounds this way anyway darker/dirtier :)! There is Strip ver.3 btw lets see what it will offer too i have no idea about it :)

Hey, shout out to Jan for mentioning the 670 IK on amp sims!

Ok, this might get a little longer thread but its good...in the meantime i was playing
with the Melda Compressors...this things are adorable, can do quiet a lot of things
that others can't but...as per our definition they are not Vintage...LOL.
Now, i did Demo the OverTone 670 and i was totally surprised, i found out that i like
it more then the IK version, its cleaner i think and does not distort that much.
I also had the chance to Demo/Try at a friends studio some of sKnote stuff, mostly
Strip Bus and GS39, not STA, i love the stuff on the StripBus especially the Tube 76.
I will buy StripBus, STA, GS39 and probably Roundtone and also OverTone 670,
i totally fell in love with those things. Now i also have Nomad Factory Total Bundle.
There is the British Bundle with the MLC 2269 Compressor, Blu Tubes CPS, FA770, LM2S
and Analog Signature LM662...i do use them but anyone...any words on these things?
On the other hand, how can we define VINTAGE in compression??? I understand and know
this in EQs, Saturators and other things but Compression? Vintage Sound?

Thanks Guys
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

BasariStudios wrote:Ok, this might get a little longer thread but its good...in the meantime i was playing
with the Melda Compressors...this things are adorable, can do quiet a lot of things
that others can't but...as per our definition they are not Vintage...LOL.
Now, i did Demo the OverTone 670 and i was totally surprised, i found out that i like
it more then the IK version, its cleaner i think and does not distort that much.
I also had the chance to Demo/Try at a friends studio some of sKnote stuff, mostly
Strip Bus and GS39, not STA, i love the stuff on the StripBus especially the Tube 76.
I will buy StripBus, STA, GS39 and probably Roundtone and also OverTone 670,
i totally fell in love with those things. Now i also have Nomad Factory Total Bundle.
There is the British Bundle with the MLC 2269 Compressor, Blu Tubes CPS, FA770, LM2S
and Analog Signature LM662...i do use them but anyone...any words on these things?

Thanks Guys
Sounds like you sure did your homework and finding what you like. Can't go wrong with that! :tu:

Well i have a lot of homework left too, LOL.

Screw it, I just bought Steven Slates VBC Collection of 3 Compressors and yesterday
I bought Waves API 550 A&B and also IK MM EQ81. I think I am Set.

Se when can we hear some of your tracks, or are you going to get this thread closed too?

Turello, its says FORBIDDEN! lol
Itneveris, of course we will and I guess yes, unless someone else is interested
in going on with the thread or if it helps someone.

Thanks

Ultimate Compressor?
I know, iLok and all that, but it's a great-sounding and easy to use plugin.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

BasariStudios wrote:Turello, its says FORBIDDEN! lol
Hover over the Projects menu, then click VST Plugins, you can get to it from there.

BasariStudios: Hey, I just wanted to save you a lot of money!!! O:)

:hihi:

If you've been on Gearslutz or here for the last 2 weeks, you'd know full well Basari is trying to spend as much money as possible, and doesnt know why.

I WISH I had the budget this guy does.

Well to a point you might be right. Its not a show off but actually I have a different way of buying things.
I don't buy for years and then all at once. Now I am in a shopping spree for compressors, eqs and some
summing/mastering stuff. Last year and the year before I bought the whole EWQL Collection.
Now I am after Slate, Waves and IK. You might be also right as I don't know why I am doing it but in
reality I like having options. It is a contradiction on its own, when I have more options I am less creative
but Its kinda sickness in the mind. I am happy that I get a LOT of the stuff for free as NFR, especially
VST SoftSynths but also most of the FX too, otherwise it would cost me a fortune.
Keep in mind that I also own over 9-10 hardware keyboards, real analog and new stuff.

That's an old picture, from 2007, now I have 3/4 of that hair.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Actually your thoughts again, tonight I am planning to get STA, Strip 3 and RoundTone from sKnote,
I just can't seem to find a hold of Quinto if he can combine them in one thing so I can do one payment
instead of each separate since he has no shopping cart. What I also don't understand is when purchasing
it still says Strip 2 not 3. Another thing, can I use StripBus solely as a Compressor? I mean can I Bypass
all of the other stages on it?

Thanks

Return to “Effects”