EQ with frequency soloing feature like FabFilter and DMG?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jrides wrote:
xtrax wrote:This is great EQ and compressor. You can turn off compressor and it is just parallel EQ, or you can combine.
Solo function with hold feature.
This seems very cool. However, I read u can't turn the ccompressor. It's a feature slated for inclusionafter Aug via a post by vlad.

Thanks much though! Will check it out.
Just turn Ratio to 1:1, and no compression.. :tu:

Turello wrote:@jrides: I have all these plugs but obviously I use mainly Sonnox and SSL! :-)

And yes, all have the solo band function!
Thats amazing! I already had half of them on my to do list. GREAT news. Thank you!
@xtrax That's exactly what I read too.Its not a pure bypass, but apparently one is coming. Either way it would work for my purpose. Close enough. It also will work for a bunch of other purposes. Thanks!

Turello wrote:@jrides: I have all these plugs but obviously I use mainly Sonnox and SSL! :-)

And yes, all have the solo band function!
I highly doubt that.
As far as I know, you can not solo bands on the Sonnox, X-EQ and Slick EQ (don't know the other ones).

Are you sure you are not confusing "soloing bands" with "bypassing bands"?

@Novalis: probably you're right, the Sonnox have the IN button for any bands, SlickEQ can't reminds, in SSL you can activate\deactivate any band and the filters (same as Sonnox and Slicke EQ)...

Do You want I send You a copy to believe it??? :x
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

soulone82 wrote:
softska wrote:Izotope product's EQ all have it for alt click.
Voxengo EQs too (though it´s ctrl instead of alt).
GlissEQ has auto-listen? I never knew. I'll have to check that out.

Turello wrote: Do You want I send You a copy to believe it??? :x
???

As I said, you are confusing "bypassing bands" with "soloing bands", which is NOT the same.
This is not my fault.

Ok but if you active just the band you need it's not the same?

otherwise you would be so kind as to explain to me the difference?
Last edited by Turello on Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No.

Try out the soloing feature on the FabFilter Q, then you will know what it is.

It's more like isolating affected frequencies in a band. If that makes sense. You bump a mix 2 dB at 5k, and only hear the 2db bump, and not the other freqs.

Well but if you are active only a band other are enough isolated, no?

imo hear only a band (like a channel in SOLO) could create more confusion...

this could be necessary in a master track (as I think) but not in a piano track for example...

All the Melda EQ plugins have auto listen, click on a band node and it will temporarily act as band pass filter while disabling all the other bands
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Turello wrote:Well but if you are active only a band other are enough isolated, no?

this could be necessary in a master track (as I think) but not in a piano track for example...
Not really that simple when activating a band. You still hear the other freqs in the song along with the 2k bump. The feature I'mlooking for Iis like you described as solo on a mixer. Other freqs in the song are "muted" so to speak. It's a fool way to let's say hunt for freqs, that offend you without being distracted by the rest of the track. That might be a more popular use.
Last edited by jrides on Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jrides wrote:
Turello wrote:Well but if you are active only a band other are enough isolated, no?

Not really that simple when activating a band. You still hear the other freqs in the song along with the 2k bump. The feature I'mlooking for Iis like you described as solo on a mixer. Other freqs in the song are "muted" so to speak. It's a fool way to let's say hunt for freqs, that offend you without being distracted by the rest of the track. That might be a more popular uee.
As mentioned above, check out the Melda EQs
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
jrides wrote:

Not really that simple when activating a band. You still hear the other freqs in the song along with the 2k bump. The feature I'mlooking for Iis like you described as solo on a mixer. Other freqs in the song are "muted" so to speak. It's a fool way to let's say hunt for freqs, that offend you without being distracted by the rest of the track. That might be a more popular uee.
As mentioned above, check out the Melda EQs
Right. I actually got a couple of free suggestions already that shouldswork. Will play with them today. :tu:

Thanks everyone.

Tried the Melda free Mequalizer. The auto listen feature works for what I am looking to do.Just a matter of sweeping frequencies after that.

Thanks again everyone.

Return to “Effects”