Latest Builds in August: 2570

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MorpherX wrote:Hi Urs,

many thanks for also updating Zebra HZ.
Although I bought it because of the upcoming Zebra 3 I use it because I have it and now even more.
Beside this, will a beta version of Zebra 3 appear this year ?
Maybe Zebra 3 could have nested sub-pages in order to prevent to much tab-pages ?

Thanks again and best regards !
Well, as long as we're fixing things we're not working on Zebra3… so this year is not very likely for any major development :oops:

As I wrote elsewhere, what we're fixing is almost entirely related to computers, hosts and plug-ins moving into multiprocessor territory over the past few years. Another culprit is the move of operating systems into more safety, restricting what executables are allowed to do. These things have caused a lot of side effects which may occur only at random times, e.g. if switching a preset happens at the same time on one CPU core as a filter is calculated on another. Old plug-in formats were not designed with this is mind, while those that are (VST3, AAX), cause us other headaches. What happens is, one out of a thousand users experiences a crash. Another one runs into a glitch where a preset suddenly sounds different. Yet another user experiences excessive CPU consumption.

It took me a while to see the whole picture, because these things are very hard to reproduce - they simply never happened to me. This is why we now have Michael, who spends his whole day (!) torturing our plug-ins to find ways to do so. Quite depressingly, he finds a lot of them - and not just in our plug-ins, also in hosts.

On a positive note, we're on a really good track now - most crash bugs are squashed and what's left over are merely cosmetic glitches :)

As for tabbing in Zebra3 - we will most certainly keep Zebra's workflow as is, but we will add a few optional features. We're thinking of detachable panels where MSEGs and such could live in their own windows.

rod_zero wrote:That being said Changing presets by MIDI progrram change no longer shows preset Bank and program number in the preset display. Is this intended? It was usefull to check info.
Oops… that would be a new glitch…

In addition to what I said before, often a fix for a multithreading issue requires a deep change in the data flow. Those changes often come with a pack of new problems. In this case, fixing a potential crash bug during preset change caused an issue that would not update the preset browser with the current preset. Which then was fixed, but obviously had yet another side effect by hiding the bank/program numbers.

Thankfully by far most of these things are rather benign. But that's also why it's so important that as many people as possible check those builds out and leave their feedback :)

GREAT! I mean GREAT!

All the previous bug have been fixed!

No more patch problem in Diva and Zebra!

And the new GUI for DIVA is awesome, really clear and good lucking! Plus the new oscilloscope :P

Looking forward for a new clear GUI for zebra, maybe in Zebra 3, and the GUI resize improvement!
God save the Groove!

Urs wrote:
rod_zero wrote:That being said Changing presets by MIDI progrram change no longer shows preset Bank and program number in the preset display. Is this intended? It was usefull to check info.
Oops… that would be a new glitch…

In addition to what I said before, often a fix for a multithreading issue requires a deep change in the data flow. Those changes often come with a pack of new problems. In this case, fixing a potential crash bug during preset change caused an issue that would not update the preset browser with the current preset. Which then was fixed, but obviously had yet another side effect by hiding the bank/program numbers.

Thankfully by far most of these things are rather benign. But that's also why it's so important that as many people as possible check those builds out and leave their feedback :)
I guess you have already built up the biggest black box test team worlwide here :D
Maybe you should think about a website where:

-) users can leave feedbacks to bugs
-) a form e.g. with categories and other needed fields exists
-) those information can be then processed and refined automatically with reports and tools
-) if you like transparency, some online stats can be generated automatically

We recently had a similar situation in my company, where we introduced something similar with Bugzilla and our clients.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

woodsdenis wrote:
anp27 wrote:I logged into the Support section on the main u-he website but I don't see the downloads for Zebra HZ. Any help?
Same here sent a support ticket.
Fixed, fantastic support, tx Rob. :tu:
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

deft_bonz wrote:Maybe you should think about a website where:
We're already continuously discussing how to improve everything, from the website presentation to user administration, and also how to interact with clients in the most efficient and productive way in case something goes wrong. Thank you for the valuable input and for the mind map!
woodsdenis wrote:Fixed, fantastic support, tx Rob.
You're welcome! ;)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

deft_bonz wrote:I guess you have already built up the biggest black box test team worlwide here :D
Maybe you should think about a website where:

-) users can leave feedbacks to bugs
-) a form e.g. with categories and other needed fields exists
-) those information can be then processed and refined automatically with reports and tools
-) if you like transparency, some online stats can be generated automatically

We recently had a similar situation in my company, where we introduced something similar with Bugzilla and our clients.
Hehe, yeah, we're slowly getting there. There will eventually be a form to report bugs, and a bunch of people will eventually get access to our bug tracker.

Unfortunately our bug tracker is currently mingled with our customer support system and database.

We're not yet at the point where paying for testing is an option. However, we do wish to deploy a reward system for people who are active testers.

By the way, why change the knob labels in oscillator octave to degree symbol, as in 32° where normally “feet” is a prime symbol as in 32′ ?

ho66it wrote:
Urs wrote:
richardb09 wrote:Love the higher res GUI, I have never had a problem or seen any bugs in Diva on my MacBook/Logic Pro9 so far.
Diva has always been very stable and pretty much issue free for me. Still appreciate the upgrades.
I was hoping that in this upgrade there would be the 10% resize option like Bazille has, maybe next upgrade?

Keep up the great work.
Love Diva
Love Bazille
10% resize coming :)
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Great Urs, do we look for the update in this thread in the near future?
Can't wait. :tu:

Did you improve the installers themselves? They appeared to install incredibly quickly...
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Adrian B wrote:By the way, why change the knob labels in oscillator octave to degree symbol, as in 32° where normally “feet” is a prime symbol as in 32′ ?
Oh… I'll have a word with Basti once he's back from vacation :hihi:

In both Zebra and ZebraHZ controller "Breath" CC2 doesn't work anymore for me. In Diva it's working fine.

Checked with Cubase 7.5, Ableton 9.13, and SaviHost, all 64 bit.
I'm using VST2 64 bit versions on Win7/64.

Peace,
Gerald
EAT - SLEEP - SYNTH
http://soundcloud.com/pocvecem

medienhexer wrote:Did you improve the installers themselves? They appeared to install incredibly quickly...
I know nothing about that.

On Mac however yes, we switched from PackageMaker to packagebuild/productbuild command line tools. This has turned installer creation from nightmare into bliss, so I wouldn't be too surprised if it also turned the installation process into something merely pleasant.

Myself I never see the installers because when I compile my changes things automagically end up in the right place.

We only know there's still that awkward "install for all users on this computer" dialog - which we explicietly turned off, yet it still comes up.

pocvecem wrote:In both Zebra and ZebraHZ controller "Breath" CC2 doesn't work anymore for me. In Diva it's working fine.

Peace,
Gerald
Will fix swiftly!

Urs wrote:
pocvecem wrote:In both Zebra and ZebraHZ controller "Breath" CC2 doesn't work anymore for me. In Diva it's working fine.

Peace,
Gerald
Will fix swiftly!
Thanks! :tu:
EAT - SLEEP - SYNTH
http://soundcloud.com/pocvecem

Return to “u-he”