Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A bit miffed at plugin boutique right now. So I signed up in order to buy Z3TA+2, because that's too good a deal to pass up. Annoyingly, it defaults to Pounds, rather than Dollars, but that's a fair enough annoyance if they're in the UK. So I go to my settings to see if I can change it, and yes, there's a setting there. So I change it, and click save. Nothing. I change it, enter my password in both spots, click save. Nothing.

So I'm stuck with pounds. No matter.

I go to check out, and there's a dollar thing to click on, so I can see it should be $33.66, so I'm happy enough. I check out, and PayPal gives me the prices in pounds. Annoying again, but Plugin Boutique has told me that's $33.66, so I'm fine. Check out.

I'm charged $34.55.

Do I care about less than a buck? Not particularly, in the sense that I would have bought it if the advertised price had been $34.55.

But it pisses me off to have a business tell me they're going to charge me one thing, then charge me another.

"But Andurian, it's because of translating from Pounds to Dollars!" Well, that's why I told the story of how I did my best to change my account to dollars, but their crummy website wouldn't let me. And why I included that it was Plugin Boutique's own converter that told me I'd be paying $33.66.

Andurian wrote:A bit miffed at plugin boutique right now. So I signed up in order to buy Z3TA+2, because that's too good a deal to pass up. Annoyingly, it defaults to Pounds, rather than Dollars, but that's a fair enough annoyance if they're in the UK. So I go to my settings to see if I can change it, and yes, there's a setting there. So I change it, and click save. Nothing. I change it, enter my password in both spots, click save. Nothing.

So I'm stuck with pounds. No matter.

I go to check out, and there's a dollar thing to click on, so I can see it should be $33.66, so I'm happy enough. I check out, and PayPal gives me the prices in pounds. Annoying again, but Plugin Boutique has told me that's $33.66, so I'm fine. Check out.

I'm charged $34.55.

Do I care about less than a buck? Not particularly, in the sense that I would have bought it if the advertised price had been $34.55.

But it pisses me off to have a business tell me they're going to charge me one thing, then charge me another.

"But Andurian, it's because of translating from Pounds to Dollars!" Well, that's why I told the story of how I did my best to change my account to dollars, but their crummy website wouldn't let me. And why I included that it was Plugin Boutique's own converter that told me I'd be paying $33.66.
I can see how it's annoying. But in the end you got a $100 synthesizer for less than 35 bucks
:borg:

It is actually paypal doing the conversion and charging you more. Not sure if companies can be provided with a paypal conversion calculator, if they did it would be a more accurate checkout.

Andurian wrote:But it pisses me off to have a business tell me they're going to charge me one thing, then charge me another.
+1

Don't piss off customers by adding these small fees at the end, its' not a good strategy in the long run

Andurian wrote:Does that crossgrade work if the only Izotope product you own is one of the Trash texture expansions? :)
I'll find out on Monday.

Uncle E wrote:They fired us because we advertised the last 1-day sale too early. :(

Please write to them and ask that they bring us back on again!
Done.

Uncle E wrote:
Andurian wrote:Does that crossgrade work if the only Izotope product you own is one of the Trash texture expansions? :)
I'll find out on Monday.
Will the crossgrade work if I purchased trash 1 used?

Genetic_Junk wrote:Will the crossgrade work if I purchased trash 1 used?
You can actually get the Trash 2 Upgrade from Trash 1:

jrrshop.com/izotope-trash-2-upgrade

For anyone who is irked by the differences in payment denominations of websites and the conversion rates that paypal uses; you are more than welcome to check the country of origin where the website does business - that's the currency that you need to use to transact business, then go to your bank and get your currency exchanged and then mail the payment to the vendor. The "conversions" on websites are there as an approximate of the days currency conversion rates. They may or may not be what paypal has in their systems, depending on where and when the conversion is taking place. I could understand having an issue if the amount is more than 4% of the transaction, but anything less than that is simple arbitrage. The only people making money on the exchange rate is the bank.

With PayPal you can select "Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice". Then not PayPal but the bank needed to handle the conversion of the funds, but it came at a much lower rate 99,9% of the time.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

it's annoying with all the paypal fees, and currency conversions (Paypal must be one of the worst places to exchange money, they give crap rates)

But at least they are putting some of the money they earn into something interesting and visionary: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpaceX

I got a price of $37,10 (or £22,39 paid) for the same Z3TA+2 at PluginBoutique.

Uncle E wrote:
Genetic_Junk wrote:Will the crossgrade work if I purchased trash 1 used?
You can actually get the Trash 2 Upgrade from Trash 1:

jrrshop.com/izotope-trash-2-upgrade
Thanks for letting me know. Is the current price the standard price for the upgrade?

Just got an e-mail from Zero-G with a bunch of titles on sale for $29.99. Can anyone tell me whether it is worth getting Morphology or Altered States at this price? Thanks!

Uncle E wrote:They fired us because we advertised the last 1-day sale too early. :(

Please write to them and ask that they bring us back on again!
WTF!!!!?!?! Stink Waves... business is business, but c'mon! Twitter here I come! :x
Eternitysound VST Banks

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”