4front TruePianos - Cannot activate on Mavericks - No support from developer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

Maybe someone knows how to activate TruePianos on OSX 10.9 (Mavericks). Installation runs well, but when I start the software I cannot enter the serial, because TruePianos crashes (freezes).

Sadly the support doesn't answer my emails. Wrote them 3 times. Is 4front still alive?

I bought this software January this year, and at the moment it seems I've thrown 200 bucks away :cry: :cry: :cry:
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Hey deft-bonz, sorry I cannot help you with the Mavericks install, but may be able to help in another way.

First - did you check your spam (junk) folder for a reply? This is very often a reason why one thinks they are not getting a response.

Second - Have you looked at this page for possible cause/solution (Probably so but in case not.):
http://www.truepianos.com/support.php

Third - most devs prefer contact from their contact page at the site. Often, like you, they get tons of spam and something may have been filtered out.

If you have not already, try contacting 4Front through the contact us page on the link I provided above.

HTH

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

dsan@mail.com wrote:Hey deft-bonz, sorry I cannot help you with the Mavericks install, but may be able to help in another way.

First - did you check your spam (junk) folder for a reply? This is very often a reason why one thinks they are not getting a response.
Yes. Sadly there wasn't any email from them in my spam folder.

dsan@mail.com wrote:Second - Have you looked at this page for possible cause/solution (Probably so but in case not.):
http://www.truepianos.com/support.php
Yes, but no solution found there.

dsan@mail.com wrote:Third - most devs prefer contact from their contact page at the site. Often, like you, they get tons of spam and something may have been filtered out.

If you have not already, try contacting 4Front through the contact us page on the link I provided above.
That's how I did it three times.

I haven't use TP since upgrading to Mavericks. I started it up just now and had to re-auth, which I think had more to do with upgrading my drive to SSD, but in any case, I ran the standalone version of TP on mavericks, it popped up the auth screen, I entered my details and it authorized immediately, no problems at all. I don't think there is a Mavericks problem there.

TP is an awesome piano and I have no regrets whatsoever about buying it, but I will also note that the folks selling it are most definitely MIA. Years ago we used to hear from them constantly that they were working on something new that was going to surpass the competition, etc, and then suddenly they fell off the face of the planet and we haven't heard anything from them in years. it makes me wonder if they are mostly just collecting some residual income through the internet from this fabulous software (and it is fabulous), but without actually backing it up with actual support. Mind you, I've never needed any support. I still think its a fabulous piano and I'd still recommend it, but I think at this point in time people do need to bear in mind that it may not actually be supported very well.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

one thing to try, did you install all the updates before attempting to run it? I notice that 1.9.4 included some updates for Lion and ML, and their last update was 1.9.5, which is what I am running. Try installing all the updates before trying to auth it. If that fails. uninstall the whole thing, remove all possible traces of the program, and reinstall it again, with all the updates, then try to auth.

It certainly plays fine on Mavericks so it looks like the problem is with the authorisation routine.

well like I said, I ran the auth routine just now in Mavericks.

The last update (1.9.5 build 2817) was released 24 Oct 2012. I, too, purchased this in January 2014, but installed in on whichever version of Mavericks was available 6 months ago (currently on 10.9.4) and it installed and registered without incident, so I don't think it's an inherent OS issue. I've never had any need to contact support, so I can't speak to their timeliness.

Hope this works out for you.

Some instruments need to be authorised through the standalone version.

If your problems were with the VST or AU versions, tryauthorising the standalone.

HTH

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

I just downloaded TruePianos 1.9.5 and installed and authorized it with no problems on my iMac with Mavericks 10.9.4. I installed it, ran the standalone, entered my registered name (not my email address,) and my password. Then I quit, installed the Amber module, and restarted the standalone and started playing. It also loads and runs okay in Logic Pro X 10.0.7.

Very strange. I just installed the latest version 1.9.5 and I couldn't go thru the authorisation. It freezed there. I'll try to uninstall, then install 1.9.4, authorise, then update to 1.9.5

Almost forgot to update you guys.

I reinstalled the software, this time I opened up the plugin in Logic X first (instead of the standalone application), entered the credentials (copy paste doesn't work) et voilà: IT WORX!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Don't know why, but it works! :love: :love: :love:

Kudos deft_bonz for your stamina and dilligence in working through this :tu:

Glad you were able to get it working. ;)

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Is 4front still alive?
I was wondering the same thing - mainly because I was considering a purchase as well.

Here is the answer from the support:

Hi,

TruePianos is not dead but development has been slow and at times standing still. The individuals who made TruePianos (which I’m part of) have several projects they work on most of the time. TruePianos development gets some time allocated when there are no active projects and since it’s been a busy few years development has been slow. Two v2 modules have been in development for some time now but it’s very hard to give an indication when those will be released. Some new features are planned for the standalone version of which one major one is largely finalised. A new GUI was planned for some time but I’m not sure that that will happen anytime soon. The v2.0 engine is however mostly finalised and already is present in the current release (it’s used when the Atlantis module is loaded).

So currently we have at least 2 new modules planned and some improvements to the standalone version. I cannot give an estimate on release dates though and it’s up to you to decide if TruePianos in it’s current form is good enough for you or not.

Thanks,
Roel

Quite interesting: Roel just answered a comment on TruePiano's KVR site...
BTW, 4 years ago I had an email exchange with him, where he explained they were holding back V2 because of computer power, and that the V2-preview (Atlantis in 1.9, not availlable when we wrote) is also to test how people react to the increased demand. Would like to know, how many people over here have computers older than 4 years? Do you have issues with Atlantis?
Regardy, Hardy

Return to “Instruments”