Avicii earned $28 million last year

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lucky man. I don´t even earn a thousandth of this / year, and i´m actually working 24/7. But, i´m proud of actually creating something ;)

jacqueslacouth wrote:Seriously??? some lil bitches need to get over themselves. The fact is he does his thing, irrespective of the "die for their art types" he is immensely popular with the punters, he is making a crap load of cash and I'll unashamedly say, I'd trade any artistic integrity for his success. Can't help but visualise the haters as comic book guy from the Simpsons.
Er, nope, apart from the over-the-top machismo of calling those who are dissatisfied "bitches" , I think this kind of income equality is seen in all walks of life, and to balk at it and complain is quite a reasonable response. It's not jealousy, it's not even a dislike of the music, it's a dislike of the 1% getting all the money and having all the fun, at the expense of everyone else, including thousands of brilliant musicians who will likely never be heard in their lifetimes.

If you care about music, this should annoy you. Of course these days, it has been engineered to be "in vogue" to not have feelings about things, because feelings are for sissies, right? And actually caring about stuff? Forget it.

I'mma work harder, I'mma be tougher, I'mma get my head down and fall in line!
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Even the very good musicians are a-dime-a-dozen. To make it big you need luck, connections, and/or looks.

hersoot wrote:Even the very good musicians are a-dime-a-dozen. To make it big you need luck, connections, and/or looks.
Pretty much what David Guetto (?) said....he earned 40 million last year.

Tricky-Loops wrote:Neither Calvin Harris nor Avicii were DJs. Calvin Harris made his first dubstep songs on his AMIGA computer in the bed room in the house of his parents in Dumfries, as well as his first dance album "I Created Disco"...he didn't work as DJ at all...
Calvin Harris made dubstep on his Amiga ?

:lol:

Chapelle wrote:
chk071 wrote:Where's van Buuren? Last time i saw a similiar list, he was earning like 50 millions a year?
He's 12th (tied with Steve Angello) earning $12 million:
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eeel45el ... an-buuren/
Hm, he probably shifted down a few gears since he became father. :hihi:

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
foosnark wrote:100,000 lemmings can't be wrong.
... or a 100,000 old fogeys listening to rock music?

Same same, but different ;)
Listening to WHICH rock music? It's opined that the people that would purchase avicii are mindless and this gesture hopes to deflect from that?
Lame, pointless.

"Art is making something out of nothing and selling it."
-Frank Zappa

And they are dang good at it.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

jacqueslacouth wrote:Seriously??? some lil bitches need to get over themselves. The fact is he does his thing, irrespective of the "die for their art types" he is immensely popular with the punters, he is making a crap load of cash and I'll unashamedly say, I'd trade any artistic integrity for his success. Can't help but visualise the haters as comic book guy from the Simpsons.
You seriously said "seriously" in preface of that turd of a statement?

Well, yes, believe it or not, there are actually some 'lil bitches' left in this world with a shred of integrity who are not ashamed to let it be known. Its amazing that anyone dares to while bullshit base opinions like yours rule the day.

Dont worry though, us lil bitches are going extinct, and soon you and yours will be free to frolic in a land of idiocracy, free of actual art, smoking/drinking/f**king, always waiting til the next 'drop'.

If your idea of success is to trade artistic integrity for money, then you do not have much integrity as an artist. Although you might stand a better chance of finding that "success" than someone who actually cares.
ImageImageImageImage

n/m - it's not worth it ...
... space is the place ...

trololol?
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:trololol?
Uh huh.
... space is the place ...

Are ppl getting upset cos someone who's music they dont like made a ton of money? :lol:

If you have a few hits in the US, youre pretty much loaded. You can be unknown outside of the US....of the millions earned, they prob get very little of that...unless they are clever enough to have a really good label deal.

Yes, some of this DJs making a lot of money. But this means also travelling around the world most time of the year and it needs of course some good tracks. Avicii had good chart positions with "True" so there must be a lot of people who buy this music and this will also increase the money promoters must pay to book him for events.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”