Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pro-Q 3

Ah, you're even registered here :)

Thanks for the clarification.

IIRs wrote:
Novalis wrote:Who is this Dan Worrall?

Is he one of the developers, or just a speaker for demos?
Not one of the developers I'm afraid, just a sound engineer that found a little niche making the most awesome tutorial videos which practically force you to buy what's demonstrated;)
There, fixed that for you :D

I always feel like I've learned something interesting. Sometimes it's hard to follow, though. Playing MFM2 melodically on a MIDI keyboard still has me scratching my head ;)

Pretty sure that I won't have any problem with the Pro-Q 2 concepts.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

IIRs wrote:
Novalis wrote:Who is this Dan Worrall?

Is he one of the developers, or just a speaker for demos?
Not one of the developers I'm afraid
Well, technically not THEIR developer, but a developer on his own right. :tu:

BTW lemme fix the above :
Not one of the developers I'm afraid, just a sound engineer that found a little niche making the most awesome tutorial videos which practically force you to buy what's demonstrated and leaves you wandering how come he doesn't do tutorial videos for ALL audio companies ;)
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

I hope their server can withstand the customer storm coming the first day it's available. Can't wait a day longer :D
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Visually, as well as ergonomically, all the Fabfilter plugins are first class.

The good news is they also sound great. :)

PatchAdamz wrote:Visually, as well as ergonomically, all the Fabfilter plugins are first class.

The good news is they also sound great. :)
Is this really news? ;-)

Thanks guys :oops:
But if a FabFilter plug is a gleaming new BMW, mine are toy cars made of Lego ;)

jantex wrote:Ok, as someone already mentioned, Fabfilter never fail to impress me. I have been a Pro-Q user from the day one and will buy the update the day 1 it is available.

Although I had EQuilibrium I always keept returning to Pro-Q due to the speed. Now with this update this EQ has everything I ever wanted and even more!

But will it sound better than Equilibrium? That and Equick have a great sound. Don't forget Equick is much quicker to use than Equilibrium.

I'm a huge Fabfilter fan, but where they often seem to fall a little flat is in the presets. Great plugs, good website, nice pricing scheme, excellent demos, beautiful design, consistent ergonomics, but so-so presets.

I know, I also had EQuick but still preferred workflow of Pro-Q. Soundwise I like both eqs, but somehow I always preferred low mids of Pro-Q and highs of EQuilibrium. But still Pro-Q for me is an instant grab where I achieve what I want in 30 second and move forward. It keeps me focused to the music I am mixing instead of paying attention to the tool. And this is why it is basically the only EQ I need.

I never had a look at the presets in Pro-Q, or the other mixing tools. The presets for Volcano2 are very good. The same for Timeless2. Twin2 is good, but could be better.

I hardly use presets with mixing tools (EQ, comp, etc.), but for synths or creative effects I usually search thru the presets for a starting point. And I've never found myself reusing my own settings in the next project. Exception are settings for sidechaining and a simple locut (it's in fact my default preset when I start Pro-Q, with the analyzer on) that starts at 50Hz and can be set fast and easy. Every project, mix or mastering needs its individual settings, so in this case presets are almost no use for me.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

jantex wrote:I know, I also had EQuick but still preferred workflow of Pro-Q. Soundwise I like both eqs, but somehow I always preferred low mids of Pro-Q and highs of EQuilibrium. But still Pro-Q for me is an instant grab where I achieve what I want in 30 second and move forward. It keeps me focused to the music I am mixing instead of paying attention to the tool. And this is why it is basically the only EQ I need.
This! I stopped worrying about magic fairy dust plugins and just use a few tools that do the job and focus on the mix. It's liberating really.
deft_bonz wrote:I never had a look at the presets in Pro-Q, or the other mixing tools.
Indeed, it makes no sense at all to have presets for EQs. Well, maybe Equilibrium for all it's different settings, but I never used one preset for Pro-Q or other EQs.

It does make sense to setup your own Pro-Q presets though, for returning tasks like e.g. reducing certain harmonics from a certain string instrument or removing bow noises from flageolet notes when making samples for a library. Those EQ settings often involve plenty of bands which take a while to setup, so once you've made such a preset the recall will save you a lot of time, then you only have to adjust the settings to match the respective root note you're editing and the overall gain settings by grabbing all the nodes and adjusting them simultaneously.

Ah yes, that obviously makes sense! :)

I don't understand how you would use presets on an EQ? I own Twin 2 and think the preset are great for that.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Effects”