Studio One 3?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

It seems that beta testing for Studio One is like being into the Fight Club, you can't even admit it. Don't you think so? :hihi:

Whatever Presonus shows next week could give us some hints about version 3 if it brings "deep integration with our acclaimed music creation and production suite for Pc and Mac".
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

standalone wrote:It seems that beta testing for Studio One is like being into the Fight Club, you can't even admit it. Don't you think so? :hihi:

Whatever Presonus shows next week could give us some hints about version 3 if it brings "deep integration with our acclaimed music creation and production suite for Pc and Mac".
Where did you get that quote?

Well, just got the e-mail promo saying it was a great time to upgrade to Studio One Professional. More evidence that s1 v3 is not coming. Why have a full price promo a few days before you launch?!? Maybe they did this to stop the rumors.

It's great trolling either way. If it's not V3, then it's a troll. If it IS V3 then it's still a good troll.

Well played either way ;)

HobbyCore wrote:
standalone wrote:It seems that beta testing for Studio One is like being into the Fight Club, you can't even admit it. Don't you think so? :hihi:

Where did you get that quote?
From my ass, basically. :lol:

It was just an example of what I would expect if what is announced next week ends being a control surface or something of the sort.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

I wonder if we could be about to see a UI similar to Progression 3

http://askaudiomag.com/articles/presonu ... gression-3

Peronally...I think that would rock!

It's out!
Soundbanks for Serum, Bazille, Diva, lush-101, Zebra2, Monark... Here

Dewi32 wrote:I wonder if we could be about to see a UI similar to Progression 3

How is this that different from Notion? Why have 2 composition and notation products?

aMUSEd wrote:
Dewi32 wrote:I wonder if we could be about to see a UI similar to Progression 3

How is this that different from Notion? Why have 2 composition and notation products?
I am speaking of the look of UI and only. The new Progression has a very nice look to it imo. I love Studio One, but i seriously think it looks ugly. Yes...its music making software not eye candy, but still.....

So excited, I hope it happens and exceeds expectations.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:So excited, I hope it happens and exceeds expectations.
I think your enthusiasm might begin to rub off on me and others. :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

aMUSEd wrote:
Progression is a "cut-down" version of Notion aimed toward guitarists. If you own Notion, then you own everything Progression can do (or at least that's how it's been in the past).

I was too until the doom sayers crushed it with their mighty hands!

hibidy wrote:
I was too until the doom sayers crushed it with their mighty hands!
Huh? I didn't follow any of that. S1 gets so many things right that some how eluded all the key players in the linear DAW market.

It's actually makes sense and doesn't make you jump through hoops to get simple things done. But they've let one bug slip through ever update and it drives me nuts. Anyway the GUI is really flat and depressing but besides that it actually looks a bit unfinished (see inspector for example) the midi editing is a few steps behind Cubase, which I consider the best to my taste, and on the whole it's all too small.

I seriously hope they don't go the fish price look for touch screen route like Steinberg did, but even if just looks like the new progression it's still a decent step in the right direction where things are bigger, clearer and uncluttered.

I am hoping it looks a bit like progression but with a bit more of a finished look and I hope they've cooked up some genuinely useful workflow enhancements for ELECTRONIC musicians this time.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Oh, I misunderstood, I thought we were talking about studio one.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”