Xenobioz Lucid updated to 1.01

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lucid

The way you replace a VSTI with another is simple: hover the mouse over the channel you're working on (or that you want to replace with another instrument) - in the Pattern Selector area - and right-click; select "Replace" and pick from the list the VSTI that you want. To scan for new vst instruments: "Channels" > "Add one" > "More..." > "Refresh" (select the new ones, hit refresh again and you're done: the new plugins should be listed).

So what I normally do when testing a synth: I load a FL project that contains one or 2 already made patterns. Then I right-click the channel and replace the default instrument with the synth I'm testing. In Lucid's case, if the pattern is already playing (running) it will load and put out sound just fine, if the pattern is not playing, it loads but its silent.

Judging from all that was posted here, it seems there's an issue with FL Studio specifically (since others had no such issue in other DAWs). Pity...but it happens. Anyway, best of luck in DC ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Wow! This synth looks like the cockpit of an airplane and judging by most of its presets, I bet it could be used to produce movie soundtracks and also emulate the instruments of an entire classical orchestra. And REAPER had absolutely no problem with it, afaik. Very good. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1hsqa7GI0Q

idfpower wrote: So what I normally do when testing a synth: I load a FL project that contains one or 2 already made patterns. Then I right-click the channel and replace the default instrument with the synth I'm testing. In Lucid's case, if the pattern is already playing (running) it will load and put out sound just fine, if the pattern is not playing, it loads but its silent.

Judging from all that was posted here, it seems there's an issue with FL Studio specifically (since others had no such issue in other DAWs). Pity...but it happens. Anyway, best of luck in DC ;)
Thanks!
Right clicking a channel and replacing with Lucid seems to work on my computer. :eek:
Shame it doesn't work for you though. :(
I'm using WinVista32 with just basic realtek drivers (no ASIO).

harryupbabble wrote:Wow! This synth looks like the cockpit of an airplane and judging by most of its presets, I bet it could be used to produce movie soundtracks and also emulate the instruments of an entire classical orchestra. And REAPER had absolutely no problem with it, afaik. Very good. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1hsqa7GI0Q
Thanks for the video and glad you like it. :)

Xenobioz wrote: I'm using WinVista32 with just basic realtek drivers (no ASIO).
I'm on Windows 7 32bit & using ASIO4ALL drivers - who knows what exactly is causing that behaviour...
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Im on Win7 x64, M-Audio drivers.

Its something in FL...
ImageImageImageImage

Damn, I was expecting something more similar to Kruudster. I love Kruudster, but Lucid has a very different character to it. I've barely tried the default bank. How does one load banks? Studio one here.

After installing and loading the updated version it still shows 1.0.0.0 in my DAW, is that a problem at my end ?

nr1killabee wrote:After installing and loading the updated version it still shows 1.0.0.0 in my DAW, is that a problem at my end ?
Probably not. I haven't set any version number. I don't think you can set it in SE but have to edit the dll with a resource editor.
Also I think the manual has wrong version number. It might say 1.1 instead of 1.01. :clown:
urlwolf wrote:Damn, I was expecting something more similar to Kruudster. I love Kruudster, but Lucid has a very different character to it. I've barely tried the default bank. How does one load banks? Studio one here.
Thanks. Kruudster was more chip oriented.
About importing FXBs in Studio One. Try dragging the fxb files from a folder into the right of the screen inside Studio One. That should work.
If you haven't tried yet, Kruudster also has more banks. :wink:

where are the kruudster banks?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:where are the kruudster banks?
They are included in the zip file when you download Kruudster. Called Kruudster Bank2.fxb and Kruudster Bank3.fxb .

There are no newer banks than those though if it sounded like that. I just thought if urlwolf didn't know how to load the extra banks to Lucid he might have missed the extra Kruudster banks too. :)

Probably not. I haven't set any version number. I don't think you can set it in SE but have to edit the dll with a resource editor.
Also I think the manual has wrong version number. It might say 1.1 instead of 1.01. :clown:
Ok, thanx for the info. Just realize that this is very confusing for the users of your software if the KVR download-button says another version number as the software in your DAW.
I am no developer but I guess it takes 2 minutes to change the version number in the dll.
Anyway, minor thing, it didn´t keep me awake :) Great synth, thanx for your contribution!

nr1killabee wrote: Ok, thanx for the info. Just realize that this is very confusing for the users of your software if the KVR download-button says another version number as the software in your DAW.
I am no developer but I guess it takes 2 minutes to change the version number in the dll.
Anyway, minor thing, it didn´t keep me awake :) Great synth, thanx for your contribution!
Yes you are probably right. Nobody reported that to me before so I didn't even know there was a version number. In my DAW I can't see a version number. But I'll think about it for the next update now that I know about it. :tu:

I went trough the banks. I really want to like it, but can't. I'm a Kruudster man, I guess. The knobs are not better than the sliders. And the sound... I like Kruudster better.

IMO: too many things going on in the waveshapper/dist part of the synth. It stops being a one-page synth.

Thanks for making Lucid though, I can see why many people will like it.

Went trough the 3 banks. One big change is that 95% of the presets don't use any Osc combination other than MIX. 5% use MELD or MORF. Which is a pity, it's what made Kruudster (and Lucid) unique.

I'm using a wacom tablet to edit vst guis. That is, I have the highest eye-hand coordination and precision possible on a computer. Still, editing the curves for LFOs etc is hard. Those 4x4 pixel squares are not easy to drag at all. Kills the entire flow for me. Does it not for you?

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”