Your TOP 5 feature requests for Bitwig

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Heya!

besides vst multi-out, does anyone know about multi-in support? or am i missing the obvious :) ?

cheers!

dont forget:
Bitwig is no optimized recording DAW like Cubase! So they shouldnt concentrate their energies to something like comping (multiple take recording) or other recording optimizations!

Basic recording is enough, I think, if you need specialized recording you should use such a programs.

Better is that they force their energie of their very little team to bug fixes and optimizations. for all the other stuff like special devices wait for the modular environment.

Recording MIDI should be TOP priority of ANY daw. I could use ANY midi editing program to manually place my midi. Doing it right in creative situations is where a daw shines. In fact, I was thinking of many creative ways to utilize a midi type plugin, but do not have the know-how. For instance, sort of like a step sequencer, but polyphonic and mapable... for example, a max 5 polyphony step sequencer with LIVE regrooving mappings... I know it may get sticky with different plug-ins utilizing the midi, but that's what those midi error plugins are for, to catch problematic things like stuck notes.

I talk about Audio and MIDI Recording,not just MIDI recording.

I know DAW teams, who focus since years just on "recording" and other stuff is completely overlooked...

Better comping, better metronom, more recording modes a.s.o.

The results are DAWs which have many many features for recording but other important stuff and especially Bugs and workflow improvements are overlooked. As example Cubase and especially Sonar...

Just look on Sonar to see where it leads to implement many many recording features without mind and workflow focus...

BItwig is NOT specialized on recording and it should stay like this. There are many many recording features which would take years and a big big team to make. So please leave all the recording stuff basic and focus on bugs, workflow and the modular system. There is much work to do for this little team...just look on all the improvement ideas here in this forum which get much attention and feedback like all the Hardware running stuff and problems with devices.

Hi guys,

I'm only waiting for one feature since Bitwig has been released and I check this forum often to have news about it.

For who's using it: is vertical zoom of the tracks still not possible?

Thanks a lot! :wink:

needaname wrote:Hi guys,

I'm only waiting for one feature since Bitwig has been released and I check this forum often to have news about it.

For who's using it: is vertical zoom of the tracks still not possible?

Thanks a lot! :wink:
Id like vertical zoom :)
and for audio recording to be better, but im not expecting it anytime soon :) I would hope its at least on the drawing board
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

I would like them to rearrange the GUI the distortion device so that the clip section comes after the pre section. Because logical signal flow.

This is my NUMBER ONE request.

^I thought that too. :hihi:

if it could sound a little bit like logic's distortion that'd be great :)
some of us were looking forward to building hardstyle kicks :phones:

Beside those that already are being done:

1- Audio to Midi in real-time

2- visual API programming of midi controllers

3- choosing scales on the piano roll (like Reaper does)

I will let the other two for later :wink: .

Can't wait. Multi-out vst, channel midi in/out and pre-roll for clips, group tracks. The most important thing, and that stopped normal working process. Please bitwig, faster faster faster do it and take my money.

Groove pools, hotswapping, grouping, whole track freezing/flattening, better warping

What's wrong with current warping...?

A few of the biggest hangups for me right now:

1. Double contents shouldn't stop clip from playing
2. Fold/audition per track to save me from switching every time I go between a drum and melodic tracks.
3. Input quantize

I am surprised that none of you mentioned the time signature automation. Without this program is incomplete and inconsistent with the fundamental principles of music. It's quite like you got a keyboard with white keys only :(

1. Time signature automation --> Bitwig Team please make this first, even if you don't like jazz
2. Ghost/linked clips
3. Round Robin or at least release trigger Note FX
4. Multi-stage envelopes for instruments
5. FM-4 custom waveforms (with true sine and HQ antialiasing mode)

Return to “Bitwig”