So what's the deal with fades

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Everyone,

Just curious about bit-wig and hoping that they have the intention on developing some fades soon. Currently, I believe in the audio event editor there is a fade in and fade out function but it seems to only be there for putting regions ontop of eachother that would normally cause clipping? Other than that, I hear no indication of any fade going down. How long is a bit-wig user going to have to automate their fades with volume?

EDIT: PS. Pls add the speed effect to the fade when you integrate it, its like my favorite part about logic, lol.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

PS. Pls add the speed effect to the fade when you integrate it, its like my favorite part about logic, lol.
Yes! The tape-stop style fade! That's something I miss from logic too. Funny considering it's such a small aspect of the program. So useful/fashionable though :-)

Also, whats the big deal about implementing crossfades features. Thats the onyl thing preventing bitwig for being one of the best choices for performance.

+1 for the fades and also a +1 for a dj style crossfader.
I'm a scratch dj and producer and I'm in school for mixing and mastering.
For recording and performance, I need a crossfader with adjustable curve for cutting and scratching.
I'm still hoping to upload a video demo of this with just Bitwig, No Serato, no Traktor.
I hope this gets implemented in the future. Patiently waiting on it. Having fun with the DAW otherwise.
Yii! :pray: :phones:
-wish1

You would theoretically be able to implement a crossfade via a controller script. Not as convenient as in Live, but maybe workable for the time being?
Basically you would have one fader send two signals, one going up when the other goes down and assign that to two Audio Channels or Sends Volume faders. The script could also do the curvature.
I am not sure for when a native crossfade feature is planned.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Also via the script and track's input output sections is it possible to have pre-cue thing? ( I think thats the world,not native english speaker), that thing when you lsiten the upcoming track to be mixed while the other is playing...

I guess via the script there are lots of things you can make but... so far I am thinking is quite limited as you need to be comfortable working with code and stuff and... not all of us are used to code and scripting...So as Tom said, not having a native crossfade thing is not very convenient,I mean, Bitwig would be performance King, or at least, really compete with the afromentioned and known one right now (Abl...Li...)

So yes.. would love to see this implemented not too far from now. :)

+ 1 for

- fades,
- tape-stop/vari-speed effect as a fades option,
- file/slice playback cross-fade (preventing clicks as playback moves from one audio segment into the next segment)

Regarding DJ-mixer style crossfading between two playback channels, can't this be set up by signal addressing through busses? But anyway, why not snagging the nice and convenient A/B addressing option from Live?
Greetings from Sweden
Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com
Dell i7Q 3,4 MHz 32 GB RAM. Acer ZenBook Flip. Ableton Push#1, Fractal Audio AxeFx2. EWI, Cello, Chapman Stick, Guitars, Alto Flute, Tenor Sax.

Can't you do the cue thing via a dedicated send that you route to another output where your headphone is attached and then open that send for whatever you want to pre-listen to via pre-fader? I don't DJ so I don't know if that would work?

And just for the record - what I am talking about is a workaround UNTIL an A/B option is available, I'm not saying it shouldn't have a dedicated solution. I'm very hands-on so if someone says he needs something, I automatically think about how to do it right now with what's there.
Just the way I'm built ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

fades would be welcom , workflow pain right now without these

I can't wait until all the fades come in
the audio clip fades and the A/B fader

I hope the audio clip fades are like tape stop and volume and pitch and all that stuff :) and it'd be cool to have more than one active at once
If I remember correctly on Logic you could only use one fade type
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

Yep. I dont mess with audio that much but I tried to make some pitch "glides","automations" in an audio clip and it just sound very robotic, what am i doing wrong?

Return to “Bitwig”