Komplete 10 Date - Oct. 1 2014

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've had a great experience with Maschine, and I've been keeping an eye out for a smaller keyboard for my laptop. I've been eyeing the Akai MPK225, but this may turn out to be a good option...IF (big IF) there is a reasonable K9 > K10/S25 upgrade path.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Those will probably support DAW control protocols.
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

Ya know, I just saw this image at GS for PolyPlex (apparently, one of the new K10 plugins) and I wonder if the lights on the keyboard correspond with the assignments in slots 1-8.

Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

I guess I was overly optimistic but I was hoping to see some crazy ass synth kontroller with tons of knobs and digital scribble strip labels for each knob that auto populated depending on which NI synth was open. Flashy, color-coded rotary knob lights and all that jazz.

Oh well, I'll be interested to learn more about this *ahem* basic looking device.

Edit, after looking more closely I see that they got the digital scribble strips... just not enough (not even close).
Last edited by lachrimae on Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

So i'm guessing the Kontrol 49 keyboard is going to be somewhere in the ballpark of $500 ... :S
:borg:

I probably won't upgrade to K10 since I don't need new pianos, weird effects and sampler, and I have Session Horns and Supercharger already...

Every time there is a little leak the announcement soon follows. Just like Maschine Studio.
197624830e713a3bc2dc85b621ecd422d87e28aa-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

No mention of Reaktor 6 or Kontakt 6 etc.
19762477fa0c70b9247a205aed348d31033aab8b.jpg
1976247377e59f6824f8be5b70964f8fa84a0f48.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I have Komplete 9 (not U) and don't need a new keyborad controller (like supposedly most of the Kopmlete users I already have one). Wonder, if K10 would do anyhthing for me.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

hibidy wrote:I don't know, but I can PROMISE you this: For 9 out of 10 users, it won't work properly. It will still be a maze of confusion and then it will depend heavily on which host you are using and if the host needs to be focused or not. I think it's going to be really popular, and then in a month or two you'll see quite a few in the marketplace.
I think you're way too harsh.

That controller somehow reminds me of Kore ResurreKted. The new instruments mainly seem to be some Kontakt and Reaktor stuff. Wee bit disappointed at first glance that they didn't update any of the existing products. But hey, we'll wait and see!

cryophonik wrote:and I wonder if the lights on the keyboard correspond with the assignments in slots 1-8.
I would say that's a logical conclusion. Maschine has 16 colors for its pads, so I suppose the same colors might be available on this keyboard.

Looks neat IMHO. Having lights to show where keyswitches are in Kontakt is a very nifty thing (I'm honest). One thing I'm wondering about is the quality of keybed, as well as if it can do aftertouch or not (and how responsive it is, in case it does). We'll see.

So far I'm disappointed with the three new pianos (I could care less about sampled pianos, being a Pianoteq Pro user). I've expected some new Kontakt libs that might push some boundaries. Seems like it's not going to happen. The three Reaktor ensembles, on the other hand, look interesting.

Too bad there don't seem to be any upgrades to the core products. So this would be the THIRD Komplete in the row to "offer" Kontakt 5...

Seems like I'll wait for K11.

I was really hoping for a Prophet 5 emulation.
:borg:

EvilDragon wrote:So far I'm disappointed with the three new pianos (I could care less about sampled pianos, being a Pianoteq Pro user). I've expected some new Kontakt libs that might push some boundaries. Seems like it's not going to happen. The three Reaktor ensembles, on the other hand, look interesting.
Yeah, three new pianos, as if there weren't already enough pianos in Komplete. With an otherwise really well balanced portfolio, it really makes me wonder if the Komplete product manager has some serious piano fetish.

On second thought, I don't want to think about that :D

Are there any prices/informations for the keyboard without the "Komplete 10" bundle?
Looks like the 49key version is like 599$/599€ (+ K10 Ultimate = 999$/999€) ?
Seems like a keyboard version of "Push" (scales, arp section, 8 encoders etc.) which is great :tu:
The update does not look great, though. Just Kontakt libs and Reaktor Essembles? Some Fx plug-ins.. o_O

Return to “Instruments”