I guess I should........

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Finally put the phanteks fan on my cpu? :roll: :oops:

The stock fan works perfectly, but the mobo is not really good about setting the speeds.....so with the warmer weather it WHINES worse than me :shrug:

I'm just afraid that after getting the monstrosity out and going through all that it will still be noisy because the mobo won't keep my fan settings :roll:

EDIT: This went great. Fantastic product :)
Last edited by hibidy on Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

There are low noise fans,i like the Noctua (and cooler) ones they are more expensive but exactly worth, for that matter.

Heat is the number one reason to kill electronics,a efficient airflow is a must.

It's also worth to carefully remove the dust inside the case from time to time, after a year or so,i'm using a vacuum cleaner and a brush.

You shouldn't have a problem using a bigger cooler because of it's size the fans are running slower anyway,just take care to install it carefully.
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

yeah, I need to do it. I thin the phanteks I got is rated pretty quiet. But I look at the instructions and it's like :scared:

Ok here is the hibidy save guidance. :D

What i would do.

Prepare a place with enough light to see everything.

If it's possible during the process occasionally grab something out of metal to make yourself antistatic,a heater or whatever,specially before you touch your electronic parts.

Disconnect anything,unscrew your board and put the screws in pairs so that you can easily identify them.
Put the board out.

Clean the board and parts carefully with a vaccum claner and a brush,be careful to not come to near to the parts with the cleaner.

Unmount your junk cooler.

Clean the CPU with 70 % alcohol to wipe away the old thermal paste.
Don't use anything else than alcohol.

After cleaning,look in the manual (maybe there is a youtube vid too) on how to mount the cooler.

Wash your hands and put a ricegrain size thermal paste on a finger.
Rub it on the CPU,very thin but as much that you can't see the CPU top anymore.

Mount the socket.

Mount the cooler.

Now,when you tighten the screws,tighten them always as a pair from the opposite site.
Begin with with some few cycles and go from one screw to another until the cooler is tight.
Do not tighten one screw right at the beginning.
This way you can be sure that the cooler sits in middle of the CPU.

Assemble your parts.

After restarting the computer take care that you have enough fans installed and that you got a minimal airflow inside the case,from one side to another.

have fun. :)
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Cheers!

Airflow ain't no thang :) In fact, case temp is never more than 35c.

Well........so I pulled this thing out thinking in the next day or two I'll get'erdone and :o

Wow, that is complex :scared:

It's much bigger than I thought it was, I mean, so big, I'm not even sure if it will fit :?

I think I'll look into a smaller one :hihi:

Holy crap! What is this?????????

http://www.nofancomputer.com/eng/products/CR-95C.php

They are right aroun 100 bucks, that thing looks HUGE! I can't imagine it working very well.

I do a spec based around that nofan, it works pretty well. It's rated to around 95w so it'll handle a stock regular (non "k" series") i7 although I prefer to put "T" series chips in to give it an easy life.

Kaine wrote:I do a spec based around that nofan, it works pretty well. It's rated to around 95w so it'll handle a stock regular (non "k" series") i7 although I prefer to put "T" series chips in to give it an easy life.
I think mine is a 4770 k though. Seriously, I'm kinda pissed because all I need is something a tad better than the stock fan. The phantek is CONFUSING and I'm not even sure it will fit a 1150 for certain.

Yeah, I can't figure this thing out, it's just WAY too complex. There are too many options depending on what cpu you have and it's jumbled and I cannot concentrate. I'm terrified I'm gonna futz it up.

Yes go through,system maintenance is important unless you want to throw away your parts because they're dead from too much heat,you'll need it for your future systems too.

Btw. i like to have a good portion of light.
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

:tu:

It seems SO EASY according to that. I think I saw this before :oops:

I'm jealous last computer I built was a i7 2.6 on a 1366 socket .... Still runs like a champ and I don't use VST synths that eat CPU up . I may build one when Windows 9 comes out ... I like that Intel has integrated a GPU into its CPU s now . sweet......

fedexnman wrote:I'm jealous
Don't be, this computer was really expensive and the power performance wasn't necessarily worth it. I do like the SSD though.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”