Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You Vangelis people will probably think this is abuse, but it can sound quite funky :hihi: A very good synth for R&B, Fusion, Funk. The presets don't really reflect that side of it, unfortunately.
I like the init patch, it shows off the nice basic sound of it :) I guess I will modify the init patch to make it even more neutral. From there it is not far to get to the desired sound in a constructive way.

fluffy_little_something wrote:You Vangelis people will probably think this is abuse, but it can sound quite funky :hihi: A very good synth for R&B, Fusion, Funk. The presets don't really reflect that side of it, unfortunately.
I like the init patch, it shows off the nice basic sound of it :) I guess I will modify the init patch to make it even more neutral. From there it is not far to get to the desired sound in a constructive way.
So now, Fluffy... it's the occasion to create a bank of presets with your style to compliment the available banks (for the moment there is only one) and diversify the abilities of the synth.
:wink: :tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Rob James G wrote: Aftertouch is supported by many DAWs, you can see which have been successfully used on the Memorymoon forum.
Some people have had aftertouch issues with Ableton, but I think that can (or has been) solved by Ableton now.
Channel aftertouch works o.k. but polyphonic aftertouch is still not recognized at all, unfortunately.
(My keyboards do have poly aftertouch.. Elka MK88 mkII, and Ensoniq SD-1 and VFX SD.. work great with the ME80 ;) )
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

vic_france wrote:
Rob James G wrote: Aftertouch is supported by many DAWs, you can see which have been successfully used on the Memorymoon forum.
Some people have had aftertouch issues with Ableton, but I think that can (or has been) solved by Ableton now.
Channel aftertouch works o.k. but polyphonic aftertouch is still not recognized at all, unfortunately.
(My keyboards do have poly aftertouch.. Elka MK88 mkII, and Ensoniq SD-1 and VFX SD.. work great with the ME80 ;) )
Poly aftertouch works happily in Reaper.

fluffy_little_something wrote:You Vangelis people will probably think this is abuse, but it can sound quite funky :hihi: A very good synth for R&B, Fusion, Funk. The presets don't really reflect that side of it, unfortunately.
Not at all. I like Funk and Vangelis. The extra bank has a few more sounds for you.

ME80v2 patches: (OBS for version 2.1 only, will not load in version 1.0!):
http://www.memorymoon.com/downloads.htm

Wonderful CS-80 replica! :)

Nice to use my Ensoniq TS-10 for polyAT....great!

The drift and voicecard emulation makes the synth extra organic and alive.

Bought it and use it alot!

Now I need a Roland VP-330! ;)

Kire wrote:Now I need a Roland VP-330! ;)
here it is :)

free download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i2hxbzvas2uzg ... 0r2_05.zip
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

Very nice! :)

Rob James G wrote:ME80v2 patches: (OBS for version 2.1 only, will not load in version 1.0!):
If there's ever is a host-independent default location for ME80 patch banks, I would recommend "Documents" in Windows. I've been using it as my default for all my VSTs; makes backup easy.

BTW: one tiny suggestion for the big GUI (even the small one): IMHO it would be more legible if the contrast was higher (white as white, not as grey).

Breeze wrote:
Rob James G wrote:ME80v2 patches: (OBS for version 2.1 only, will not load in version 1.0!):
If there's ever is a host-independent default location for ME80 patch banks, I would recommend "Documents" in Windows. I've been using it as my default for all my VSTs; makes backup easy.

BTW: one tiny suggestion for the big GUI (even the small one): IMHO it would be more legible if the contrast was higher (white as white, not as grey).
I agree with the last part. But white is a really strong color (non-color actually :hihi: ), I suppose that is why hardly any developer uses white fonts, they look unprofessional.

While we're at it:

Some labels have different "white" tones, like the W in Wheel, or the numbers in Env 1 and Env 2.

The display font are way too dark, why not use a brighter blue or green to make it look like an authentic display?
Do the controls really require the precision of 4 digits behind the comma?

The ribbon is so dark, I didn't even know it was still there. Found out by accident that it has a ribbon control.

The pitch feet control values are not displayed anywhere.

The shadows of some controls are also a bit strong, overshadowing labels.

And I still think the groove of sliders should be lighter than the background again as with the old versions. Currently most performance sliders look odd.

I also have a problem with the logic of most of those performance sliders.

The amp attack A's are off center.

Why does it say Donate? It should say Buy, because donating means something different. One buys the ME80 like one buys Diva etc. No difference.

Kire wrote:Now I need a Roland VP-330! ;)
I recommend you XILS V+ ! Awesome replication of the VP-330 !
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Breeze wrote:
Currently the DAW is the only way to save and load stuff, right?
I was able to load the extra sound bank in Mixcraft, but I have no idea how I would create such a bank myself in it. I suppose I would have to use another DAW in order to save patches in the fxp format, and then use some external program to pack 128 of them into an fxb file.

By the way, since my keyboard sucks at aftertouch, how does one compensate for not being able to use/hear aftertouch when programming patches? Should one reduce or increase certain parameters a notch after having finished a patch?

Breeze wrote:
I use the same trick.

Apart that I have create four special folders:
  • Documents\EM\32\APP
  • Documents\EM\32\VST\
  • Documents\EM\64\APP
  • Documents\EM\64\VST\
Each time that I have to install :
  • a host (or a DAW) I always install it
    in Documents\EM\32\APP\ or
    in Documents\EM\64\APP\)
    instead of the folder suggested by the installation program.
  • a VST (by an installation program or not) I always install it
    in Documents\EM\32\VST\ or
    in Documents\EM\64\VST\.
And
  • my 32 bit DAW is set to watch only in Documents\EM\32\VST\
  • my 64 bit DAW is set to watch only in Documents\EM\64\VST\
Even my other applications (Winword, etc.) are not installed
in Program Files nor Program Files (x32).
I use two folders that I have created:
  • C:\!32\
  • C:\!64\
Why do I use a "!" as prefix ? Because like this, these two folders are always shown at the top of the list of folders in the Windows Explorer.

I have absolutely nothing in Program Files and in Program Files (x32) except the system applications and very few things installed by authority in them without asking the choice to the user.

Like this, I have NEVER those problems encountered by many people concerning the rights to access in write for the settings, the keys, the patches, etc.

And for backups all is very easy.

Breeze wrote:

Points like this should be addressed to Gunnar.

Just for clarification I am just an enthusiast.
I am not employed by Gunnar or Memorymoon. I made over 100 presets for ME80v2.1 Factory and Extra Banks out of enthusiasm for the CS80.

We are lucky to have the option of a larger version at all, it wasn't designed for this. This blown up version is a last minute addition developed by Chris Kerry. It is obviously fuzzy compared to the original, like an LCD monitor in the wrong resolution. Saying that it is definitely still welcome, and will be welcomed by users sitting a long way from small 1080p (and above) monitor or TV screens.

Breeze wrote:BTW: one tiny suggestion for the big GUI (even the small one): IMHO it would be more legible if the contrast was higher (white as white, not as grey).
Yes, I was precisely exchanging private mails about that with one of our friends here who has a very, very severe visual impairment. It is the only reason why for the moment he can't buy ME80. Because even the grey letters are not enough contrasted for him, so... he can't read them comfortably and must stay very, very close to the screen and use a magnifier. Letters and symbols in real white would be for him (and for many people) the decisive fact that would make him buy ME80.

The BIG panel GUI is already a HUGE improvement. Now the last and decisive changement that will make certainly many people buy ME80 is the best contrast possible: real white instead of grey for the letters and symbols.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”