Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Btw, are those saw symbols under the controls for the square wave?
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anyway, I am NOT saying Vangelis sounds like crap, I just don't like his music, it doesn't appeal to me.
Thats not a problem of course.. ..just like the fact that i love his stuff..
..but sorry that this makes me look like a groupie in your eyes.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

valerian_777 wrote:
Anyway, I am NOT saying Vangelis sounds like crap, I just don't like his music, it doesn't appeal to me.
Thats not a problem of course.. ..just like the fact that i love his stuff..
..but sorry that this makes me look like a groupie in your eyes.
I said it in a humorous way :) I am just a bit tired of Vangelis, Jarre, etc., they are hyped in my view...

fluffy_little_something wrote:So? That's the old and wrong assumption that one has to do better oneself before one is allowed to criticize others...
For instance I can say that the food I am being served at a restaurant tastes like crap. And I can say that even though I don't know how to cook at all myself.

True, there would be no reviewers/critics and sports commentators if they all had to be better than the people they were reviewing!
If they were we would expect them to be the ones performing.

Nay mind, it would not do for us all to be the same. celebrate diversity and the right to bad taste! :D

fluffy_little_something wrote:I just noticed from that photo that the performance sliders are not really linear sliders, but circular ones, no matter what they are called. I assume that is why they look so odd in the software, light and shadow are not correct when pushing those controls north...
Actually the page I got that picture from has a very interesting PDF on the CS80 that I just finished reading. It mentions that those sliders are actually pots mounted perpendicular to the front panel, among many other things. Good read for a little history and detail on the CS-80; definitely from a fan. ;)

Rob James G wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:So? That's the old and wrong assumption that one has to do better oneself before one is allowed to criticize others...
For instance I can say that the food I am being served at a restaurant tastes like crap. And I can say that even though I don't know how to cook at all myself.

True, there would be no reviewers/critics and sports commentators if they all had to be better than the people they were reviewing!

Nay mind, it would not do for us all to be the same. celebrate diversity and the right to bad taste! :D
Thats not the point.
The problem are not honest profound reviewers or critism but some sort of ugly guy who like to insult.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Oh!, it's a bloke?

valerian_777 wrote:
Rob James G wrote:

Thats not the point.
The problem are not honest profound reviewers or critism but some sort of ugly guy who like to insult.
I don't know what your problem is. I don't have to be a profound reviewer in order to state that I simply don't like his music because it is kitschy and bombastic to me.

He probably is a virtuoso, but that doesn't mean his music is good. It is the same with bass players. There are some very fast and wild bass players out there and there is a huge crowd following them just because they know those players are considered the best, probably thinking they are role models to follow. But to me that doesn't matter. What matters to me is whether their bass playing appeals to me. I don't care about virtuosity, but musicality.

That is why I said what I said.

And yes, of course I am male. This is KVR after all :roll: Should I pick a Corvette or a naked girl as an avatar just because I am male? Guess what, I love plush animals, and I am not even gay :hihi:

Vangelis is capable of bombast, he is also capable of great subtlety, in order of magnitude greater than the majority of pop stars. Strange then that make the statement regarding musicality, Vangelis is all about musicality, he isn't technically gifted in the classic sense. He cannot even read music. Nonetheless he is a brilliant musician and composer. That said you do not like Classical music so I seriously doubt you would like his more subtle works (which aren't classical based, but they aren't rhythmic pop either).

There are lady Synth players you know geezer, some of them may like Corvettes, others will like naked ladies!

Hey! Gay? Me neither! Why i have to explain that all the time?

:)
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

I have heard various pieces of his over the decades, but they never appealed to me, neither his bombastic stuff, nor his "subtle" stuff. Just like the Beatles have never appealed to me, no matter what they did, and despite so many people saying they were the best.

It's just a matter of taste.

And no, 99% of classical music doesn't touch me either, it sounds cold, constructed, and boring to me. Like maths in a way.

How math can be boring?
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

valerian_777 wrote:Image
Hey! Gay? Me neither! Why i have to explain that all the time?

:)
Yeah, right, all men are the same and have the same interests, else they are gay :roll:

valerian_777 wrote:How math can be boring?
8) :hihi:

Pointless to keep banging on about what you do not like.
Why not get back to the topic: ME80.

Return to “Instruments”