Your Favorite Mastering Eqs in 2014

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Neo EQ Grand Collection

Ops, I forget to mention probaly the most all times underrated Plugins: URS (Unique Recording Software)

Great EQs & Dynamics Processors (not only for Mastering) :love:

AC222 wrote:
wesleyt wrote:I used Pro-Q for mastering before I got Equilibrium; it is still worthy.

I picked up IK's EQ 432 in the sale, along with those gorgeous Neve emulations. The 432 is phenomenal.

I recently got Mellowmuse's EQ3V, which has some nice qualities, but I miss that it doesn't have a mid/side mode.

SlickEQ GE is also worthy of consideration; it is certainly one of the most flexible EQs out there.

If I could only pick one clean and one character for mastering, it'd be Equilibrium and the 432.
Awesome. Thanks for the post. Would you describe Mellowmuse EQ3V as a Neve sounding eq that is suitable for mastering with extra bands and fully parametric? Interesting concept but I wouldn't have thought of something as colored as a Neve for mastering.

By the way, thanks for the heads up. I contacted Gary and he got back to me. He said he's reissuing the installers for the Vintage Series so I guess something was up with the installers not working.

Cheers,

AC
I don't think the EQ3V is as colored as the 2V, nor the IK 73 or 81. It feels more subtle to me.
Seasoned IT vet, Mac user, and lover of music. Always learning.

I like the DDMF LP-10 in min phase mode for small corrections, and for coloring one of the many Nebula EQs or Satin (ok Tape sim).

wesleyt wrote:
AC222 wrote:
wesleyt wrote:I used Pro-Q for mastering before I got Equilibrium; it is still worthy.

I picked up IK's EQ 432 in the sale, along with those gorgeous Neve emulations. The 432 is phenomenal.

I recently got Mellowmuse's EQ3V, which has some nice qualities, but I miss that it doesn't have a mid/side mode.

SlickEQ GE is also worthy of consideration; it is certainly one of the most flexible EQs out there.

If I could only pick one clean and one character for mastering, it'd be Equilibrium and the 432.
Awesome. Thanks for the post. Would you describe Mellowmuse EQ3V as a Neve sounding eq that is suitable for mastering with extra bands and fully parametric? Interesting concept but I wouldn't have thought of something as colored as a Neve for mastering.

By the way, thanks for the heads up. I contacted Gary and he got back to me. He said he's reissuing the installers for the Vintage Series so I guess something was up with the installers not working.

Cheers,

AC
I don't think the EQ3V is as colored as the 2V, nor the IK 73 or 81. It feels more subtle to me.
Thanks! Exactly what I wanted to know. Glad to hear it is less colored. Unless I wanted a Pultec or Massive Passive on the 2bus I'd rather less coloration for cutting frequencies.

Master EQ 432
The high band

AC222 wrote:
lacandon wrote:
AC222 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Curious to know what your favorite mastering eqs are in 2014. I'm thinking of adding to the collection. My favorite by far is Nice Eq by Cdsoundmaster. However, that is for broad strokes and I only use it for boosting highs. The cpu hit is enormous on that but it sounds fantastic for boosting. I also have MD3 but I don't find the eq section to the most convenient, having to change back and forth between bell and shelf filters and going through different menus all the time.

Would love to see your list and any comments on why you like them. I hear the IK Sontec emulation and the Elysia MuseEq are pretty sweet. Any thoughts on these or other recommendations?
Hm the Museq is very wide sounding very clean eq but i guess is not for every master sometimes sounds way too gentle.The Sontec for me doesn't sounds good on everything..If u use Nebula there are plenty of eqs the Analog in the box Massive Passive for example.
Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. By the way, how do you use that Mammoth EQ program? I'm still learning more how to use these passive eqs effectively. I have had good luck with adding presence by boosting vocals at 3k with the Cooltec (Pultec eq) but on the master bus, unless I'm using the whole boost/attenuate trick I end up muddying up my mix. Any particular frequencies you boost or attenuate with the passive eq?
It might sounds strange to you but i use it in the combine program low mid highs just to get this tone sometimes i use it with algo massive passive or other eq and its always works for me.

electro wrote:Nobody is using the UAD Manley?
I use it nice eq it doesn't sounds close to the hw but actually sounds different and i like its open sound

It might sounds strange to you but i use it in the combine program low mid highs just to get this tone sometimes i use it with algo massive passive or other eq and its always works for me.
Cool. Thanks!

For precision I use DMG Equilibrium (my single most used plug)

Until recently, for colour I was using Softube stuff or Maag EQ4 but have just started experimenting with Nebula stuff like Modern EQ from AlexB, Doc Fear, Fate and Mammoth. They are fiddly and also a bit hit and miss but when you happen to pull up the right one for the task they can sound magical

DMG EQuilibrium and TDR SlickEQ GE, along with my hardware EQs.

I wish PSP MasterQ would become 64-bit.

My other goto EQ's; DMG audio all the way!

There have been some great Mastering Eqs made available recently.

These three are outstanding, each with its own unique quality.

DMG Equilibrium

MasterEQ 432

UAD Massive Passive

Thanks to these developers for such excellent tools.

SlickEQ, LP10, 6144

But I keep going back to Live's EQ Eight.

Equilibrium - Probably the only EQ you'll ever need.

(expensive, but if your a student like me you can get a 50% off discount)
:borg:

Return to “Effects”