Zebra Redux

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

drzhnn wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Where do you put the zrev and Zebrify txt files in extras - the skins are working without them so what are they for?
They are only for those who install the skin for the first time. Initially, only a synth version of Zebra supports theming out of the box. So if you want to use skins in Zebrify and ZRev, you need to do some extra work. All the instructions are in my first post.
Yeah that's what I don't get, they are working in ZRev (not tried Zebrify yet) but I didn't do any of that so wasn't sure what they were for.

wow, fantastic work!
I'm new to zebra, and these skins provide a really great way to get an overview of patches.

Ive been playing with Zebra Redux UDH, as the different background colours make it a little more obvious for beginners what type each module is, one thing that would help alot (if its possible) is to have the modules the same colour in the routing matrix.
(I'm sure after a while, I will go the 'plain redux' version, as its cleaner, once I get a bit more familiar with the modules, and how they are positioned by zebra)

aMUSEd wrote: Yeah that's what I don't get, they are working in ZRev (not tried Zebrify yet) but I didn't do any of that so wasn't sure what they were for.
Well, I just reinstalled Zebra from scratch and checked again. I do see Zebra Redux in context menus of all plugins, but I can apply and save it as default skin only in Zebra. In Zebrify and ZRev the skin will reset to the Original after reopening the plugins. Well, at least here on my PC (Windows 8.1, REAPER 64-bit, Zebra 2.7.0 r2570 64-bit). So I guess, either your version of Zebra is different from mine, or you already had your Zebrify.txt and ZRev.txt prepared before installing Zebra Redux.
thetechnobear wrote:wow, fantastic work!
I'm new to zebra, and these skins provide a really great way to get an overview of patches.
Thanks! Glad to hear you're enjoying it :)

why no comments from urs?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Busy man. :D

LOVE the work that you've done Denis! Love the colors, the simpler/flatter interface and all the thought behind it. Thanks so much for sharing all of your hard work with us. That being said, I have the same comment as a few others in the thread - on my 13" laptop screen, it's just too long. I can change it to the small (685x685) size to get all of it to fit on the screen, but then it's quite small...too small to be useful.

I know you're busy and I know that you've released this for free...but sure would love to see more of a horizontal interface that could fit my laptop screen.

Again, nice work.

Really nice work. Love the simpler modern GUI.

This may become my new default skin.

Thanks!

fourthmanfire wrote: I know you're busy and I know that you've released this for free...but sure would love to see more of a horizontal interface that could fit my laptop screen.

Again, nice work.
Yes, a horizontal version would be even better. The standard version fits my 21" monitor, but I'm not getting any younger so my sight requires bigger resolutions (or a bigger monitor) :)

Still, it's a kick-ass GUI for a kick-ass synth!
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

I was working with the latest version for a while last night and everything looks to be working properly, no bugs or weirdness. As someone said upthread this turns it into a whole new instrument. Will have to try my hand at a custom color theme. Thanks!

twolegstoneworks wrote:
fourthmanfire wrote: I know you're busy and I know that you've released this for free...but sure would love to see more of a horizontal interface that could fit my laptop screen.

Again, nice work.
Yes, a horizontal version would be even better. The standard version fits my 21" monitor, but I'm not getting any younger so my sight requires bigger resolutions (or a bigger monitor) :)

Still, it's a kick-ass GUI for a kick-ass synth!
What they said. :)

Congratulations and thanks for this amazing work!
Unfortunately it's not usable for me, as it wastes a lot of the screen. :/

New update:

Zebra.Redux.2014.0829.2100.zip

Changes:
- Comb: fixed wrong colors for mod knobs (noticeable mostly in Ravenholm color scheme)
- LFO2, LFOG2: fixed invisible menu bug in User mode

This is all I have for now :)

Invisible menu?

EvilDragon wrote:Invisible menu?
Yep. When I was fixing the step\lines issue in LFO modules I accidentally set a wrong parent pane for the waveform selection menu element and it was sliding to the editor area in User mode.

Hmmm, I can't seem to get that here!

Only LFO2 and LFOG2 modules were affected. Try to click in the top left corner of the editor in the User mode.

Return to “u-he”