IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

I looked through my previous messages and the closest I find to what you are stating about the beginning of the week doesn't say beginning at all:
On August 20th, I wrote:On the free version/demo front, some bad news. At this time, there was a strange bug that resurfaced so it looks like we will have to delay it until next week as we'd like to release a tip-top version for you. All I can do is let you know, and we'll have this resolved and up as quickly as possible but realistically that is looking like next week.
I didn't see anything stating beginning of the week, but I could of course have missed something as I am human as someone had pointed out also in this thread :)

Perhaps "It will be available when it is ready" is better?

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I looked through my previous messages and the closest I find to what you are stating about the beginning of the week doesn't say beginning at all:
On August 20th, I wrote:On the free version/demo front, some bad news. At this time, there was a strange bug that resurfaced so it looks like we will have to delay it until next week as we'd like to release a tip-top version for you. All I can do is let you know, and we'll have this resolved and up as quickly as possible but realistically that is looking like next week.
I didn't see anything stating beginning of the week, but I could of course have missed something as I am human as someone had pointed out also in this thread :)

Perhaps "It will be available when it is ready" is better?
Yeah, I covered that too in asking what your definition of 'next' was also.
And saying "it's ready when it's ready" just takes us back to the beginning of this cycle.

It is what it is, next week is the week after I posted my message and that's what I was told was projected for the demo/free version release. Is this going to turn into another semantics argument here? Let's go back to rompler/sampler/sample player/etc while we're at it, that is always fun to watch. We will have it available as soon as we feel it is ready for release. We appreciate your patience.

I was just watching the ST3 Patterns Tutorial Video and I realized what IK needs for their next TRacks effect plugin.......a De-Esser......... :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

deleted..

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:It is what it is, next week is the week after I posted my message and that's what I was told was projected for the demo/free version release. Is this going to turn into another semantics argument here? Let's go back to rompler/sampler/sample player/etc while we're at it, that is always fun to watch. We will have it available as soon as we feel it is ready for release. We appreciate your patience.
No, not semantics, no argument. You stated a time and that time has come.
So I take it now that you're implying it won't be ready any time soon?
(like the end of the month or before the boxed version is shipped).

BBFG# wrote:
WOW!!! still arguing with ik multimedia... i remember back in the Nov/Dec (2013) time frame... you were defending them... you actually pointed some of your remarks at me...

remember?

just curious... what has changed?

:tu:

Page 180, anybody?

Starting to see a few patterns in this thread...
You need to limit that rez, bro.

BBFG# wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:It is what it is, next week is the week after I posted my message and that's what I was told was projected for the demo/free version release. Is this going to turn into another semantics argument here? Let's go back to rompler/sampler/sample player/etc while we're at it, that is always fun to watch. We will have it available as soon as we feel it is ready for release. We appreciate your patience.
No, I am not implying anything of the sort. I stated a time, I stated a reason that didn't happen. I'm just passing information and that's what I have - it will be ready as soon as they are done testing it and are satisfied with the results. That shouldn't be too long, but I have no control over it so I'm just letting you know.

Like I said, no argument. Even though it appears that's what you want to divert too.
The only thing you can offer at this point is when.
Everything else is just the regular attempt at distraction from that.

So if not now... when?
And 'soon' is not a time or a time frame.

Can you promise it will be released before the boxed versions are shipped?

neverenoughfunk wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
WOW!!! still arguing with ik multimedia... i remember back in the Nov/Dec (2013) time frame... you were defending them... you actually pointed some of your remarks at me...
remember?
just curious... what has changed?
:tu:
I defended the product that was current at the time. (And still do).
I also remained optimistic for the product coming.
Since then, I've found that their 64 bit software only crashes on my system with no fix available from support. Since this product is also of their 64 bit design, it is imperative that I get to test it first before it ships to me, so that I don't get stuck taking another loss because they don't refund, even if it doesn't work. (It is computer science after all, but not necessarily as they see it).

So there is a time factor here and I see multiple problems in discussion from many now.
So there's the 'change' (which isn't a change at all from my previous). And the shmooze of getting it in everyone's hands first without recourse appears most prevalent. I'm not mad in any way. Just making the inquiry to eliminate any further waste of money. (And ST2 'et al' is still working fine for me.)
To my recollection though, I have not defended any double talk from them.

You know he can't do that. Worst case you get the box, don't open it, try the demo, either keep or return the box. Yes?
You need to limit that rez, bro.

kbaccki wrote:You know he can't do that. Worst case you get the box, don't open it, try the demo, either keep or return the box. Yes?
I guess that would depend on when they plan on having the demo available?
I mean if they delay it for three months after shipping the box version, it would be hard to convince Sweetwater that they should give a refund for it.

I wish I hadn't received this early. Thomann's price is just €20 + for the upgrade than what I paid, and I could've just sat back and watched this farcedy unfold.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Instruments”