Acon Digital Multiply support topic

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiply

mmmmmmm, understand, thanks to enlight Me! ;-)

This is an innovative plugin, with great sound! EQs, reverbs, delays, filters, etc give you many detailed controls, but most chorus effects are the same: delay, depth, rate and spread, and can sound muddy when pushed. Congrats to Acon for rethinking the chorus, with rate and depth for AM and FM, voices, an eq with a very clever way to shape curves, and great sounding presets! For Thinking Outside the Box, and clean sound, this is my pick for best KVR-DC plugin.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Michael L wrote:This is an innovative plugin, with great sound! EQs, reverbs, delays, filters, etc give you many detailed controls, but most chorus effects are the same: delay, depth, rate and spread, and can sound muddy when pushed. Congrats to Acon for rethinking the chorus, with rate and depth for AM and FM, voices, an eq with a very clever way to shape curves, and great sounding presets! For Thinking Outside the Box, and clean sound, this is my pick for best KVR-DC plugin.
Thank you very much for your nice comments and your vote, Michael! Much appreciated. 8)

Best,
Stian

This is my favorite fx in this challenge !
Good job !!!

NB: Another great idea would be to update your VST effect chainer (with vst3 support and L/R insert vstfx capability ). Perhaps soon ?

Toph.

subderground wrote:This is my favorite fx in this challenge !
Good job !!!

NB: Another great idea would be to update your VST effect chainer (with vst3 support and L/R insert vstfx capability ). Perhaps soon ?

Toph.
I'm very glad to hear that, thanks for your vote! :) It is very probable that we will release another chainer. Probably a free one as well as a commercial version with additional features.

Best,
Stian

I really like this chorus effect, it is very innovative and very usable. I love the flexibility of it.

The CPU overhead is between 10% - 20% (ish), depending on settings on my Studio One x64 setup, so it is not by any means prohibitive.

Thank you Acon Digital for this amazing free VST effect.
It has my vote as the top entry :tu:

RockinLily wrote:I really like this chorus effect, it is very innovative and very usable. I love the flexibility of it.

The CPU overhead is between 10% - 20% (ish), depending on settings on my Studio One x64 setup, so it is not by any means prohibitive.

Thank you Acon Digital for this amazing free VST effect.
It has my vote as the top entry :tu:
Thank you very much for your vote! :) The CPU overhead sounds high, though. Even with all 6 voices enabled and a buffer size of 256 samples, the CPU meter stays between 3 and 4% here on a modest computer with an i5...

Best,
Stian

stian wrote:[
The CPU overhead sounds high, though. Even with all 6 voices enabled and a buffer size of 256 samples, the CPU meter stays between 3 and 4% here on a modest computer with an i5...
Sorry, it was a bit of an over simplification when I said 10-20% ish.

I found that using multiply as an insert on a simple guitar audio track the CPU (as measured by the Studio One performance tool) was between 5% - 12% (12% being with 6 voices dialed in).

However, when used as an insert on a midi loop played through 4Front Rhode VST, the CPU overhead increased to 8% - 17% (highest figure with 6 voices), again measured the same way.
My computer is a more modest spec than the one that you mention; being dual core AMD Athlon but 64 bit.

Either way, there are no problems at all with Multiply and it is very usable with good quality sound 8)
The CPU overhead is a lot lower than Digital Verberate CM, which has a CPU overhead of 20% +
(again an oversimplification), but again is still very usable as well.

Multiply is excellent. Great Job!
Fight Apathy or don't.

Stopani wrote:Multiply is excellent. Great Job!
Thanks!! 8)

RockinLily wrote:
stian wrote:Sorry, it was a bit of an over simplification when I said 10-20% ish.

I found that using multiply as an insert on a simple guitar audio track the CPU (as measured by the Studio One performance tool) was between 5% - 12% (12% being with 6 voices dialed in).

However, when used as an insert on a midi loop played through 4Front Rhode VST, the CPU overhead increased to 8% - 17% (highest figure with 6 voices), again measured the same way.
My computer is a more modest spec than the one that you mention; being dual core AMD Athlon but 64 bit.

Either way, there are no problems at all with Multiply and it is very usable with good quality sound 8)
The CPU overhead is a lot lower than Digital Verberate CM, which has a CPU overhead of 20% +
(again an oversimplification), but again is still very usable as well.
Thanks for clarifying that!

Best,
Stian

congratulation for the 1th place !
My Recording Studio http://www.echopark.at

Congratulations to the winner ;)

:party: :clap:

A worthy winner. Thanks for releasing such a great plugin as freeware!

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”