Any word on Revalver 4 release?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HeadRush ReValver LFOTool

If I wasn't such a lame ass guitar player with the same old boring classic rock sound I'd do a shoot out for ya. I guess I could just rattle off some boring thing and then post the clips. Ok.......give me a couple of hours......

how do i get the demo version and how does it work(wich limitations apply) i cant find nothing on the site :( do i only have to download the file and install then it runs in demo mode until i register?

blueman wrote:It's always nice to hear how other people approach the software (e.g. getting tones); it gives me different ideas about how it can be used.
Thanks for sharing. I hate to say this but I find I prefer the sound of the free X50 based o the 5150 II over the Revalver 6505. The X50 just seems to have more body and sounds more like a real amp to me, regardless of whichever is more accurate to the original. They are modeled on different amps 5150 II versus 6505 (similar but not the same). Having said that, the 6505 I am hearing does sound like an improvement over the version in Revalver 3.5, most notably as others have pointed out in the fizz department. It does seem to be much less fizzy but I can hear those boxy mids that the user is describing. I guess that can be eqed out but it's much more inspiring to plug into an amp sim that sounds like a real amp to begin with.

I'm glad to hear that this version seems more usable sound-wise but given the length of time Peavey had to develop this technology, I am not impressed. With all the hype surrounding this release, I was expecting a game changer and from what I can see, it's only a modest improvement over prior iterations (less fizzy) but still sounds fake. I could care less about the gimmick ACT technology. I want amp sims that sound like amps. I don't think I'd be fooled with these Revalver amp sims without heavy doctoring based on the sample clips.

The forthcoming Positive Grid has much more powerful cloning technology and their amps actual sound like real amps. One thing, I'll take my hat off to you Peavey for making invidual amps available for purchase at a reasonable cost. Still kind of a kick in the face not to offer an immediate upgrade path for loyal Revalver users. They should be offering discounts for registered HP users too.

I'm not sure I'm following. Go to downloads and then download the version you need. In demo mode it's fully functional but there is a weird (not too bad) beep every 30 seconds and you can save stuff in demo mode. There is a free version with limitations that you could save stuff. The producer pack doesn't include ever single item in the presets, so some of it (like the buddah cabs) will be in demo even after you get the producer pack.

The usb key authorization worked very well here, but I recommend IE (if on windows) to do everything. Opera didn't work when purchasing.

n/m

Here is my sucky guitar playing (I'm getting even worse, gotta be the meds) and two clips. No mystery, the first is the TSE, the second is R4. I hate both to be honest with you and the 6505 is not even close to being my fav of these amps, but there it is. I have no idea how that one dude got those tones, but it's not what I hear :evil:

https://app.box.com/s/xsfinjs1p8ncyreo1x89

pe4ce

blueman wrote:More video fun here
Beautiful tone and playing :tu:

A3ntar wrote:
blueman wrote:More video fun here
Beautiful tone and playing :tu:
Indeed!
José Luiz Paiz Junior
Peavey ReValver Support
http://www.peavey.com/products/revalver/

Anybody know if you can have 3.5 and 4 installed at the same time?

And while I'm asking dumb questions, do I understand rightly that R4's copy protection keys off some USB device you pick that always has to be connected when you're using it? Only thing like that that I have is a wireless USB mouse, but those do need to be replaced sometimes. That would invalidate the R4, right? What then? Goofy plan, if you ask me.

hibidy wrote:Here is my sucky guitar playing (I'm getting even worse, gotta be the meds) and two clips. No mystery, the first is the TSE, the second is R4. I hate both to be honest with you and the 6505 is not even close to being my fav of these amps, but there it is. I have no idea how that one dude got those tones, but it's not what I hear :evil:

hibidy for President! Nice playing and nice tones. Honestly, I do prefer the first clip but I guess in the end, a lot just comes down to presence. That is good stuff. Don't ever sell yourself short. I"ll have to put this on my loop. :phones:

dwozzle wrote:Anybody know if you can have 3.5 and 4 installed at the same time?
I know. You can. You can even run III.V inside 4, since it is also a VST and 4 has a VST loader.
dwozzle wrote:And while I'm asking dumb questions, do I understand rightly that R4's copy protection keys off some USB device you pick that always has to be connected when you're using it? Only thing like that that I have is a wireless USB mouse, but those do need to be replaced sometimes. That would invalidate the R4, right? What then? Goofy plan, if you ask me
Not a dumb question at all. Yes, you need to link your license file (even the free modules have to be licensed) to an USB device of your choice. IF you lose it, or if it breaks, you can contact support and we will setup you up so you can change your device.
José Luiz Paiz Junior
Peavey ReValver Support
http://www.peavey.com/products/revalver/

I decided to un-install the demo because of this. I also deleted the associated registry keys.
And on reboot, the keyboard could no longer 'be found'.
After reading that last comment, I'm assuming because it licensed itself to the keyboard?
Would have been nice to know all this up front.
Like the product, was ready to buy, and then this stopped me cold.
I know they think they have their reasons, but it's a non-sequitur for me.

(BTW, I had to reset the CMOS to start finding the keyboard again.)

BBFG# wrote:I decided to un-install the demo because of this. I also deleted the associated registry keys.
And on reboot, the keyboard could no longer 'be found'.
After reading that last comment, I'm assuming because it licensed itself to the keyboard?
Would have been nice to know all this up front.
Like the product, was ready to buy, and then this stopped me cold.
I know they think they have their reasons, but it's a non-sequitur for me.

(BTW, I had to reset the CMOS to start finding the keyboard again.)
??

Probably because you deleted something you should not have in the registry.

R4 does NOT write to the USB device anything at all. It just uses it's fingerprint to license your software just as much as most other protections use a combination of HDD serial number, Windows serial number, etc...

And it is YOU that chose to license the USB device and which one it is. R4 does not automatically chose a USB device for you.

hibidy wrote:Here is my sucky guitar playing (I'm getting even worse, gotta be the meds) and two clips. No mystery, the first is the TSE, the second is R4. I hate both to be honest with you and the 6505 is not even close to being my fav of these amps, but there it is. I have no idea how that one dude got those tones, but it's not what I hear :evil:

Playing sounds great (to me)...TSE, in this clip, is the clear winner though. Hmmm :?

Return to “Effects”