Dimension Pro vs DSK

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So right now Cakewalk is doing a massive sale through Plugin Boutique. Dimension Pro is available for $15! The reviews I've seen, however, have always been lukewarm. Basically, I'd be paying for the sample set.

However, DSK has a sample set of "HQ Instruments" available in a variety of formats that I've only ever seen mentioned positively. Anyone have experiences with either product? The Dimension sale ends tomorrow, so I wanna know if it's worth it.

Dimension Pro has some really nice patches, and the sounds of the included Garitan Pocket Orchestra (LE?) are quite usable, too. Despite that, I'm still not in love with it...

If you're reaching for REALLY convincing instruments, you'd better use KONTAKT with third-party libraries...

The DSK instruments in his VSTi collection couldn't convince me (except the drum machine samples) but I don't know if the HQ collection is much better...

The Dimension sale ends tomorrow, so I wanna know if it's worth it.
Are you kidding ? Hurry before it's too late!

You'll have plenty of time to think about DSK later.
Last edited by bedjka on Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Total no brainer for $15. Good pianos, basses, pads, leads, ethnic...

I assume you mean DSF?
If you mean DSK synths, then some are okay, others are meh.
Very subjective there and YMMV.
I have a few of the DSF sets for DimPro though.
Not so impressed with the HD Pianos.
But what I think are good is the Songwriters Collection for the HD
and the regular mega 1500 sounds pack.
Many of the other libraries do give me a 'luke' warm feeling about them though.
And some are not tuned properly (but I find that more true with the Anderton Libraries than DSF).

Dimension Pro is the closest to being abandon-ware for me though
(and I blame the Anderton sets for putting it over the edge of not wanting to use it anymore).

For $15 it's indeed a no-brainer! That said, I wouldn't have bought it for $150... I got it during a sale a few years ago...

The sound sets from DSF (Digital Sound Factory) are pretty good, that's true, and they're having a 30 % discount sale sometimes...
Last edited by Tricky-Loops on Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tricky-Loops wrote:For $15 it's indeed a no-brainer! That said, I wouldn't have bought it for $150... I got it during a sale a few years ago...
Oooh that's gotta suck :dog:
:borg:

Mine came with the DAW, and a second license to boot with the version upgrade.
When I eventually re-install, I doubt if I will install it again.
But it's NFR, so I'll always 'have' them.

nineofkings wrote:So right now Cakewalk is doing a massive sale through Plugin Boutique. Dimension Pro is available for $15! The reviews I've seen, however, have always been lukewarm. Basically, I'd be paying for the sample set.
You got many options with shaping audio in Dimension Pro, so it's more like a sample based synth, than a straight Rompler.

If you live in the US, or outside EU, you can buy it straight from Cakewalk for $15 too, better than getting it from a third party vendor.

It has great synth engine without alisaing so it is good if you wanna use your samples as a waveform (but rapture can do this also...)! It is something what is actual also in 2014.

And about its patches. For 15dollars it is great, i´ve bought it yeasterday and i am happy. It sounds better than sf2 that a lot of trap producers use :hihi: , costs and takes system resources less than kontakt and it is enough for my electronica / rap based production.
It is more oldskool "sampler" with polite sound than huge booming modern sound libraries, but for its prize it is amazing. And because i know its interface from z3ta and rapture i find it very clever and well known, even if it took some time to get used to it for the first time.
This is good rompler if you wanna be creative, but if you wanna movie score sound, nexus, kontakt or some other huge libraries will do better.

Numanoid wrote:
nineofkings wrote:So right now Cakewalk is doing a massive sale through Plugin Boutique. Dimension Pro is available for $15! The reviews I've seen, however, have always been lukewarm. Basically, I'd be paying for the sample set.
You got many options with shaping audio in Dimension Pro, so it's more like a sample based synth, than a straight Rompler.

If you live in the US, or outside EU, you can buy it straight from Cakewalk for $15 too, better than getting it from a third party vendor.
Itz costs 15e in EU, so no big deal :-)

Numanoid wrote:If you live in the US, or outside EU, you can buy it straight from Cakewalk for $15 too, better than getting it from a third party vendor.
The euro and GBP regions of the Cakewalk store also have it for €15/£10.

It's been on sale a few times in the last few months, I got it in July for £20 and it was a bargain then. £10 for 3GB of (compressed) sounds and a versatile synth-engine on top truly is a no-brainer :tu: .

cubanoid wrote:£10 for 3GB of (compressed) sounds and a versatile synth-engine on top truly is a no-brainer :tu: .
Don't forget to pick up the free expansions too, there's lot extra, 730 patches:
http://www.cakewalk.no/Support/Knowledg ... -Packs-1-3

Numanoid wrote:
cubanoid wrote:£10 for 3GB of (compressed) sounds and a versatile synth-engine on top truly is a no-brainer :tu: .
Don't forget to pick up the free expansions too, there's lot extra, 730 patches:
I wasn't aware of this. Thanks.

SirKen wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
I wasn't aware of this. Thanks.
And if you have Rapture, here is the same for Rapture
http://www.cakewalk.no/Support/Knowledg ... -Packs-1-2
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “Instruments”