MMultiAnalyzer question

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does MMultiAnalyzer have a prefiltering section to it? If so, sorry, I can't find it. The only mention I see on the internet is for the loudness meter in the 7.09 changelog.

If not, this would be great to add, I use it in MAutoDynamicEQ all the time and it's really helpful.

For what it's worth updating the "slope" in MSpectralDynamics with a user-selectable prefilter (again, like in MAutoEqualizer) would also be helpful. I know it's technically possible to draw in a curve, but I'm not that good at freehanding a curve and I'm thinking you already have some well developed, well tested code for all this so...

:)

Oh one more request -- note detection on peaks for MMultiAnalyzer.

Right now I'm using MMultiAnalyzer mostly for collisions and relative track loudness (which it is GREAT at), but when I really need to peer into a track or the master I end up dropping MAutoDynamicEQ on it for it's more expressive visualization functions. In an ideal world, MMultiAnalyzer would be the only visualizer I'd need.

I'm afraid I have deny both of your FRs :( . The prefiltering is an EXTREMELY deep feature nobody knows and MMultiAnalyzer is simply not trying to be the most versatile analyzer, it's designed to be easy to use to compare different tracks and for that prefiltering is not needed. This one shall not be another superhardcore thing with every feature in the world like MAnalyzer is for example.

Also about the peaks - same thing. This one would actually be easy to add, we won't do that simply because the analyzer view would become so cluttered with the peaks, that wouldn't be usable anymore. And again, this is not designed as a single-track analyzer, it's really for multiple tracks.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Ok, now that I understand the philosophy I say that makes sense. I'll think of MMultiAnalyzer as "compare tracks," and it's my own fault for not using MAnalyzer for "deep track inspection."

As a side note, I'm surprised to hear that more people don't make use of your prefiltering -- I think it's one of a handful of things (besides the great SOUND, which is key) that makes your plugins stand out as a really pro-level choice among a somewhat crowded market. I agree that I've heard from many people that a track "looks finished when it slopes down to the right," and I'm like -- "guys, you know there is an actual standard for that slope, right?" and am met with blank stares.

Thank you! :love:
And well, people are extremely lazy :D. Why do you think so many of them still use vintage analog stuff, ProTools... It will take time before people learn things can be done in a more efficient way.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I really love the normalizing peaks to 0db feature, I will never use another analyzer without it.

:love:
Vojtech

I didn't want to open a new thread, so I'll gush here.

I just started using MMultiAnalyzer the other day, and I think it's absolutely fabulous. I was able to identify numerous frequency collisions, and it allowed me to quickly clear some mud out of my mix via EQ. I felt compelled to stop mixing and give you props immediately before continuing. Even though I've been recording for 40+ years, I'm deep in the learning curve for more professional mixing skills. Only late in life have I had the tools. I grasped this one quickly, and was getting what I wanted in no time.
Your teaser vid for this one reminded me that I have so many Melda plugs to investigate still. I'm still stoked to have them all. :tu:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Thank you!! :love:
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”