Phase Filter?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think there used to be a few presets on Logic's Phaser that acted as a filter. Are there any dedicated filter/phaser plug ins that can stall a sweep at a certain spot to create a kind of vowelish filter?

I'm not really sure what it's called so bear with me.

I'm not quite sure what you mean and I've no experience with Logic's Phaser, but perhaps a static allpass filter could do the trick? Also I think a notch filter may possibly do what you want.

The only static allpassfilter or actually a phaser that can be run without any modulation I can think of right now is Uhbik-P, part of the u-he Uhbik bundle. A bit expensive as you need to get the whole bundle and it has very much a character of it's own which is both an advantage and a disadvantage. The whole bundle is $149 (+ VAT in EU), but it's an amazing bundle if you can afford it and have use for the types of plugins in it.

You will find notch filters in most EQs, and in some filterplugins though I'm not sure which one to recommend for notching. The ones in EQs may give you more options for the width and depth of the notch than most filterplugins. Cableguys FilterShaper 3 is a pretty good filterplug.

You may also want something completely different from this, an allpassfilter with an envelopecontrolled filter that does some sweeping or something. If what I've suggested seems way off try again to describe it in a different way, and perhaps me or someone else can help you. Or perhaps only people with experience with some functionality unique to the Logic Phaser will get what you're after. If so it may be challenging to set it up in another plugin.

Return to “Effects”