suggest me a versatile free synth for electronic/synthpop

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fluffy_little_something wrote:Wow, that's cheap, just 34 dollars :o Maybe Z3TA+3 is about to be launched 8)
I don't think so... This bargain is only by PluginBoutique, not Cakewalk themselves. And beware... only until Sunday night!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Ah right, an external shop. And it is 34 euros, not dollars. But still a good offer. I wonder what the catch is...

thank you everyone for your suggestions. i will check each one.

i'm looking for a free one because i'm no professional and i'm somewhat new to song writing, wanting to learn how to arrange songs more than getting the perfect sounds.

i suppose i could spend up to $30 if there's some synths that are worth it in this price range.
Last edited by imnotnick on Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So you might look for a synth that comes with good factory presets :)

Dimension-Pro is currently $15 on the Cakewalk store.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Ah right, an external shop. And it is 34 euros, not dollars. But still a good offer. I wonder what the catch is...
I got zeta 2 for 25€. :P As an update from version 1 though. But for those neither owning version 1 nor 2, that's a great offer.

Yes, I've just received their e-mail.

And the deal is available for new customers having anything yet registered at Cakewalk ! So those who have not it... take the opportunity !
Don't take care of the link to Dimension LE which is on the same page. The real bargain here is Dimension Pro ! Its usual cost is €250!!! Here it is at only €15!

And at Cakewalk the protection is simply a serial number, nothing else. No challenge/Response, no dongle... just a serial number.

You wanted an almost universal synth for free or close to free? You have it!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Well said. :D

But that's more of a rompler than a synth, right?

sonar le is free in one of the issues of either beat or computer music so get that issue as well through zinio if computer music and you unfortunately would have to buy a physical copy of beat to get it.

vst4free.com has a ton of free synths also bedroomproducersblog.com

fluffy_little_something wrote:But that's more of a rompler than a synth, right?
It's as well a synth as a rompler, Fluffy.

It's much more than a simple rompler!

I suggest you to read the review that made Sound On Sound in 2006 (and the synth has been updated in 2010 with many new improvements).

There are also many extension packs of very high quality which are available in addition to the 1500 presets provided in standard with the synth.

In fact, regarding the "rompler part", for acoustic instruments I get with it incredible sounds much more realistic and much more alive than with Sampletank!!! Not only I have definitively turned my back from the marketing politics of that italian company of which I have even forgotten the name but also... since I have discovered Dimension Pro few months ago I realize how much I reproduce far better the acoustic instruments!

But as I said, Dimension Pro is not only a rompler... it is a real synthesizer, using the wavetable synthesis. And I use it essentially as this: wavetable synthesis! Here is an extract of the webpage:
Dimension Pro's engine is a multifunctional engine, providing capabilities for several types of synthesis under one hood, including multisample rendering, wavetable synthesis, REX playback and manipulation, waveguide synthesis, and an extensive DSP library of effects.

Like all digital instruments, Dimension Pro's engine relies on extensive audio resampling in order to generate musical instrument sounds. Dimension Pro's engine resampling leads the industry in clean, anti-aliased real-time sound production for multisample audio playback. (Aliasing is unfavorable digital distortion inherent in the process of resampling).

Dimension Pro's wavetable synthesis provides a resampling technique, which comes even closer to anti-aliasing perfection than multisample rendering. Wavetable synthesis utilizes a single, inaudible, one-cycle waveform, and through analysis and resampling, synthesizes this sound across the entire MIDI key-range. This process is similar in some respects to the propagation of simple waveforms found in analog modes of synthesis.
And it's also vectorial with its XY joystick control between four sources. We are close to the type of synth in the kind of Korg Wavestation.

For €15 euro, one must be crazy to not profit of that incredible bargain!

cubanoid wrote:Dimension-Pro is currently $15 on the Cakewalk store.

Wow, well this week I decided that I wouldn't buy anything. . . and THEN everything went on sale... First it was Plug n Mix. Then a deal in the marketplace. Now this. I need to decide not to buy things more often so that more sales come haha

arkmabat wrote:
cubanoid wrote:Dimension-Pro is currently $15 on the Cakewalk store.

Wow, well this week I decided that I wouldn't buy anything. . . and THEN everything went on sale... First it was Plug n Mix. Then a deal in the marketplace. Now this. I need to decide not to buy things more often so that more sales come haha
I suggest you to have a good thought for you and for all your KVR friends: take a brand new diary 2014/2015, and at each one of the 365 pages, write:
"No, today I won't buy anything!"
:D

I start to use\discovered Synth1 and I'm very satisfied... Suggested...

BlackWinny wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:But that's more of a rompler than a synth, right?
It's as well a synth as a rompler, Fluffy.

It's much more than a simple rompler!

I suggest you to read the review that made Sound On Sound in 2006 (and the synth has been updated in 2010 with many new improvements).

There are also many extension packs of very high quality which are available in addition to the 1500 presets provided in standard with the synth.

In fact, regarding the "rompler part", for acoustic instruments I get with it incredible sounds much more realistic and much more alive than with Sampletank!!! Not only I have definitively turned my back from the marketing politics of that italian company of which I have even forgotten the name but also... since I have discovered Dimension Pro few months ago I realize how much I reproduce far better the acoustic instruments!

But as I said, Dimension Pro is not only a rompler... it is a real synthesizer, using the wavetable synthesis. And I use it essentially as this: wavetable synthesis! Here is an extract of the webpage:
Dimension Pro's engine is a multifunctional engine, providing capabilities for several types of synthesis under one hood, including multisample rendering, wavetable synthesis, REX playback and manipulation, waveguide synthesis, and an extensive DSP library of effects.

Like all digital instruments, Dimension Pro's engine relies on extensive audio resampling in order to generate musical instrument sounds. Dimension Pro's engine resampling leads the industry in clean, anti-aliased real-time sound production for multisample audio playback. (Aliasing is unfavorable digital distortion inherent in the process of resampling).

Dimension Pro's wavetable synthesis provides a resampling technique, which comes even closer to anti-aliasing perfection than multisample rendering. Wavetable synthesis utilizes a single, inaudible, one-cycle waveform, and through analysis and resampling, synthesizes this sound across the entire MIDI key-range. This process is similar in some respects to the propagation of simple waveforms found in analog modes of synthesis.
And it's also vectorial with its XY joystick control between four sources. We are close to the type of synth in the kind of Korg Wavestation.

For €15 euro, one must be crazy to not profit of that incredible bargain!
2006, 2010, maybe there will be an update for that plugin in 2014 :wink:

I will pass, not only is it way too big a file for my mobile Internet access to download, somehow Cakewalk synths never interested me, just like with Papen stuff...

Return to “Instruments”