Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rob James G wrote:Pointless to keep banging on about what you do not like.
Why not get back to the topic: ME80.
Indeed, I don't even remember how that off-topic crap started :hihi:

There is a preset where the sound moves back and forth between left and right to a certain extent. I don't see any pan controls or modulation matrix with panorama as a target. How does it work?

Ok....back on the subject of ME80, I just wanted to chip in and say thanks gunnare for a fabulous free update. The GUI looks just great on my laptop (I know that won't be the same for everybody) and really gives me a visual sense of the original instrument. I know only sound really matters but, for me, when dealing with emulations, I like to have a sense of the look and feel as well as the sound of the original. This just ticks all the boxes for me.

fluffy_little_something wrote: There is a preset where the sound moves back and forth between left and right to a certain extent. I don't see any pan controls or modulation matrix with panorama as a target. How does it work?
I'm not about to start giving lessons but for a start:
See the false LCD screen, to the left of that: Delay level >Sync>right 2x.
You can accentuate the stereo ping pong effect. Also Chorus accentuates stereo effect, changes chorus speed & amount will change how noticeable it is. Sub oscillator sync timing also changes stereo effect.
Changes many of the settings will increase/enhance or reduce stereo effect. You can increase a sense of depth but adding a notch in the equalization around 2khz, this will enhance the depth effect, giving distance or bring the sound forward by doing the reverse.
Get a sound with a good ping pong effect then play with both the LPF and you will hear how the stereo is more pronounced by accentuating frequencies.
Also play with the ring modulation and sub oscillator sections, you can really change the stereo effects in a big way with this synth.

You need to play with it a lot, and/or read the manual. :D

Since when is Vangelis in a thread about a CS80 (emulation) off-topic?
Or do you mean your gay stuff? :oops:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Effects, ok. But I thought there might be some way to modulate the panning itself, the oscillators. Never mind, since recalling ME80 2.x user patches does not seem to work in my DAW, I can't use aftertouch, the GUI is still quite exhausting for my eyes after a quarter of an hour and there also are simply too many parameters for my taste (hence too time-consuming), I have removed the synth now. I guess it is just not for me as someone has already said earlier. But I am sure it will be great for other people :tu: :)

valerian_777 wrote:
I don't know, it wasn't me expressing surprise I am not a woman, or posting Liberace pics 8)

Fluffy,
Why did I bother! :dog:

Rob James G wrote:Fluffy,
Sorry, I should have made it clearer that I was wondering about the oscillators themselves, not effects. Shall I donate a dollar for the time you wasted writing your reply? I guess I still have some money left on my PP account :hihi:

fluffy_little_something wrote:
valerian_777 wrote:
I don't know, it wasn't me expressing surprise I am not a woman, or posting Liberace pics 8)
It's like genie in a bottle.. ..everytime someone says "I'm not gay" you can be sure Liberace pop up. :P
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Was he? :)

Rob James G wrote:Fluffy,
Sorry, I should have made it clearer that I was wondering about the oscillators themselves, not effects. Shall I donate a dollar for the time you wasted writing your reply? I guess I still have some money left on my PP account :hihi:
Fluffy, you deleted the synth, need I say more.

Rob James G wrote:Fluffy, you deleted the synth, need I say more.
Again, sorry you wasted time on me :( I had posted my questions more than an hour before you posted your reply. I had a disenchantment attack in the meantime and deleted it :?

Anyway, I am out of this thread, good night :)

Clearly ME80 was not for that individual.

I could never be disenchanted by ME80!
You do need a way to produce aftertouch, as Gunnar has pointed out this can even be a reassigned expression pedal. I've heard that some people even use reassigned game joysticks and this can be done in Reaper, but that is a very clunky method. Breath control, expression pedal, channel AT and poly AT all allow two hands to remain on the keyboard while playing.

It is a lovely synth and exceptional emulation.

The VSP-330r2 mentioned/linked in this thread is a lovely compliment for Blade Runner type sound. Of course that is only one way you can use this excellent synth.

I can easily get lost in this synth for hours,I am loving it more and more.I had been so wrapped in memorymoon I had never really played with ME80 :dog:
Nice patches too Rob :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Thanks Jetherobull
Your 2 patches is there too in the pad section. P_Roach patches. You are all from UK this time. Chris, Rob, and you. The memorymoon and messiah on the other hand have most users from Germany.
There is a preset where the sound moves back and forth between left and right to a certain extent. I don't see any pan controls or modulation matrix with panorama as a target. How does it work?
That is the Chorus/tremolo section. Yamaha CS80 used a 3rd party Chorus/tremolo unit produced by Panasonic. According to Max Fazio it is there mostly to simulate Rotary Speaker effect, or Leslie.
Chorus and Tremolo is the same effect, the only difference is the speed. Chorus is slow, and Tremolo is fast. Panning is a part of the effect. So if you want slow Leslie from "the factory organ" patch, just switch off tremolo, so that only chorus remains activated. In version 1.0 Max Fazio insisted on making a crossfade between the speeds, so that it would accelarate and slow down just like a real leslie. Version 2.0 is more like the original.

The Mixcraft6 patch store problem is confirmed, and Chris has looked at it. No solution yet. Mixcraft has their own format for storing patches.

One user sent a mail about error message when loading the ME80v2_extra bank into Sonar. Mac and ME80 AU version. We found out that the bank format "fxb" is not supported by Mac when running AU versions.

All the best
gunnare

Return to “Instruments”