Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rob James G wrote:Points like this should be addressed to Gunnar.
Gunnar reads this thread (and posts on it).

And no... these suggestions must be made publicly. Because it is by collective supports and collective insistences that these things will not considered as details by the developers of VSTs but will be considered as very important things.

The readability of the VSTs is really the next thing to change in the behavior of all the developers. Chris and Gunnar have now understood the importance of the size of the GUI and we have a great, great, great thank you to say very loud to them... but the contrast between the symbols (and letters) and the background is perhaps still much more important than the size, especially when a GUI is very loaded in symbols, letters, and controls.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

I use this, it's made for old people, but what the heck... :hihi:
http://cdn.seniorenhandy.com/wp-content ... -lupe.jpeg

fluffy_little_something wrote: Currently the DAW is the only way to save and load stuff, right?
I was able to load the extra sound bank in Mixcraft, but I have no idea how I would create such a bank myself in it. I suppose I would have to use another DAW in order to save patches in the fxp format, and then use some external program to pack 128 of them into an fxb file.
You can make user patches and save them in your chosen DAW or program as user patches and export and import them. but it isn't the same thing as making a fresh complete bank.

fluffy_little_something wrote: By the way, since my keyboard sucks at aftertouch, how does one compensate for not being able to use/hear aftertouch when programming patches? Should one reduce or increase certain parameters a notch after having finished a patch?
I could be wrong on this but I think there is no simple way to achieve this. It isn't designed for this. Aftertouch is very expressive here, it is not merely note on, note off. You cannot edit the aftertouch midi information in a DAW as far as I can see. You can of course edit the midi note info that accompanies the aftertouch (if you applied aftertouch effect at all).

BlackWinny wrote:
Rob James G wrote:Points like this should be addressed to Gunnar.
Gunnar reads this thread (and posts on it).

And no... these suggestions must be made publicly. Because it is by collective supports and collective insistences that these things will not considered as details by the developers of VSTs but will be considered as very important things.

The readability of the VSTs is really the next thing to change in the behavior of all the developers. Chris and Gunnar have now understood the importance of the size of the GUI and we have a great, great, great thank you to say very loud to them... but the contrast between the symbols (and letters) and the background is perhaps still much more important than the size, especially when a GUI is very loaded in symbols and letters.
I meant here publicly!

Rob James G wrote:I meant here publicly!
Ha... OK. Excuse me.
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

BlackWinny wrote:
Ha... OK. Excuse me.
No worries.
How are you getting on with ST3?

Rob James G wrote:You can make user patches and save them in your chosen DAW or program as user patches and export and import them. but it isn't the same thing as making a fresh complete bank.
Not really. Mixcraft's own format can't be exported. I would have to use another DAW again.
Rob James G wrote:I could be wrong on this but I think there is no simple way to achieve this. It isn't designed for this. Aftertouch is very expressive here, it is not merely note on, note off. You cannot edit the aftertouch midi information in a DAW as far as I can see. You can of course edit the midi note info that accompanies the aftertouch (if you applied aftertouch effect at all).
What I meant is, when I program patches that I want to share or even sell later on, but don't have a keyboard that deserves the word aftertouch, how can I kind of compensate for that within the patch? Say, I have my perfect brass, should I increase or decrease the filter cutoff for instance before I share the patch with people who can use aftertouch?

With velocity sensitivity it is the same: If someone's keyboard is not sensitive (which is very rare of course these days), it probably sends 100% volume all the time. So I would have to increase the volume of my patches so that they are loud enough for people using a sensitive keyboard.

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Rob James G wrote:You can make user patches and save them in your chosen DAW or program as user patches and export and import them. but it isn't the same thing as making a fresh complete bank.
Not really. Mixcraft's own format can't be exported. I would have to use another DAW again.
Rob James G wrote:I could be wrong on this but I think there is no simple way to achieve this. It isn't designed for this. Aftertouch is very expressive here, it is not merely note on, note off. You cannot edit the aftertouch midi information in a DAW as far as I can see. You can of course edit the midi note info that accompanies the aftertouch (if you applied aftertouch effect at all).
What I meant is, when I program patches that I want to share or even sell later on, but don't have a keyboard that deserves the word aftertouch, how can I kind of compensate for that within the patch? Say, I have my perfect brass, should I increase or decrease the filter cutoff for instance before I share the patch with people who can use aftertouch?

With velocity sensitivity it is the same: If someone's keyboard is not sensitive (which is very rare of course these days), it probably sends 100% volume all the time. So I would have to increase the volume of my patches so that they are loud enough for people using a sensitive keyboard.
Basically I do not think Gunnar wants anyone to sell on patches without approval, you could ask him. No blank banks......

Attempting to make patches without a keyboard that cannot allow you to hear the effect of aftertouch for this soft synth would be totally absurd. Let alone trying to sell them afterwards.

Rob James G wrote:Basically I do not think Gunnar wants anyone to sell on patches without approval, you could ask him. No blank banks......

Attempting to make patches without a keyboard that cannot allow you to hear the effect of aftertouch for this soft synth would be totally absurd. Let alone trying to sell them afterwards.

Really? :o It is a commercial synth, why would people not make patches for it and sell them?! It is just like making sound sets for Diva or Dune. I doubt Urs has any say in who makes and sells patches for Diva.

Yes, maybe it is absurd to you. I was just wondering...

Rob James G wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:
Ha... OK. Excuse me.
No worries.
How are you getting on with ST3?
You mean... that italian product?

I have uninstalled all the products that I had from that company.
Definitively.

About the clarity of the "big" GUI..
(My monitors are 1920 x 1200 here)
I too found the BIG GUI to be a bit "fuzzy", so I did a bit of experimenting.. I took a screenshot of the original GUI, and loaded into a couple of freeware, or non-expensive (Mac) apps for photo enlargement, and, it having being posted here that the enlargement was a factor of 1.4, I tried enlarging the screenshot myself, trying out various parameters in those apps. I was certainly able to get the overall appearance much sharper than the released BIG version, but it was not without compromises (especially for text).
Anyways, my point is.. if you really do need greater clarity, the individual "resource" elements in the actual plugin (there are 54 of them) are in fact just standard.ping files.. so (at your own risk, of course), there's nothing to stop you replacing those files with versions that are more to your taste ;) ).
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

vic_france wrote:the individual "resource" elements in the actual plugin (there are 54 of them) are in fact just standard.ping files.. so (at your own risk, of course), there's nothing to stop you replacing those files with versions that are more to your taste ;) ).
And... where are they?

BlackWinny wrote:
vic_france wrote:the individual "resource" elements in the actual plugin (there are 54 of them) are in fact just standard.ping files.. so (at your own risk, of course), there's nothing to stop you replacing those files with versions that are more to your taste ;) ).
And... where are they?
On Mac, right-click the vst plugin (you'll have to do the same thing again for the AU version), and select "Show Package Contents". When the Contents folder appears, navigate to the "Resources" sub-folder.
On PC, I've no idea, I'm afraid ;) (except that it must, presumably, be somewhere inside the .dll).
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

Gee, you are not seriously thinking of messing with those graphic files, are you?! Get a life 8)

On PC, ResourceHacker will do it.

Return to “Instruments”