What we have here is a failure to Communicate.

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

robojam wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:
BertKoor wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:it would be great if we can freely copy and paste or drag and drop audio files between DAW’s and VSTi’s.

If there was a standard devised so that this simple communication can take place seamlessly this will enhance workflow
Please explain how in your opinion using multiple DAWs for one project enhances workflow...
That's a straw man.
Actually it's not - he's referencing comments you made directly - you suggested copying between DAWs and that your proposal would enhance workflow. Where's the straw man?
The copy and paste between DAW’s as I stated “this simple communication can take place seamlessly this will enhance workflow”. It is the copy and paste between DAW’s that is useful to enhance workflow not that “using multiple DAWs for one project enhances workflow”. People may use multiple DAW’s not to enhance work flow but simply to get the job done. In other words I am not suggesting that people use multiple DAW’s to enhance workflow. Perhaps a minor distinction for me not worth arguing about. I hope this clarifies the issues.

I've never tried it, but I know some DAWs (not Ableton, though) support Open Media Framework Interchange via .omf/.omfi files.

cruster wrote:I've never tried it, but I know some DAWs (not Ableton, though) support Open Media Framework Interchange via .omf/.omfi files.
Hello cruster,

Wow! Thanks for that bit of information.

Yes I was able to drag and drop an audio waveform for a track form Sonar X3 to Cubase 7.5 but could not do the reverse. Previously had tried several combinations of DAW's but was unsuccessful. If I recall one attempt involved Studio One 2 to Cubase 7 and the reverse without any luck. Studio One is not on the OMF list. Perhaps there is a trick or a workaround? Perhaps I did something wrong?

Quoting
"The following applications are known to support OMF importing and/or exporting:"
"importing and/or exporting:" I thought that was always possible. What really helps workflow is the drag and drop or copy and paste of audio samples from one DAW to another. Am I reading this correctly?

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”